Author Topic: Awesome Protest Signs  (Read 606640 times)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
Re: Awesome Protest Signs
« Reply #1440 on: August 17, 2013, 09:32:44 pm »

Not that I really want to start another trans debate, but aren't one's genitalia a defining trait of their gender?

Sex, not gender. Don't confuse the two.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #1441 on: August 17, 2013, 10:51:27 pm »
Not that I really want to start another trans debate, but aren't one's genitalia a defining trait of their gender?

Not necessarily.  As I have a dear friend that's actually intersex (in her case, she has breasts, a cock half the size of normal, one half-functioning ovary and a partially-formed womb), genitalia isn't always the best outward identifier.  A lot of folks hear her voice and assume male, but chromosomal structure actually landed her with what amounts to an XXY.
Damn, genetics, you scary.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #1442 on: August 17, 2013, 10:59:17 pm »

Not necessarily.  As I have a dear friend that's actually intersex (in her case, she has breasts, a cock half the size of normal, one half-functioning ovary and a partially-formed womb), genitalia isn't always the best outward identifier.  A lot of folks hear her voice and assume male, but chromosomal structure actually landed her with what amounts to an XXY.

She's also a dear friend :3 I wouldn't trade her or her boyfriend for the world.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #1443 on: August 17, 2013, 11:00:57 pm »

She's also a dear friend :3 I wouldn't trade her or her boyfriend for the world.
Awww. My point is, Genetics: they can fuck up your life before you're even alive.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #1444 on: August 17, 2013, 11:34:30 pm »

Awww. My point is, Genetics: they can fuck up your life before you're even alive.

That, I will drink to for the end of my days.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #1445 on: August 18, 2013, 01:06:08 am »
There's a reason they call it the genetic lottery.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #1446 on: August 18, 2013, 11:49:26 pm »

This has been making the rounds on tumblr, and from what I understand, it's Benedict Cumberbatch.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #1447 on: August 19, 2013, 12:07:40 am »
Good on him, then. Hope lots of other celebs follow the example.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #1448 on: August 19, 2013, 12:28:35 am »

I guess I'm a terrorist now for wanting to stockpile food and ammo, and buy a few more guns like AKs, Saiga 12s, FAL, AR-15, 870 shotgun, 1911, and more, and expand my already sizable knife collection. Hmm, now where'd I put that dang turban? What? It's what I do that interests me. Guess other hobbyists like train enthusiast also get labelled terrorists. Guess I should hide those train magazines too while I'm at it...

Maybe not a terrorist, but definitely wasteful.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline lord gibbon

• The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #1449 on: August 19, 2013, 12:32:53 am »
How amusing that he thinks all terrorists are Muslim, AND that all Muslims wear turbans. I don't think I like him.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1450 on: August 25, 2013, 12:28:01 am »

Part of me feels bad that he had to trot out that sign from 50 years ago.

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #1451 on: August 25, 2013, 01:46:59 pm »

I guess I'm a terrorist now for wanting to stockpile food and ammo, and buy a few more guns like AKs, Saiga 12s, FAL, AR-15, 870 shotgun, 1911, and more, and expand my already sizable knife collection. Hmm, now where'd I put that dang turban? What? It's what I do that interests me. Guess other hobbyists like train enthusiast also get labelled terrorists. Guess I should hide those train magazines too while I'm at it...

Maybe not a terrorist, but definitely wasteful.

Wasteful how?

How amusing that he thinks all terrorists are Muslim, AND that all Muslims wear turbans. I don't think I like him.

Amusing how you think I was serious and not saying it sarcastically. The kind of people who would think I'm a terrorist would also probably think that all terrorists wear turbans.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline lord gibbon

• The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #1452 on: August 25, 2013, 04:21:15 pm »
Oh. Derp. For some reason I thought that was someone from outside being quoted. Sorry.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1453 on: August 26, 2013, 02:29:32 pm »

&

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1454 on: August 26, 2013, 02:47:35 pm »

That is the most beautiful thing I have seen today.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet