General Category > Suggestion Box

Friends of FSTDT section

<< < (3/3)

PosthumanHeresy:

--- Quote from: RavynousHunter on August 28, 2013, 08:14:42 pm ---
--- Quote from: PosthumanHeresy on August 27, 2013, 04:24:07 am ---You know what? I don't want us to be linked to that bitch anyhow. He's a transphobic dickwagon. How about we focus on places like RationalWiki and making ourselves a TvTropes page and entry pimping ourselves?

--- End quote ---

RationalWiki would probably be the better of the two.  TVTropes can, occasionally, attract...unsavoury characters a la Chagen in greater numbers than we'd get, in my opinion, with a place like RationalWiki.  The occasional dickhead to bat around like a ball of yarn is fun, but one can have too much of a good thing.

--- End quote ---
True, but it's also bigger exposure.

Lithp:

--- Quote from: RavynousHunter on August 25, 2013, 06:30:56 pm ---
--- Quote from: Brain Fritz on August 25, 2013, 01:50:26 am ---Huh. I got a PM from Distind along the lines of he's considering it if this forum has its own mainpage. Maybe he's changed his mind since then?

--- End quote ---

Maybe, but I'm not holding my breath.  His little hissy fit has destroyed any confidence I had in him.

--- End quote ---

If he did, it's probably for some stupid reason, like he realized that the main pagers don't really give a shit about him, & all of the suggestions for improving his little project came from us.

Honestly, I'm not sure if I even want to read the main page anymore.

On the subject of TV Tropes, most things of sufficient notoriety will have a TV Tropes page. FSTDT had one. It's not like, if you have a TV Tropes page, you're intimately linked to the community. You also don't have to be "affiliated" with it. As far as that goes, Rational Wiki would definitely be a good idea.

anti-nonsense:
the FSTDT page on TvTropes is/was almost entirely focused on the main page.

And in theory, "There is no such thing as notability" on TVTropes, if we want a page, all we have to do is create one, though I think that should probably wait until we have something besides forum discussion to show off.

The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist:
Plus a TVTropes page for the forum would have a high potential for passive-aggressive edits.

Rabbit of Caerbannog:

--- Quote from: Lithp on August 30, 2013, 03:45:39 am ---
--- Quote from: RavynousHunter on August 25, 2013, 06:30:56 pm ---
--- Quote from: Brain Fritz on August 25, 2013, 01:50:26 am ---Huh. I got a PM from Distind along the lines of he's considering it if this forum has its own mainpage. Maybe he's changed his mind since then?

--- End quote ---

Maybe, but I'm not holding my breath.  His little hissy fit has destroyed any confidence I had in him.

--- End quote ---

If he did, it's probably for some stupid reason, like he realized that the main pagers don't really give a shit about him, & all of the suggestions for improving his little project came from us.

Honestly, I'm not sure if I even want to read the main page anymore.
--- End quote ---
Which is too bad because I've always enjoyed it, and I still submit quotes there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version