Author Topic: Awesome Protest Signs  (Read 606421 times)

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
Re: Awesome Protest Signs
« Reply #1425 on: July 22, 2013, 06:45:02 pm »

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #1426 on: July 23, 2013, 01:18:03 pm »

Protesting the protection of rapists by colleges. The "I've lost count" just... wow. I think I'm going to go puke up my poptart.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1427 on: July 23, 2013, 02:54:01 pm »
I'm glad to see at least four guys in that picture.

That being said, geez... colleges aren't supposed to learn from the Catholic church!
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #1428 on: July 23, 2013, 03:47:37 pm »

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #1429 on: July 23, 2013, 04:16:46 pm »
^ The above image makes me sad and angry at the same time. In the backdrop is the capitol building of Austin, Texas (the stronghold of the Texas state, and ironically the most socially liberal city in all of Texas, which also seats some of the most reactionary, regressive zealots in all the United States). I will now just think about how the Dems of my home state promised a lawsuit against the passing of one of the most restrictive anti-abortion (and anti-sex) bills in all the United States, and nothing happens. Just Planned Parenthood clinics closing, and nobody putting a stop to it. These men (and even a few women) who run this state all pass so many unjust laws and reject any bills and proposal remotely beneficial to our state in the name of Free-market Capitalism and in Jesus Christ's name always want their way, and nobody outside Texas gives a damn. No body wants to help us because everybody thinks we're a bunch of rednecks and hillbillies, all the negative stereotypes of the Bible Belt, which much is mostly true in the rural parts of these states, but what about the urban Texans, even urban Louisianans, Oklahomans, Arkansans, Mississippians, Alabamans, Georgians, Floridians and Tennesseans? The poor and alienated population of those states? Nobody fucking cares about them, and that's fucking bullshit.

/rant

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #1430 on: July 23, 2013, 06:33:16 pm »
Well about Oklahoma Madcat can vouch but everyone there is cuckoo.  Also the truth is in rural states they will have the power. 

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #1431 on: July 23, 2013, 08:45:16 pm »
^ The above image makes me sad and angry at the same time. In the backdrop is the capitol building of Austin, Texas (the stronghold of the Texas state, and ironically the most socially liberal city in all of Texas, which also seats some of the most reactionary, regressive zealots in all the United States). I will now just think about how the Dems of my home state promised a lawsuit against the passing of one of the most restrictive anti-abortion (and anti-sex) bills in all the United States, and nothing happens. Just Planned Parenthood clinics closing, and nobody putting a stop to it. These men (and even a few women) who run this state all pass so many unjust laws and reject any bills and proposal remotely beneficial to our state in the name of Free-market Capitalism and in Jesus Christ's name always want their way, and nobody outside Texas gives a damn. No body wants to help us because everybody thinks we're a bunch of rednecks and hillbillies, all the negative stereotypes of the Bible Belt, which much is mostly true in the rural parts of these states, but what about the urban Texans, even urban Louisianans, Oklahomans, Arkansans, Mississippians, Alabamans, Georgians, Floridians and Tennesseans? The poor and alienated population of those states? Nobody fucking cares about them, and that's fucking bullshit.

/rant
Get out while you still can!

...that's really about the best advice I have for the more civilized Texans.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #1432 on: July 23, 2013, 11:17:09 pm »
^ I would. But I don't have any money or a job or anything to support myself in the life outside of Dodge.

Guess I'm going to have to kill myself (not really).

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1433 on: July 25, 2013, 12:50:49 pm »

The sign on the right says (to the best of my knowledge): "I’m 17. The government says I don’t exist. Nazis say I should be killed. But I’m gonna live."

More from the protests in Russia: http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/photos-from-russia-everyone-needs-to-see

« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 11:25:43 pm by Booker DeWitt »

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #1434 on: August 12, 2013, 06:11:19 pm »
Well I was on Deviant Art and found a group dedicated to old school propaganda posters. I was hoping to find those funny fake ones done for thinks like Star Wars and whatever. Well there were a few of those, but the majority of it was real stuff, both good, bad, and somewhere in between. I'm gonna post the best I found here for your view pleasure. Link: http://propagandacenter.deviantart.com/

Warning, lots of large pictures.
(click to show/hide)

Here's a couple joke posters I found.
(click to show/hide)

I guess I'm a terrorist now for wanting to stockpile food and ammo, and buy a few more guns like AKs, Saiga 12s, FAL, AR-15, 870 shotgun, 1911, and more, and expand my already sizable knife collection. Hmm, now where'd I put that dang turban? What? It's what I do that interests me. Guess other hobbyists like train enthusiast also get labelled terrorists. Guess I should hide those train magazines too while I'm at it...

*raises knife above head and runs off doing this*

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6As8gwH4BU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6As8gwH4BU</a>
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #1435 on: August 12, 2013, 06:30:14 pm »

/rant

I know, change is hard. Stay strong honey. Remember, it will end. It will end! We outside of Texas do care. Also, Texas has a rapidly-rising Hispanic population & Hispanics these days tend to mostly vote Democratic. You fight will not be in vain.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1436 on: August 17, 2013, 02:43:13 pm »

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #1437 on: August 17, 2013, 07:28:06 pm »

Not that I really want to start another trans debate, but aren't one's genitalia a defining trait of their gender?
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #1438 on: August 17, 2013, 07:33:06 pm »
Not that I really want to start another trans debate, but aren't one's genitalia a defining trait of their gender?

Not necessarily.  As I have a dear friend that's actually intersex (in her case, she has breasts, a cock half the size of normal, one half-functioning ovary and a partially-formed womb), genitalia isn't always the best outward identifier.  A lot of folks hear her voice and assume male, but chromosomal structure actually landed her with what amounts to an XXY.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Auri-El

• Raxacoricofallapatorian
  • Pope
« Reply #1439 on: August 17, 2013, 08:24:28 pm »
Besides which, genitalia are a defining trait of one's sex, not gender. As I understand it, gender is primarily a mental/emotional aspect.