Author Topic: Awesome Protest Signs  (Read 606882 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Awesome Protest Signs
« Reply #2145 on: June 17, 2014, 01:08:35 pm »

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #2146 on: June 18, 2014, 11:13:12 am »

EDIT:

The second one seems to be a joke rather than a real clipping but much of the point is decent (though the parts about women & the medicine man having sex all night gives it away as a joke with a different point. Also, the chief talks like a stereotype. He might as well be folding his arms like a cartoon genie, scowling & saying 'HOW!'. Gender relations in many Native tribes tended to be more egalitarian, too. Sure, there were task divisions based on sexes but women didn't do 'all the work'...then you have 'Two Spirits'....).

Oh! Wanna huggle doggie! Doggie got point. *huggles doggie*
In fact, in the early 20th Century, pit bulls were "kid's buddies". Buster Brown & Our Gang/The Little Rascals come to mind.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 11:16:38 am by SpukiKitty »

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #2147 on: June 18, 2014, 10:26:16 pm »

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2148 on: June 22, 2014, 08:33:58 pm »

Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2149 on: June 22, 2014, 08:36:59 pm »

That is one thing for which the Witnesses ought to get credit.  They always make their depictions of Jesus at least somewhat accurate.

Still not totally accurate, but at least it makes more sense than Jesus looking like a modern metalhead.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #2150 on: June 22, 2014, 08:49:40 pm »

That is one thing for which the Witnesses ought to get credit.  They always make their depictions of Jesus at least somewhat accurate.

Still not totally accurate, but at least it makes more sense than Jesus looking like a modern metalhead.

This is the first Witness depiction I've seen that looked like that. Most I've seen before were literal albinos...pale skin, red eyes, white hair, the works.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #2151 on: June 22, 2014, 11:39:12 pm »
There's another thing to consider when trying to figure out what Jesus really looked like: his physique.  Remember, Jesus was a carpenter in the days before power tools, so he probably would have been pretty toned.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #2152 on: June 22, 2014, 11:46:00 pm »
I've often thought that strong people in ye olden days would not look like today's strong people, because of a lack of protein in their diets. The d00ds in 300 shouldn't have looked like body-building machines, they should have looked like Kenyan runners. Cause they wanted endurance, not burst strength.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #2153 on: June 22, 2014, 11:48:22 pm »
I've often thought that strong people in ye olden days would not look like today's strong people, because of a lack of protein in their diets. The d00ds in 300 shouldn't have looked like body-building machines, they should have looked like Kenyan runners. Cause they wanted endurance, not burst strength.
Exactly.  That's why I said "toned".

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #2154 on: June 23, 2014, 12:51:13 am »

Touche. I overreacted.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #2155 on: June 23, 2014, 07:34:50 am »

Touche. I overreacted.
It's okay, buddy.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2156 on: June 23, 2014, 08:45:21 am »
So, basically, you wouldn't want to go into a boxing match against the Lord and Saviour?
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #2157 on: June 23, 2014, 01:56:27 pm »
So, basically, you wouldn't want to go into a boxing match against the Lord and Saviour?

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #2158 on: June 23, 2014, 02:34:16 pm »

I dunno, that whole "turn the other cheek" thing is probably a terrible boxing strategy.
Σא

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #2159 on: June 23, 2014, 02:53:38 pm »
I dunno, Jesus just might fuck you up after you've found you've brought fists to a sword fight.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen