Author Topic: Stupid Criminals  (Read 1292 times)

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
Stupid Criminals
« on: April 09, 2013, 03:24:56 pm »
Use this thread to talk about dimwitted crooks.  I know a story about an idiot burglar who decided to steal from a house that was being fumigated for termites.  Needless to say, he didn't survive.
Learn from the past, live in the present, prepare for the future.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: Stupid Criminals
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 04:22:16 pm »
http://www.mrbrown.com/blog/2000/09/criminal_darwin.html

SAWB: So smart he's stupid

Cigars and Insurance
 A Charlotte, NC, man having purchased a case of very rare, very expensive cigars insured them against fire among other things. Within a month, having smoked his entire stockpile of cigars and without having made even his first premium payment on the policy, the man filed a claim against the insurance company. In his claim, the man stated the cigars were lost "in a series of small fires".

The insurance company refused to pay, citing the obvious reason that the man had consumed the cigars in the normal fashion. the man sued... and won. In delivering the ruling the judge agreeing that the claim was frivolous, stated nevertheless that the man held a policy from the company in which it had warranted that the cigars were insurable and also guaranteed that it would insure against fire, without defining what it considered to be "unacceptable fire", and was obligated to pay the claim. Rather than endure a lengthy and costly appeal process the insurance company accepted the ruling and paid the man $15,000 for the rare cigars he lost in "the fires".

After the man cashed the check, however, the company had him arrested on 24 counts of arson. With his own insurance claim and testimony from the previous case being used against him, the man was convicted of intentionally burning his insured property and sentenced to 24 months in jail and a $24,000 fine.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 05:13:12 pm »
I find this hard to believe.  If true, it is  hilarious.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 07:20:03 pm »
Went on Snopes. It's definitely not true.

There IS a real stupid criminal story, real in the sense that I saw the security camera footage on TV years ago. A guy decided (while drunk) to break into a liquor store, namely by using a ladder to climb in from the outside and crawl through the drop ceiling.

This is how well it went:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe-tI61Ve14" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe-tI61Ve14</a>
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 07:27:35 pm »
I used to have this dumb criminals book that was FULL of hilarious crap.  Like this one crook who jumped out of a second story window to escape some police while a parade was going by.  Wound up getting caught on and stuck on one of the floats.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter