Author Topic: Millionaire couple keeps girl in basement as a sex slave  (Read 8527 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Millionaire couple keeps girl in basement as a sex slave
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2014, 11:47:23 am »
100000£/6.19£/hr=16155.08 hours
16155.08/9=1795 hours/yr
1795/52=34.5 hours/wk

So the judge figured she was entitled to minimum wage.
For a part time job.

Oh, fuck me. He really did, and apparently child minimum wage must be a fair bit lower:
The judge based it on the minimum wage, assuming she worked for 12 hours a day, seven days a week.
link

...I am suddenly finding brand new kind of anger inside me that is being directed towards that judge.

Not quite as much anger as I have towards the kinds of people like this couple who enslaved a girl, but still a rather a lot of rage.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2014, 12:29:57 pm »
100000£/6.19£/hr=16155.08 hours
16155.08/9=1795 hours/yr
1795/52=34.5 hours/wk

So the judge figured she was entitled to minimum wage.
For a part time job.

Oh, fuck me. He really did, and apparently child minimum wage must be a fair bit lower:
The judge based it on the minimum wage, assuming she worked for 12 hours a day, seven days a week.
link
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2014, 01:05:37 pm »
I go so much I can' type it. Lawyer hate jokes exist for a reason, I get it, but shit smacking fuck! There's no joke in that one. Judge must be totally depraved and in admiring awe of the charming defendants, for signing a dance card entry sentence like that.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Murdin

• Bishop
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2014, 01:52:33 pm »
The couple was already sentenced to jail by a criminal court. This ruling was specifically about evaluating the value of the fraud and unpaid work. The judge probably didn't want to go beyond their prerogatives and inflict a punishing amount of reparations, only to get overruled anyway.

Now you may ask, how long are these... biological humans going to spend behind bars for nine years of treating an actual person as their property?

Six fucking years, apparently. And this only after the original sentence of FIVE years was considered "too lenient" in appeal.

A silver lining: the male one was condemned to an additional nine years for multiple accounts of rape. It will never get out of jail alive and free, unlike its mate.

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2014, 03:04:58 pm »
The couple was already sentenced to jail by a criminal court. This ruling was specifically about evaluating the value of the fraud and unpaid work. The judge probably didn't want to go beyond their prerogatives and inflict a punishing amount of reparations, only to get overruled anyway.

Yeah, bullshit.

She was effectively on call -- TO BE RAPED -- for 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for nine years. That should automatically double the amount.

She worked through all of her 5.6 weeks of minimum entitled vacation time for nine years. That's another 50 weeks worth of pay... at the 24-7 on call rate.

And since when is a live in maid paid child rate minimum wage of 3.72?

Since court cost are an allowable figure, how much is the state projected to be spending on the remedial tutoring since she wasn't in school ? How much for the counseling this child is going to need in order to have any minimal quality of life? How much for placement and on-going expenses in foster care?

Of course it really is all bullshit since the U.K. child laws provide no minimum wage protection for kids under 16 and they can only work part time so the judge could have just said she was only entitled to compensation based on part time hours or that she was entitled to nothing until that point if he was trying to apply the laws very literally to avoid an appeal.

Fuck the judge.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2014, 03:46:09 pm »
Maybe somebody should start a petition to get that judge fired.

Offline Murdin

• Bishop
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2014, 04:35:18 pm »
Yeah, bullshit.

She was effectively on call -- TO BE RAPED -- for 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for nine years. That should automatically double the amount.

She worked through all of her 5.6 weeks of minimum entitled vacation time for nine years. That's another 50 weeks worth of pay... at the 24-7 on call rate.

And since when is a live in maid paid child rate minimum wage of 3.72?

Since court cost are an allowable figure, how much is the state projected to be spending on the remedial tutoring since she wasn't in school ? How much for the counseling this child is going to need in order to have any minimal quality of life? How much for placement and on-going expenses in foster care?

Of course it really is all bullshit since the U.K. child laws provide no minimum wage protection for kids under 16 and they can only work part time so the judge could have just said she was only entitled to compensation based on part time hours or that she was entitled to nothing until that point if he was trying to apply the laws very literally to avoid an appeal.

Fuck the judge.

Murder and rape convictions have been overturned for less than that. This is the rule of law at its best worst global optimum: impartial, unfeeling, inhuman.

Then we also have to consider the fact that all these trials cost a lot of money to the citizens. The statement has been made, and the woman gets some hard cash in complement with all the free social help she very much deserves. There's little to gain for society in sucking £100,000 more from these animals if it means having to pay for (at least) one more trial - and it will, because they have enough money and friends to buy themselves a decent defense.

This is an absolutely terrible thing to say and I feel absolutely terrible and depressed for saying this... but on the grand scale of things, from a practical standpoint, it's just not worth it. And the more powerful the defender, the less worth it is. Even in a perfectly democratic state, even when it actually accomplishes its alleged goals, "justice" the institution has little to nothing to do with "justice" the ideal. Try too hard to conflate the two, and you get Cestlefun.

If it was just me, all of their property would have been seized and they would have been forbidden to own anything ever again. That's in addition to spending the rest of their life in prison, of course. But we know we can't do that. For better or for worse, the model of society we live in holds the concept of private property as sacred.

They've had people brutally tortured to death in that country for far less than this, why the hell do these two get what amounts two a parking ticket for kidnap and rape.

This happened in the UK, not in Pakistan. To their defense, it's been a while since they stopped publicly torturing their citizens to death ("publicly", "their citizens" and "to death" are all key phrases here)

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2014, 07:03:14 pm »
I wonder if Mr and Mrs Sadist were on the dole and came from the local council estate whether the sentence would be more apropos?

Guess we'll never know!

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2014, 09:51:49 pm »

Yeah!

I try to keep things in perspective.....all evil scum is punished. If not in this life, then in the next.

I know most on this forum don't believe that but I do. There are no "Karma Houdinis".
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 09:55:11 pm by SpukiKitty »

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2014, 10:11:28 pm »
From a cannon.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2014, 11:09:03 pm »
From a cannon.

mounted on a spaceship aimed at the sun.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2014, 11:14:04 pm »
With a bunch of grenades attached to his penis.
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2014, 12:55:33 am »
And a rabid wolverine inserted into his anus!

Ironbite-cause you know...justice!

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2014, 05:37:39 am »
And a rabid wolverine inserted into his anus!

Ironbite-cause you know...justice!
Blah blah blah moral high ground blah blah blah!!!
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2014, 03:30:37 pm »
Fuck them with a candiru.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!