Author Topic: Awesome Protest Signs  (Read 606841 times)

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
Re: Awesome Protest Signs
« Reply #2250 on: July 31, 2014, 08:31:48 pm »
True. That said, I still believe in hope & humanity's better half.

But I agree with a "Devil's Advocate" for authority figures.

As for wee peons like ourselves, we need all the more we can get.

Also, I doubt the water protests will get the automotive companies back but it might start something.

I'm not sure but I'm hopeful.

Well, we'll vote the wingnuts out of office this Fall then PRESSURE them to to bring back manufacturing to America. They don't need to neglect India, China, etc. In fact, having more manufacturing in both the U.S. & those other countries would mean MORE money, wouldn't it? Why should it be "either or"?

There should be HUGE taxes for outsourcing. Or an amendment or act that states that if a company expands to other countries, they are not to close down the home branch! There must be some manufacturing here! If the CEOs are too el cheapo to pay the extra money for regulations & decent pay then they should be FORCED TOO!

We need an amendment to keep plants open here! I can't see why they can't just be open here & in other countries. More plants mean more money made!
Unfortunately, all too many in the current business class seem to be too focused on the short-term.  That, and the fact that they only care about lining their pockets.  Say what you will about the 19th Century robber barons, but at least they were genuinely invested in their businesses.  These guys, however, seem only concerned with enriching themselves as much as possible, and if their businesses collapse, they can just lazily drift to the ground on their golden parachutes.

Of course, not all businesspeople are like this.  Look at Warren Buffet, or W. Craig Jelinek.  But there seems to be a depressingly large number of businesspeople who took all the wrong lessons from Oliver Stone's Wall Street.

There needs to be a counter "Wall Street". One with a "Gordon Gecko" character who's uncool through & through and who fails miserably along with an "anti-Gecko" who's pure cool & is able to shrewdly surf the waves of the business world without being a psychopath.

I think the saying "Power Corrupts" is a poisonous saying that does more harm than good. It prevents good ethical people from seeking positions of wealth, power & influence.....things one needs in this day to make stuff happen. We need the enlightened on both "Powerful" & "Little Guy" fronts. However, people don't seek power, wealth & influence because they feel they will suddenly turn into pure evil. Frankly, for someone to be corrupted, they need to have had those tendencies deep within to begin with.

No, the saying SHOULD be "Power corrupts...but only if you let it".

And if the system won't change, start your own! I can't see why people can't start their own comic book/movie studio/music production company/etc. You'll be amazed what a bit of finesse, creativity, some software, the internet, fundraising, etc. can do.

Where there's a will, there's a way & traditional channel's aren't the only way to go.

The Digital/Cyber path is the future!

Most regressive are old & will die out soon.

Each generation is generally more progressive than the last.

This latest explosion of reactionaries will eventually die out....in fact it's a sign that progressivism is WORKING! It's like a medicated zit that explodes before it disappears. The backwards gunk is coming to a head so it can be wiped out.
I'm starting to think this explosion of regressivism is like a snake in its death throes.

Yeah. It's lashing out before it croaks....but it will croak!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #2251 on: August 01, 2014, 12:07:18 pm »

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #2252 on: August 04, 2014, 10:32:48 am »

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #2253 on: August 04, 2014, 09:04:28 pm »
Context?
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #2254 on: August 04, 2014, 09:10:26 pm »
Context?
It's about Detroit's water shutoffs.  Those affected are asking for help from others.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2255 on: August 05, 2014, 12:32:20 am »
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Sixth Monarchist

• God
  • The spirit of 1776.
« Reply #2256 on: August 07, 2014, 11:46:12 am »

Daddies can't cook without water either, although in fairness this may be adding needless complexity to the immediate argument.
Marvel reviews, "Last Movie You Watched", p. 75-76.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #2257 on: August 07, 2014, 12:45:38 pm »

Daddies can't cook without water either, although in fairness this may be adding needless complexity to the immediate argument.

Let's be fair, though. What she said is, by all rights, true. Mothers cannot cook without water. The fact that fathers also cannot cook without water is unrelated to her statement.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #2258 on: August 07, 2014, 02:11:14 pm »

Let's be fair, though. What she said is, by all rights, true. Mothers cannot cook without water. The fact that fathers also cannot cook without water is unrelated to her statement.
Exactly.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #2259 on: August 08, 2014, 12:49:28 pm »

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #2260 on: August 18, 2014, 03:58:20 pm »

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #2261 on: August 19, 2014, 03:12:18 pm »
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Lady Evil

• Bishop
« Reply #2262 on: August 20, 2014, 03:50:29 pm »
Wait, if the can's empty, it's not technically a can of Slurp Cola because there's no Slurp Cola in it.

I'm probably being to literal again.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #2263 on: August 20, 2014, 04:25:39 pm »
I was confused at the message, then I remembered it was Cataclysm, so nevermind...

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #2264 on: August 20, 2014, 06:58:05 pm »

You do get the fact that that Civil Protection guy can kill you if you don't pick up the fucking can, right?

Also, you're a dipshit.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 07:44:32 pm by Second Coming of Madman »
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.