Author Topic: John Dies at the End / This Book is Full of Spiders  (Read 2120 times)

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
John Dies at the End / This Book is Full of Spiders
« on: December 29, 2012, 05:34:18 am »
1) Has anyone else read either of these books? What do you think?
I would recommend it- there's not too many people who can write horror well, and not too many people who can do comedy well, and the author does both in the Mood Whiplash-iest way possible and it doesn't ruin the story!
The villain is described in the
(click to show/hide)

2) Has anyone who has read JDatE seen the movie yet? I saw it at the Seattle film festival. It was awesome. Apparently now it's in the On-Demand section, so now I can enjoy it with my sisters.
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
Re: John Dies at the End / This Book is Full of Spiders
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 01:35:17 am »
I though that was a reference to Doom, but that would be "Dies at conclusion of this episode."
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 04:37:16 am »
I though that was a reference to Doom, but that would be "Dies at conclusion of this episode."

Funniest thing: The title is a lie.
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 09:59:04 am »

Funniest thing: The title is a lie.

... Ruin the book why don't you?
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying