Author Topic: Awesome Protest Signs  (Read 606814 times)

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: Awesome Protest Signs
« Reply #1590 on: January 08, 2014, 02:03:45 pm »
I found it. FN F2000, a bullpup assault rifle made in Belgium, renamed in the game as the SC 20K.

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/FN_F2000

So, it was not an MP, but maybe it's lowly hit power as the game had it was why I mis-remembered it being a machine pistol and not a rifle.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #1591 on: January 08, 2014, 02:09:39 pm »
I found it. FN F2000, a bullpup assault rifle made in Belgium, renamed in the game as the SC 20K.

Ha, so we were both wrong lol.

I probably should have known it was an AR.  Bullpups generally are (don't know of any bullpup SMG's), as the whole point of bullpups is having a smaller weapon than an AR witout sacrificing the range or power of an AR.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1592 on: January 08, 2014, 02:15:05 pm »
These same video game citers years ago held testimony in Congress where some idiot wank said kids were learning to become expert marksmen from playing FPS's....

Because physically mastering THIS thing below,

Totally trains you to use THIS other thing like a well-oiled killing machine! :o...

While you are absolutely correct on that, research however does state that video games help your mental acuity. They teach you how to see things other people might not. In essence, FPS games train you in hand-eye coordination as well as being able to pick your target out of a forest, as it were. I and a handful of my friends who play a lot of FPS games and then gone to the range have done better. If I had played video games within a week of going to the range, my accuracy was a lot better than if I had neglected to play my video games recently. That is not to say that it actually trains you how to handle the weapons. I already knew how to handle my pistol and rifle before hand. It was just my accuracy that got better. There is a reason that the US military has contracted various gaming developers to develop video games for training new troops as well as entice them to join up.

Playing puzzle games can work out the logic part of your brain. Tetris is linked to helping those with PTSD and depression.

Research has also shown that surgeons who played video games for x amount of time a month did better in the operating room than those surgeons who didn't play video games.

With all that said, we must continue to remember that correlation does not equal causation. It's just in this case there's a lot of correlation that becomes difficult to ignore.

I'm done with my useless knowledge, now.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #1593 on: January 08, 2014, 07:57:34 pm »

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #1594 on: January 09, 2014, 02:11:49 am »
Also I point out to reiterate that most FPS with the exception of maybe CS or Arma or Americas Army the guns are not realistic since for most gamers that would be frustrating

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #1595 on: January 09, 2014, 02:18:58 pm »
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #1596 on: January 09, 2014, 03:38:50 pm »

Gonna have to disagree with you on that.  In my opinion, abortion is, at best, a necessary evil.  However, I'm no fundie.  You're entitled to your opinion, and while I may disagree with it, I won't belittle you for having it.  I only ask that you do the same for me.

Oh, and by the way, I think it'd be better if next time you shrunk a picture so it'd fit better.

Offline Sixth Monarchist

• God
  • The spirit of 1776.
« Reply #1597 on: January 09, 2014, 03:41:43 pm »

"...but it does grow on bigger trees. Want lemons the size of footballs? Support our GM crop research."
Marvel reviews, "Last Movie You Watched", p. 75-76.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #1598 on: January 09, 2014, 03:44:20 pm »

"...but it does grow on bigger trees. Want lemons the size of footballs? Support our GM crop research."
*snickers*
Okay, that was pretty funny.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #1599 on: January 09, 2014, 11:30:56 pm »
*SNIP*

The brain getting trained to pick up motion better doesn't require the game be an FPS, or even have remotely human shaped objects.

A semi-related fact, the human eye naturally picks up on motion much more than colors. So if you're hiding in the woods, being still is more important than having high-tech HD camouflage. Vaguely related to that is the note that the reason deer hunters can wear those high visability orange vests and hats is because a deer's eye don't pick up the orange, but human eyes do.

Also I point out to reiterate that most FPS with the exception of maybe CS or Arma or Americas Army the guns are not realistic since for most gamers that would be frustrating

Ugh, I played the demo for an AA game once on the Xbox. It sucked so hard.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1600 on: January 10, 2014, 05:32:49 am »
I never said only FPS games. I was going along with the example provided. You could say the same thing about how making your character walk quieter doesn't always help in the fact that there is natural sound in the forest. So snapping a twig then suddenly stopping draws more attention than if you kept on walking like a deer would.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #1601 on: January 10, 2014, 08:44:14 am »

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #1602 on: January 10, 2014, 03:15:21 pm »
... I want that on a shirt.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #1603 on: January 10, 2014, 04:11:26 pm »
We're all spooky skellingtons on the inside.

QueenofHearts

« Reply #1604 on: January 10, 2014, 05:41:26 pm »
We're all spooky skellingtons on the inside.

I think they should just have two skeletons next to each other with the captions underneath

"Educated" and "eats his poo"
"Who are we to judge?"