Author Topic: Awesome Protest Signs  (Read 606427 times)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
Re: Awesome Protest Signs
« Reply #1350 on: May 27, 2013, 03:00:55 am »

huhuhuhuhuhu.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #1351 on: May 27, 2013, 03:48:58 pm »
Remember when Family Guy was actually funny?

Nope.

Eh, even if 98% of the episode was just plain bland or disgusting, they manage to have 1 or 2 funny scenes.

OK, I think we have a solution. Cancel family guy, and fold their writing staff into that of Robot Chicken.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1352 on: May 27, 2013, 05:57:50 pm »

Nope.

Eh, even if 98% of the episode was just plain bland or disgusting, they manage to have 1 or 2 funny scenes.

OK, I think we have a solution. Cancel family guy, and fold their writing staff into that of Robot Chicken.

Can we do the same thing with American Dad?

I tried to watch some episodes of that since everyone says it's better than Family Guy and found it to be even worse somehow.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline booley

• Pope
  • Grand High Viceroy of the Eastern Expanses
« Reply #1353 on: May 27, 2013, 10:30:14 pm »

Nope.

I tried to watch some episodes of that since everyone says it's better than Family Guy and found it to be even worse somehow.

Ok let me just pipe into the hate fest to mention I like the show.

I mean I get that many don't care for the shows.  I have a low opinion of Honey Boo boo and pretty much all the reality shows except for Face Off.

But since I just dont' watch those shows, my rage probably has not been nurtured as abundently as other's have been.
“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”
The Doctor

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1354 on: May 28, 2013, 10:39:48 am »

Nope.

You have to go into all shows expecting to be offended and then I think it can definitely be enjoyable.

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1355 on: May 28, 2013, 01:11:53 pm »
Offended?

How about "It was actively boring.  Like it was going out of its way to be boring."
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1356 on: May 28, 2013, 01:48:03 pm »
I was talking about in general when it comes to the shows. *shrugs*

« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 12:48:35 am by Booker DeWitt »

&

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #1357 on: June 01, 2013, 02:12:13 pm »
I have some problems with the whole "violence never solves anything" line. Violence is often a quick and effective solution, but can also create new problems. Violence should be a last resort, but it should be there. That is why I favor having a strong military, and why I will personally teach my kids how to fight.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1358 on: June 01, 2013, 08:17:26 pm »
True. I think it would have been better if it read 'turns to violence as a first resort' or something similar.

&

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #1359 on: June 02, 2013, 09:03:05 am »
True. I think it would have been better if it read 'turns to violence as a first resort' or something similar.

i am so diametrically opposed to this idea i cannot help but take it as a snarky comment. there's just too much crud going on in this world to actually ask for moar violence   :'(
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1360 on: June 02, 2013, 09:09:24 am »

i am so diametrically opposed to this idea i cannot help but take it as a snarky comment. there's just too much crud going on in this world to actually ask for moar violence   :'(

He means that the protest sign would be better if it pointed out that THE GOVERMENT turns to violence as a first resort, not that Booker would prefer to use violence as the first resort.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #1361 on: June 02, 2013, 09:12:59 am »

He means that the protest sign would be better if it pointed out that THE GOVERMENT turns to violence as a first resort, not that Booker would prefer to use violence as the first resort.

i've seen from posts that booker will try to avoid violence, so my bad if it was perceived like that. but put that on a protest sign, and well, poe's law comes into full effect...

[runs and hides]
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Emperor Maximilian

• Neonate
« Reply #1362 on: June 02, 2013, 04:44:15 pm »
Violence is not desirable, but it should always be on the table as an option. Sometimes, it's the best (or indeed, only) response.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1363 on: June 02, 2013, 05:05:39 pm »

This. Sorry. I need to word things better.

@Guizonde- you're fine. I'm also one of those people who has had to turn to violence to end something but I don't go for the option first thing.

&

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #1364 on: June 02, 2013, 07:34:56 pm »
I, too, feel that violence is feasible as a very last resort or self-defense.

It what one might call a "Martial/Technical Pacifist".