Author Topic: Awesome Protest Signs  (Read 606407 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Awesome Protest Signs
« Reply #1755 on: February 09, 2014, 01:43:10 pm »

Regionalism seems to be one of the last acceptable bigotries in America.  Good on the writers of MLP for showing it to be wrong.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1756 on: February 09, 2014, 01:58:13 pm »
Just a warning for the future: Some people generally take offense to ponies being posted outside of their proper thread.  It's a sore spot due to the fact that when the brony phenomena was still new, every thread got de-railed into talking about ponies.

Though lately it seems that the people who would be offended have relaxed a bit about it, probably due to time and infrequency.  Still, best to avoid posting too many things like that outside of the pony thread.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #1757 on: February 09, 2014, 01:58:34 pm »
Just a warning for the future: Some people generally take offense to ponies being posted outside of their proper thread.  It's a sore spot due to the fact that when the brony phenomena was still new, every thread got de-railed into talking about ponies.

Though lately it seems that the people who would be offended have relaxed a bit about it, probably due to time and infrequency.  Still, best to avoid posting too many things like that outside of the pony thread.
Okay, thanks for the heads-up.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #1758 on: February 09, 2014, 02:18:15 pm »

I wish there was some sort of software that could unblock censored stuff. I'd LOVE to see a really gifted hacker use said program on the internet of China & other censor-happy nations.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #1759 on: February 09, 2014, 02:20:45 pm »

I wish there was some sort of software that could unblock censored stuff. I'd LOVE to see a really gifted hacker use said program on the internet of China & other censor-happy nations.
So would I.  Considering that China's got a large computer-literate population, I'm surprised it hasn't already happened. 

...Or maybe it has and we don't know about it yet.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 02:22:19 pm by Ultimate Paragon »

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #1760 on: February 09, 2014, 02:25:27 pm »

So would I.  Considering that China's got a large computer-literate population, I'm surprised it hasn't already happened. 

I see what you did there! :o

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #1761 on: February 09, 2014, 02:26:26 pm »

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #1762 on: February 09, 2014, 02:30:02 pm »

I'd argue that simplifying the tax code is not a "simple" process.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #1763 on: February 09, 2014, 02:30:32 pm »

I'd argue that simplifying the tax code is not a "simple" process.
It's got to be easier than disregarding basic biology.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #1764 on: February 09, 2014, 03:00:47 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Plenty of people in China know ways to proxy spoof and get to see the real internet, and the government censors come up with spybots and malware to counter, and then civilian Chinese nerds come up with other simple, user-friendly ways to bypass that, and it goes back and forth, ad nauseum.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #1765 on: February 09, 2014, 03:02:31 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Plenty of people in China know ways to proxy spoof and get to see the real internet, and the government censors come up with spybots and malware to counter, and then civilian Chinese nerds come up with other simple, user-friendly ways to bypass that, and it goes back and forth, ad nauseum.
I didn't know that.  Thanks for telling me.

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
« Reply #1766 on: February 09, 2014, 03:22:41 pm »
There is a documentary on Netflix and elsewhere called, 'High Tech Low Life" about two citizen journalists, bloggers, and how they get around the government to put there stuff where regular Chinese people can see it. Very enlightening and gives you a good idea at how very much people over there want freedom from government and industrial oppression, corruption and neglect.
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #1767 on: February 09, 2014, 03:30:17 pm »
There is a documentary on Netflix and elsewhere called, 'High Tech Low Life" about two citizen journalists, bloggers, and how they get around the government to put there stuff where regular Chinese people can see it. Very enlightening and gives you a good idea at how very much people over there want freedom from government and industrial oppression, corruption and neglect.
Maybe I'll check it out.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1768 on: February 09, 2014, 03:52:39 pm »
Aye, I'd think that such a thing, something that might get you sent to a work camp or worse, would want to be kept on the down-low and receive as little mainstream publicity as possible.  Improves the odds of certain people living to see tomorrow as free men and women.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
« Reply #1769 on: February 09, 2014, 05:32:46 pm »
But when it goes viral on weibo, it makes it harder for the government to disappear a blogger without a shitstorm starting. Just check out that docu film. Really interesting. Also, China now is not like PDK, nor quite as bad as it was under Mao.