Author Topic: Democratic Primaries Thread  (Read 30683 times)

Offline Id82

• The Beast
Re: Democratic Primaries Thread
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2020, 07:15:45 pm »
Unfortunately all of the candidates are as old as your grandmother besides Buttigieg.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2020, 09:15:29 pm »
Unfortunately all of the candidates are as old as your grandmother besides Buttigieg.

Sen. Klobuchar's only 59, just saying.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2020, 09:31:53 pm »
If this does end up being Sanders' time, I just hope he chooses a young and vibrant VP candidate.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2020, 10:36:33 pm »
If this does end up being Sanders' time, I just hope he chooses a young and vibrant VP candidate.

I'm betting Nina Turner (who's only 52) ends up either as VP or DNC Chair. Probably the latter given her relative lack of experience in elective office, though.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Vanto

• Bishop
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2020, 11:10:28 pm »

Though they'll need substance, too. Palin was certainly young and vibrant, but she didn't do McCain any favors.
Stop the timeline, I wanna get off.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2020, 11:16:31 pm »
Does the VP need to be old enough to be president?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2020, 11:32:07 pm »
Does the VP need to be old enough to be president?

The VP has to meet all the requirements the President does, so yes.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2020, 11:57:08 pm »
So AOC and Ilhan Omar are out then

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2020, 01:49:02 am »
So AOC and Ilhan Omar are out then

Rep. Ocasio-Cortez for now, yes, Rep. Omar yes barring a constitutional amendment.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2020, 03:28:21 am »
I think Bernie needs to go more centrist with his VP pick to try and bring that side of the party with him.  Picking someone like Klobuchar might ease some anxiety and help out in the rust belt.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2020, 03:31:58 am »
Though this does bring to mind an idea I had; decreasing the age requirement for running for President to 25.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2020, 10:26:29 am »
I think Bernie needs to go more centrist with his VP pick to try and bring that side of the party with him.  Picking someone like Klobuchar might ease some anxiety and help out in the rust belt.

Then he turns off part of his base, because it means "if I leave office the next person won't advance my policy priorities".

As for the Rust Belt, the biggest issue there is trade (and specifically being more protectionist), and Sanders already has that position.

Offline DarkPhoenix

• Bishop
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2020, 09:35:29 pm »

I'm betting Nina Turner (who's only 52) ends up either as VP or DNC Chair.

Ugh.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2020, 10:42:00 pm »

I'm betting Nina Turner (who's only 52) ends up either as VP or DNC Chair.

Ugh.

She's going to get something important, she's been one of his most high-profile surrogates and most ardent defenders.

EDIT: https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/joe-biden-election-south-carolina-super-tuesday-1.5474594

A former Conservative strategist on Biden's campaign and rallies:

It's like a hostage-taking. ... If that campaign was milk, you'd look at the date and throw it out.

EDIT: Super Tuesday just got a lot more interesting with these South Carolina results.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 09:01:17 pm by dpareja »

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2020, 10:08:02 pm »
Basically Biden will win the south but I think Bernie will win everything else.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t