Author Topic: Awesome Protest Signs  (Read 606480 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Awesome Protest Signs
« Reply #2220 on: July 23, 2014, 06:22:59 pm »

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #2221 on: July 25, 2014, 11:01:24 am »

Offline Lady Evil

• Bishop
« Reply #2222 on: July 25, 2014, 01:24:05 pm »
I might need some context for the above picture.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2223 on: July 25, 2014, 01:27:57 pm »

Detroit shut off water to over 100,000 people.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline mythbuster43

• Pope
    • Northwest View
« Reply #2224 on: July 25, 2014, 03:58:01 pm »

Detroit shut off water to over 100,000 people.

That's about 1/7th of the entire population of Detroit!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #2225 on: July 25, 2014, 06:57:43 pm »
And here's some more:

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2226 on: July 25, 2014, 08:35:18 pm »
I really find it hard to believe that that many people didn't pay their water bill.

Ironbite-any reason for the shut off?

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2227 on: July 25, 2014, 08:41:09 pm »
I really find it hard to believe that that many people didn't pay their water bill.

Ironbite-any reason for the shut off?

From what I've heard, it's because Detroit is wanting to switch over to a privatized company to handle the water.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #2228 on: July 26, 2014, 10:44:29 am »

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #2229 on: July 26, 2014, 12:05:44 pm »
On the bright side, the people are as mad as hell & they're not gonna take it anymore!

They should also demand a return of the motor industry. If the big names are too el cheapo to return then maybe some new blood like the guys like Tesla might set up shop, there.

After all, it IS "The MOTOR City"! Bring back those motors & bring new life to Motown!

There's got to be someway to come up with some sort of arrangement where both Americans & CEOs are happy.

And for CORRUPTCO's trying to kill stuff like Tesla Motors, has it ever occurred to these guys that it better to join than to fight?

I mean, a lot of the world's ills are due to greedy companies. They want money, and anything that may stifle that, like green energy, electric cars, etc. are often squashed.

It never occurs to CEOs that they could just switch to green energy instead of oil. Same for the military hardware companies making sure that there's always a war, switch to auto-making or computers! If Anheuser-Busch can become a furniture company during Prohibition, why can't EXXON, BP or whoever just go Green? LIKE DUH!

It's like they're evil psi-vampire aliens from R'yleth who literally subsist on human suffering! I'll bet the Koch Brothers true form is something like C'thulhu crossed with a Xenomorph dressed in "Old White Human Guy" suits. No wonder David Icke's weirdness gets such traction! That's the Reptilian's reputed main motive....human suffering energy food!

I just can't believe that rich guys that smart & cunning can't just become what they are fighting! "Cut Lex Luthor A Check" indeed!

If a company that makes beer can switch to making nice home furnishings when alcohol turns illegal, why can't the fossil fuel freaks get in on the Green energy trend.....and the "Military-Industrial Complex" get into non-military stuff?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 12:09:38 pm by SpukiKitty »

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2230 on: July 26, 2014, 09:09:47 pm »
I wish I could make an engine that runs on naivety.

Ironbite-I could plug you in and I'd be set for life

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #2231 on: July 27, 2014, 11:34:24 am »
Ibby, I know you can be a dick, but... for once, I'm in full agreement with you.  Damn, that's just... *boggles*
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #2232 on: July 27, 2014, 12:36:08 pm »
WHAT?! I just asked a legitimate question! No naivete at all! I just don't understand. If it's all about making lots of money why not just get into the same business you're against?! Why the needless war, pollution & destruction. You can't enjoy you're wealth, coke & whores if you live in a wasteland!

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #2233 on: July 27, 2014, 03:19:19 pm »
It never occurs to CEOs that they could just switch to green energy instead of oil. Same for the military hardware companies making sure that there's always a war, switch to auto-making or computers!

Alternatively, it does occur to them, and they decide that there's more money in oil than in green energy. Or that they have a comparative advantage in making military hardware rather than trying to compete with Microsoft.

It's like they're evil psi-vampire aliens from R'yleth who literally subsist on human suffering!

People rarely do evil because they are intrinsically evil and just enjoy drinking your tears. Is it so crazy to imagine that they might just not care too much about human suffering in one way or the other and they just want to make a lot of money?
Σא

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #2234 on: July 27, 2014, 03:30:32 pm »
WHAT?! I just asked a legitimate question! No naivete at all! I just don't understand. If it's all about making lots of money why not just get into the same business you're against?! Why the needless war, pollution & destruction. You can't enjoy you're wealth, coke & whores if you live in a wasteland!

Two reasons.
1. They still make MORE money this way.
2. (They think) the world won't be that bad until after they're dead, so, fuck you, got mine.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".