Author Topic: Awesome Protest Signs  (Read 606769 times)

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
Re: Awesome Protest Signs
« Reply #375 on: May 17, 2012, 10:27:45 pm »
Let's see if this sign will be a little less controversial than the Amendment 1 I posted:

Spoiler: I doubt it.

The "I'm not here anymore" one gave me a sad.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #376 on: May 17, 2012, 11:13:16 pm »
Well... the suicides needed representing too.  Gave me a sad as well.

Offline e13

• The Beast
  • Fabulousity is at 100%!
« Reply #377 on: May 17, 2012, 11:25:56 pm »
Not a protest sign, but it's a pretty good statement.

...I'm pretty spiritual, and I like to see the positives in faith, but... this is a disturbingly accurate picture of how the Judeo-Christian God is spoken of. And it kind of chills me.

Just Having Some Tea, Hanging With My Friends...

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #378 on: May 17, 2012, 11:26:55 pm »
Let's see if this sign will be a little less controversial than the Amendment 1 I posted:

Spoiler: I doubt it.

I think that will get some people to oppose LGBT rights even more. Hopefully more people have empathy.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #379 on: May 18, 2012, 12:06:13 am »
One of my friends from school who was very homophobic back then just shared that image on Facebook.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #380 on: May 18, 2012, 12:55:05 am »
One of my friends from school who was very homophobic back then just shared that image on Facebook.

Are you sure there not trying to say they support the bad things that were done to these people? Is it really possible that someone was dragged, probably kicking and screaming all the way, out of stupidity, ignorance, and hatefulness?
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #381 on: May 18, 2012, 01:39:24 am »
The "I'm not here anymore" one gave me a sad.

Same. :(
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #382 on: May 18, 2012, 03:49:48 am »

Are you sure there not trying to say they support the bad things that were done to these people? Is it really possible that someone was dragged, probably kicking and screaming all the way, out of stupidity, ignorance, and hatefulness?

People can change. Many of us on here changed our world view.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #383 on: May 18, 2012, 04:34:54 am »

If God hates everyone and it's 'too late to pray' or otherwise make amends, what exactly does the WBC hope to achieve by protesting?  Are they just telling us for the sake of gloating?

Assuming a higher power of some kind exists, I have a hard time believing that a being capable of creating millions of planets and starts really gives a **** what two 'insects' on one of them is doing.

Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Quasirodent

• Pope
  • You knew it in your heart all along.
« Reply #384 on: May 18, 2012, 11:03:26 am »

If God hates everyone and it's 'too late to pray' or otherwise make amends, what exactly does the WBC hope to achieve by protesting?  Are they just telling us for the sake of gloating?

Assuming a higher power of some kind exists, I have a hard time believing that a being capable of creating millions of planets and starts really gives a **** what two 'insects' on one of them is doing.

Well so do I, but this is what the WBC seem to believe, and I want to know what they're trying to make happen if it's too late to change their God's decision?  Protestors tend to have a cause - they want someone to do something.  What does the WBC want us to do?
Jesus had two dads and he turned out okay.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #385 on: May 18, 2012, 12:41:22 pm »

Well so do I, but this is what the WBC seem to believe, and I want to know what they're trying to make happen if it's too late to change their God's decision?  Protestors tend to have a cause - they want someone to do something.  What does the WBC want us to do?
Pay attention seriously it is best to ignore them cause reall ythe church is tiny and insigificant

Offline Kristine

• The Beast
« Reply #386 on: May 18, 2012, 10:49:06 pm »

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #387 on: May 19, 2012, 01:43:25 am »
Not a protest sign, but it's a pretty good statement.

...I'm pretty spiritual, and I like to see the positives in faith, but... this is a disturbingly accurate picture of how the Judeo-Christian God is spoken of. And it kind of chills me.

Yeah...the Bible's pretty fucking chilling.  The Bronze Age was a brutal fucking time, at least now we're dignified.  We use artillery!
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #388 on: May 19, 2012, 02:38:06 am »

I kind of want to put that up on my wall.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #389 on: May 19, 2012, 09:16:32 am »
Damn. I just got off a youtube video of a squirrel eating a lemon. And that put me in a certain frame of mind. Because of that frame of mind I am now associating Natuarlly that put the Nom Nom Nom song with cunnilingus. Way to go, Internet.

I bet a video of that already exists, too.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 09:55:51 am by N. De Plume »
-A Pen Name