Author Topic: Girls Kidnapped 10 Years Ago, Found  (Read 14418 times)

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
Re: Girls Kidnapped 10 Years Ago, Found
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2013, 11:38:08 am »
I'm reminded of this video.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM</a>

Now I'm wondering if even Detroit isn't this bad.  And Detroit IS a wretched hive.

Maybe you should see Newburgh, NY, which is known as the murder capital of New York, and the worst part it isn't even a large city, it's rather small. That being said, I really dislike this type of of stuff, given that it's usually used by conservatives to further poor shame, but ignore the lack of economic opportunity in these areas, not to mention the political corruption that goes on. I know this shit first hand given that I live in Poughkeepsie, and a good deal of those in the surrounding suburbs act as if it's the worst place ever to live, because all they know is this white bread fantasty world.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 11:43:03 am by Empress Nicki »

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 12:02:48 pm by syaoranvee »

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2013, 02:54:49 pm »
More details from Gawker, it seems to be worse than we initially thought.
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2013, 07:54:59 pm »
More details from Gawker, it seems to be worse than we initially thought.

I want to write a short story. A cathartic fantasy. A tale about a mysterious super-hero/vigilante-type woman who finds a situation like this. She frees the girls then shoots the three goons in the arms and legs, drags them in the basement, then rapes, beats and tortures them, then sets the house on fire and roasts those subhuman guy-goons. It would make for an awesome grindhouse cinematic shocker!

I would NEVER support such actions in real life & would stress taking the higher ground. However, sometimes a dark, cruel fantasy is a great form of catharsis.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2013, 09:51:43 pm »
You know...there needs to be a federal mandate or somesuch that allows, upon proof of irreparable corruption, entire police departments to be completely purged and replaced.  Kind of like how you do for the Black Hand in Oblivion; there's a traitor in your Sanctuary, but don't know who it is, sooooo your boss tells you to purge the place of all life.

Like that, but with less killing and more dickheads being slapped with so many fines, they'll be bankrupt for the rest of their lives.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2013, 10:01:51 pm »
You know...there needs to be a federal mandate or somesuch that allows, upon proof of irreparable corruption, entire police departments to be completely purged and replaced.  Kind of like how you do for the Black Hand in Oblivion; there's a traitor in your Sanctuary, but don't know who it is, sooooo your boss tells you to purge the place of all life.

Like that, but with less killing and more dickheads being slapped with so many fines, they'll be bankrupt for the rest of their lives.

I think I read that there was a place (not in the US) that actually did that.  Whoever was in power wanted to fix the police corruption, but was told he'd have to purge the whole force, since all of it was pretty much corrupt.  So he did, and hired all new people.  From what I heard, police corruption did go down after that.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2013, 10:22:34 pm »

I think I read that there was a place (not in the US) that actually did that.  Whoever was in power wanted to fix the police corruption, but was told he'd have to purge the whole force, since all of it was pretty much corrupt.  So he did, and hired all new people.  From what I heard, police corruption did go down after that.

Yes, I believe that was Georgia.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2013, 10:38:06 pm »
The dude who rescued them is awesome.  We need more people like him in the world.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2013, 11:00:02 pm »

That's a fab idea! Some police forces are so messed up that nothing short of firing everybody (and replacing with competent, good people) would fix them!

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2013, 02:45:40 am »
*Sees the idea Spuki has for a fic* *sighs* *rolls up a newspaper and whacks Spuki with it* Down, kitty. Down. If you REALLY want to get revenge, have your protagonist leave them in General Pop for a day, and let the other inmates know what they did. Then sit back and watch as they learn that hell truly is other people.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2013, 03:07:02 am »
The dude who rescued them is awesome.  We need more people like him in the world.

on that note... Enjoy the autotune variant of the news reports.  It's almost dancy.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZcRU0Op5P4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZcRU0Op5P4</a>
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Jack Mann

• Gold Bugger Jihad Pony
  • God
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2013, 01:12:51 pm »
Sylvia Browne's been coming under fire for having told Amanda Berry's mother that she was dead.  The poor woman went to her grave believing her daughter was dead, on the strength of that fraud's reading.
اللغة العربية صعبة ، ولكنها جميلة جدا

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2013, 01:38:59 pm »
I'm not sure why anyone honestly believes psychics, though I can understand the mom being desperate for answers. Either way, it's sad she died not knowing one way or the other.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2013, 01:40:11 pm »
Sylvia Browne's been coming under fire for having told Amanda Berry's mother that she was dead.  The poor woman went to her grave believing her daughter was dead, on the strength of that fraud's reading.

Fuck her.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!