Author Topic: Dishonored has been dishonored  (Read 10252 times)

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
Re: Dishonored has been dishonored
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2012, 11:05:12 am »
Just a little nitpick here, IM:

You don't have to delete all your saves. The data in the save isn't corrupted. I had the timestamp bug happen, but I had managed to save beforehand (only used one slot besides the autosaves).

I attempted to load the save, and it was fine. So I hit Save, selected a new slot, deleted the "bugged" saves, and continued on. No problems since.

I should not have to do this every time I start the game up.

As for the missing item names, I have never encountered that. Maybe I'm just lucky.

Even the abandoned apartment key or hound pit key? Perhaps you are lucky.

Man, this is nothing by Bethesda standards.  Call me when people start getting stuck in the floor.

Though I do disagree with Illusive Man on the game being crap:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNvP4uvGVzM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNvP4uvGVzM</a>

I am going to repeat this again: "I don’t expect perfection, I expect functionality. I will excuse glitches that require a lot more time and money to hunt down (ie physics glitches)." The reason for this is simple, the physics glitches (rag dolls stuck in level geometry) are dependent on a third party physics engine that the developers do not have in depth knowledge of. The save system has no such excuse.

I give the game a 7 out of 10 for versions 1.0 and 1.01. Later versions will get a different score assuming they fix such problems. Crap it is not, especially considering how good the level design is, but it will be much better when they fix the obvious problems. 
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 11:20:14 am by The Illusive Man »
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2012, 01:11:22 pm »
What's funny is I know a lot of people who have been playing the game and I've heard no complaints about anything. They say the story is amazing and the mechanics are great but I haven't heard anything negative. I actually want to pick up the game but I'm waiting for Christmas.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2012, 04:09:38 pm »

You don't have to delete all your saves. The data in the save isn't corrupted. I had the timestamp bug happen, but I had managed to save beforehand (only used one slot besides the autosaves).

I attempted to load the save, and it was fine. So I hit Save, selected a new slot, deleted the "bugged" saves, and continued on. No problems since.

Considering NonProphet said "No Problems Since", I'm betting you don't have to do this every time you start the game up.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2012, 07:13:52 am »
What's funny is I know a lot of people who have been playing the game and I've heard no complaints about anything. They say the story is amazing and the mechanics are great but I haven't heard anything negative. I actually want to pick up the game but I'm waiting for Christmas.
'

The ONLY complaint I've heard is that the campaign is too short.  Other than that, pretty much the same here.  I've said it before and I'll say it again.  Best stealth game since Thief.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Yla

• The Beast
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2012, 09:13:31 am »

Considering NonProphet said "No Problems Since", I'm betting you don't have to do this every time you start the game up.
If it can happen anytime and fucks his saves up, then yes, he has to do it every time.
You don't have to look both ways every time when you cross the street, but, well...
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.

Offline NonProphet

• Apprentice
  • Bowties are cool.
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2013, 03:42:22 am »

Actually, it started back up (strangely). It's not so bad since I'm only using one savefile (plus the autosave) right now, but it is frustrating. It's only a minor nuisance to me, though; and as I said, the savedata itself isn't corrupt. Just the timestamp data. New save slot + deleting the old one is a small price to pay for continuing the story without restarting.

As for the missing item names, I have never encountered that. Maybe I'm just lucky.

Even the abandoned apartment key or hound pit key? Perhaps you are lucky.
Yup. The Abandoned Apartment key is labelled properly for me. Not sure why or how - maybe a fan-made patch that my roomie found when she installed it? Not sure, but it's fine for me.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 03:44:33 am by NonProphet »

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2013, 05:49:52 am »
I've had no problems thus far, though I wish it had New Game +, so you could go back and retry missions with all the powers you've unlocked, instead of what you have at that point in the game.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"