Author Topic: Awesome Protest Signs  (Read 606379 times)

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
Re: Awesome Protest Signs
« Reply #1485 on: August 28, 2013, 11:01:21 am »
Technically, we could also try communism again.

Otherwise money is pretty much needed in a society where people may work in a factory or space center rather than spend their days farming. (And you can't really use bartering with science related stuff. Unless you go like "give me food and my team will build the anti-meteor laser.")
Communism might work, but it requires devoting such an incredible amount of ressources to micro-managing every transaction in the community that applying it worldwide would be less than ideal. (Maybe by using AI once we get there, but for now, not really)

Yeah, communism only really works on a small scale.  Once you scale up past a million people or so, your society is too large for pure communism to ever work.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #1486 on: August 28, 2013, 05:10:20 pm »

Otherwise money is pretty much needed in a society where people may work in a factory or space center rather than spend their days farming. (And you can't really use bartering with science related stuff. Unless you go like "give me food and my team will build the anti-meteor laser.")
Communism might work, but it requires devoting such an incredible amount of ressources to micro-managing every transaction in the community that applying it worldwide would be less than ideal. (Maybe by using AI once we get there, but for now, not really)

Yeah, communism only really works on a small scale.  Once you scale up past a million people or so, your society is too large for pure communism to ever work.

I don't think it can scale well past a hundred people, and that's pushing it. The only scale I've ever seen it work on effectively is on the scale of immediate family or other people who you inhabit the same dwelling place with.

Even in small new-agey communities where they share everything, the person leading it is often taking more than their share.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #1487 on: August 28, 2013, 05:30:35 pm »

I don't think it can scale well past a hundred people, and that's pushing it. The only scale I've ever seen it work on effectively is on the scale of immediate family or other people who you inhabit the same dwelling place with.

Even in small new-agey communities where they share everything, the person leading it is often taking more than their share.

i dunno, i've got a lot of contacts with the vagrant gutter punk scene who say there are actual state sponsored anarchic villages in spain. it boils down to "help your neighbor, he'll help you out, and remember cookout at 1pm and 8 pm". it can work, just not on a worldwide scale, or anything bigger than a village, to be honest
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

wrightway

« Reply #1488 on: August 29, 2013, 12:07:26 pm »

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1489 on: August 30, 2013, 04:40:24 am »
Fuck yeah!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1490 on: August 30, 2013, 09:15:08 am »
(click to show/hide)

Workers got tired of being mistreated by the boss. Posted this sign and didn't come into work.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 03:27:45 am by Booker DeWitt »

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1491 on: August 31, 2013, 03:56:03 am »
Cancer is not an excuse? I suppose this boss won't allow time off even for your OWN funeral.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #1492 on: August 31, 2013, 08:31:46 am »
Cancer is not an excuse? I suppose this boss won't allow time off even for your OWN funeral.
Works em to the bone ^_^
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1493 on: August 31, 2013, 09:28:56 am »
Works em to the bone ^_^

You should whip yourself for such an abominable pun.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #1494 on: August 31, 2013, 10:37:19 am »
Works em to the bone ^_^

You should whip yourself for such an abominable pun.
What a snappy comeback.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".

Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #1495 on: September 02, 2013, 06:33:28 pm »
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Quasirodent

• Pope
  • You knew it in your heart all along.
« Reply #1496 on: September 04, 2013, 11:34:34 am »

I'm not sure there's a way to move from the currency economy with it so widespread now but it's wishful thinking.

In response to the sign - life is a struggle, survival necessitates effort.  Money is a physical representation of the work we put into our own survival.  In the past, we'd have paid for our lives with constant physical exertion - finding food, fleeing from predators, fighting for reproductive rights and territory... now we work and fear differently, and pay with slips of printed paper.
Jesus had two dads and he turned out okay.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1497 on: September 04, 2013, 11:44:38 pm »

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #1498 on: September 05, 2013, 12:00:58 am »
That's awesome.

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
« Reply #1499 on: September 05, 2013, 12:04:25 am »
(click to show/hide)

Workers got tired of being mistreated by the boss. Posted this sign and didn't come into work.
Looks like an update to this story
What is, is not; what is not, is.