Author Topic: Awesome Protest Signs  (Read 606580 times)

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
Re: Awesome Protest Signs
« Reply #900 on: January 17, 2013, 11:02:19 am »
Also the whole issue is this is the one time anti choiceers claim to care for black people.  When they are forced to give birth and want to raise the kid ....

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #901 on: January 17, 2013, 04:03:13 pm »
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #902 on: January 17, 2013, 06:40:07 pm »

She may not have been a racist, but she was a eugenicist.

Perhaps she was. But it was at a time in history when eugenics was a strong pop-psyc  thing. Like sort of the equivalent of a Dr. Phil. It wasn't like she was some sort of lone wackjob with out there beliefs at the time. Much like if you were to read the works of Sam Clements today. Pretty damn racist, right? But probably not for the time.

Sorry, I just hate to see the past being abused this way.

ETA: Sorry, that wasn't at you, Dragon.

Of course, this is exactly what most conservatives would say if you criticise (say) Bedford Forrest. One standard for me, another for thee.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #903 on: January 17, 2013, 08:12:47 pm »

And don't forget flag burning.  Funny how flag burning and SSM should be covered under the First Amendment (I'm not sure where/if abortions are covered by an amendment), but those get ignored.  So the First Amendment is open to interpretation but the Second must be followed to the letter. 

Of course, considering those who say that usually say the same thing about their precious little bibles.

Not to mention that burning a flag is how you properly dispose of a worn flag to begin with. The real kicker is that the flag shouldn't even be used for advertising purposes.
U.S Flag Etiquette

« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 08:31:08 pm by Empress Nicki »

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #904 on: January 17, 2013, 09:19:38 pm »
Not to mention that burning a flag is how you properly dispose of a worn flag to begin with. The real kicker is that the flag shouldn't even be used for advertising purposes.
U.S Flag Etiquette

Yes, but that specifies that it be burned in a dignified manner. Burning a flag in a protest is not something some would call dignified.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #905 on: January 17, 2013, 09:21:56 pm »
U.S Flag Etiquette

Yes, but that specifies that it be burned in a dignified manner. Burning a flag in a protest is not something some would call dignified.

Exactly.

And I remember we had to burn one of our old ones for JROTC. And you have an entire ceremony. It's not just burning it cause you're mad at the people the flag represents.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #906 on: January 17, 2013, 10:48:31 pm »
Yeah, it does say in a dignified manner, but most of the time when it comes to writing the bills that try to ban it, they do a crappy job at it that it bans all flag burning. That being said the Supreme Court has upheld flag burning as free speech.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #907 on: January 18, 2013, 01:26:16 am »
My solution is to make all US flags out of non-flammable materials.

Protestor: We're going to burn the American flag! Down with America!
American: You can't burn the American flag!
Protestor: Freedom of speech!
American: No, I meant, it's not physically possible.
Protestor: Fuck you! *tries to light flag* Why won't it ignite?
American: TROLLFACE
Protestor:  Goddamn Americans!
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline SimSim

• Lover of Good Beer and Bad Movies
  • The Beast
  • I have a cunning plan
« Reply #908 on: January 18, 2013, 03:47:25 pm »
You do realize that burning the flag is the proper way to dispose if it, right?

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #909 on: January 18, 2013, 05:22:53 pm »
Yeah, it does say in a dignified manner, but most of the time when it comes to writing the bills that try to ban it, they do a crappy job at it that it bans all flag burning. That being said the Supreme Court has upheld flag burning as free speech.

And yet people still argue about it, just like they argue that marriage should be between a man and woman because it is a religious institution.  If that's the case, then shouldn't it be covered by Freedom of Religion?

Once again, why is the First Amendment open to interpretation, but the Second Amendment must be followed to the letter?
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline TenfoldMaquette

• Pope
« Reply #910 on: January 18, 2013, 05:28:08 pm »
Once again, why is the First Amendment open to interpretation, but the Second Amendment must be followed to the letter?

Paranoia?

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #911 on: January 19, 2013, 01:59:46 am »

Because Thomas Jefferson and God himself intended for me to have a DL-44 heavy blaster pistol, damn it!!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 02:01:39 am by Empress Nicki »

Offline ScrappyB

• Bishop
« Reply #912 on: January 19, 2013, 02:07:38 am »

Because Thomas Jefferson and God himself intended for me to have a DL-44 heavy blaster pistol, damn it!!

No, no... See, the founding fathers worded it as "arms" so it's not just limited to guns. They obviously meant every American would have the right to their very own nuclear weapons.
"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit." - Thomas Paine

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #913 on: January 19, 2013, 02:11:02 am »
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #914 on: January 19, 2013, 08:27:07 am »