Author Topic: Awesome Protest Signs  (Read 606780 times)

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
Re: Awesome Protest Signs
« Reply #1455 on: August 26, 2013, 07:53:13 pm »

I guess I'm a terrorist now for wanting to stockpile food and ammo, and buy a few more guns like AKs, Saiga 12s, FAL, AR-15, 870 shotgun, 1911, and more, and expand my already sizable knife collection. Hmm, now where'd I put that dang turban? What? It's what I do that interests me. Guess other hobbyists like train enthusiast also get labelled terrorists. Guess I should hide those train magazines too while I'm at it...

Maybe not a terrorist, but definitely wasteful.

Wasteful how?

For what reason are you stockpiling food and ammunition?
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #1456 on: August 26, 2013, 08:00:05 pm »
Probably when people try and kill him for a stupid reason (he lives in hell)

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #1457 on: August 26, 2013, 08:34:01 pm »
Here because of text, not the picture.

I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #1458 on: August 26, 2013, 09:54:49 pm »

I guess I'm a terrorist now for wanting to stockpile food and ammo, and buy a few more guns like AKs, Saiga 12s, FAL, AR-15, 870 shotgun, 1911, and more, and expand my already sizable knife collection. Hmm, now where'd I put that dang turban? What? It's what I do that interests me. Guess other hobbyists like train enthusiast also get labelled terrorists. Guess I should hide those train magazines too while I'm at it...

Maybe not a terrorist, but definitely wasteful.

Wasteful how?

For what reason are you stockpiling food and ammunition?

I'm not stockpiling any right now, but I'd consider doing it in the future.

For food, it would be in case any number of bad things happens that would necessitate an emergency supply of food. I'm not saying keep a lot of food that can go bad quickly around, I mean freeze dried hiking food, MREs, and such that keep for several years.

For Ammo, I don't know if you know, but ammo prices have been going up about as crazily as gas prices. Not because of the recent freak-out some people have had, but because of the simple inflation of prices for things like brass, gunpowder, lead, etc. This means buying more now would allow me to not buy more later when prices are even higher.

If those answers aren't satisfactory, how 'bout zombie apocalypse?
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #1459 on: August 26, 2013, 10:09:56 pm »

That is the most beautiful thing I have seen today.

common courtesy humanity is beautiful now? what has this poor world come to?
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #1460 on: August 26, 2013, 10:36:57 pm »

Nothing. It's never been common. People have always been shit.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1461 on: August 26, 2013, 11:07:44 pm »

We're not in a post-rape culture society so... you tell me.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #1462 on: August 26, 2013, 11:45:50 pm »

I like it more for the fact that it's putting the responsibility where it should be, rather than warning women not to go to clubs or wear skimpy outfits.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #1463 on: August 26, 2013, 11:47:40 pm »

see shep, you bring up an interesting point. i've been having a sad for a few days coming from a huge feeling of helplessness at the world around me. that sign... i find it cute at best. it ain't gonna work. it's not even something because rapists dissociate themselves from their conduct or they revel in it. i'm saddened that i can't find a solution to the problem, but every cell in my body is screaming out to do something about the shit state of the world. what can i do? i'm just one metalhead in one tiny part of western europe. i've got a lot of pent-up anger waiting to be released in a righteous cause, but i can't think of how to bring that righteous cause about. bombs don't work. petitions don't work. mass protest doesn't work. i'd like to take a cluebat to every single bigot/homophobe/macho/rapist/what have you out there and screaming at them "you are a shame to the human race, now get your act together or get the fuck off  of the good people's planet". most of my friends don't see why i'm so jaded or bitter. i try and live my life as to better the world around me, but i'm just one guy getting discouraged fast. if anyone has the answer, i'm willing to listen.

ps: ok, the methods stated do work somewhat, but not radically or fast enough for my taste. i just want evil to end, period. head online and stop seeing all this hatred, atrocities, and animalistic behavior coming from the human race.

edit @ r.u. sirious: that's the problem. you think some rapist-wannabe will read that sign and think, "huh, better not rape no one today". i don't. that's the problem. it sounds too complacent, too "yes-man"-y... ok, i'm bitter. i'll be better tomorrow after some sleep.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 11:50:27 pm by Guizonde »

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #1464 on: August 27, 2013, 12:15:09 am »
Legally I can't say to be a serial killer going around eliminating them. So, don't be a serial killer going around eliminating them.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #1465 on: August 27, 2013, 01:46:55 am »
If those answers aren't satisfactory, how 'bout zombie apocalypse?

The coming zombie/raptor apocalypse is a legitimate reason to stock up on ammo and food. My apologies.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1466 on: August 27, 2013, 01:47:43 am »
Except the exact problem with rape culture is because of the lack of it being considered wrong and on the rapist, not the raped.

Which is exactly what the note was doing, putting it on the rapist for raping. Nobody forces you to rape someone.

I dunno man. I think a little more thought into the fact that with more people putting blame on the rapist and making it very well known that it isn't just a 'mistake' or a misunderstanding you'll see that things can change and we can have fewer cases of rape.

The problem is with the people who want to brush it under the rug. Not the people who put a spotlight on it.

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Lithp

• Official FSTDT Spokesman
  • The Beast
« Reply #1467 on: August 27, 2013, 03:08:44 am »
To build on what Shane said, "rape culture" isn't about the actual rapists per se so much as the environment that fosters them. The supposedly well-meaning bystanders. They are whom you want to target, because they can make it so that a rapist is more likely to be tried, convicted, & punished appropriately, & less stress is likely to be put on the victim. In some senses this is a ridiculously slow process, but in others we've come a long way in just a few decades.

It is vanishingly unlikely that every injustice will be ended in your lifetime, so don't look for that. Focus your attentions so that you don't get burnt out.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #1468 on: August 27, 2013, 09:24:32 am »
To build on what Shane said, "rape culture" isn't about the actual rapists per se so much as the environment that fosters them. The supposedly well-meaning bystanders. They are whom you want to target, because they can make it so that a rapist is more likely to be tried, convicted, & punished appropriately, & less stress is likely to be put on the victim. In some senses this is a ridiculously slow process, but in others we've come a long way in just a few decades.

It is vanishingly unlikely that every injustice will be ended in your lifetime, so don't look for that. Focus your attentions so that you don't get burnt out.
back after some sleep, and i reread my post. i maintain what i stated, but i was having a bit of a rizzo moment, there.
which is why i propose the triple effect: boost victim help (legal, psychological, medical), break the taboo (awareness, shocking if need be), and boost awareness to the general population. where i am, it's either taboo (don't speak bout it, it don't exist) or negation (it only happens to other people) or worse, victim blaming (wouldn't have happened if you weren't a slut). all three are wrong, and my university declined having this kind of awareness club, yet thankfully has a sex-ed club that offers contraception and std checks. "sex is fun, rape doesn't exist"... fuckin' hippies...

so yeah, i'm trying to not burn out, but even so, i'd like to do something, not even something big, but no answers. i won't burn out, even if i do get bitter about it sometimes.

@PHH: i have sworn a vow of pacifism that is sorely tried enough as it is without you reminding me that post-natal abortion exists, but i appreciate the sentiment.

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1469 on: August 27, 2013, 12:01:14 pm »

I'm not sure there's a way to move from the currency economy with it so widespread now but it's wishful thinking.

&