Author Topic: Awesome Protest Signs  (Read 606624 times)

Offline Kristine

• The Beast
Re: Awesome Protest Signs
« Reply #690 on: August 18, 2012, 02:05:52 pm »
And yet, my Tea Partier supervisor says basically the same thing about liberals. I'm not saying it's true, just that it's what both sides think, so without any partisan context, that bumper sticker can be taken either way.
But does you supervisor have any proof of liberals saying it?  or implying it? or ????

Distind

« Reply #691 on: August 18, 2012, 02:54:59 pm »
And yet, my Tea Partier supervisor says basically the same thing about liberals. I'm not saying it's true, just that it's what both sides think, so without any partisan context, that bumper sticker can be taken either way.
But does you supervisor have any proof of liberals saying it?  or implying it? or ????
It's "They don't agree with me, they must not be thinking" you can see it alot in places. Like go ask about why people are atheists over on CARM odds are it'll be one of the first responses.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline booley

• Pope
  • Grand High Viceroy of the Eastern Expanses
« Reply #693 on: August 18, 2012, 04:23:47 pm »
“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”
The Doctor

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #694 on: August 18, 2012, 04:54:20 pm »
http://jewishatheist.tumblr.com/post/29206046852/giraffe-weddings

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdVW1Lm2MH0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdVW1Lm2MH0</a>

Offline Kristine

• The Beast
« Reply #695 on: August 19, 2012, 03:52:18 am »

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #696 on: August 19, 2012, 11:07:12 am »

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #697 on: August 19, 2012, 03:26:52 pm »

Anyone want to predict which state's next?  I'm hoping FL is soon, especially considering how close the vote was last time.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline FirsthandTuna

• Pope
« Reply #698 on: August 19, 2012, 03:34:31 pm »

Anyone want to predict which state's next?  I'm hoping FL is soon, especially considering how close the vote was last time.

Washington, since it's up for vote in November.
"Fraudulent ONEness of religious academia has retarded your opposite rationale brain to a half brain slave." - The Wisest Man Who Ever Lived

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #699 on: August 19, 2012, 11:12:38 pm »

Washington, since it's up for vote in November.
That would be an enormous moral victory for the gay rights movement.  Gay marriage has failed every single time that it has come up for a direct vote in the United States, even in progressive states like Hawaii and California.  It has only ever been legalized through court rulings and legislative action.

The polls seem to indicate that Washington is going to do it, too.
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline FirsthandTuna

• Pope
« Reply #700 on: August 20, 2012, 12:12:53 pm »
That would be an enormous moral victory for the gay rights movement.  Gay marriage has failed every single time that it has come up for a direct vote in the United States, even in progressive states like Hawaii and California.  It has only ever been legalized through court rulings and legislative action.

The polls seem to indicate that Washington is going to do it, too.

It seems somewhere there should be a law that prohibits voting on minority rights.

But then people opposed to same-sex marriage will just say it's not a rights issue, like they tend to do.
"Fraudulent ONEness of religious academia has retarded your opposite rationale brain to a half brain slave." - The Wisest Man Who Ever Lived

Distind

« Reply #701 on: August 20, 2012, 12:15:30 pm »
It seems somewhere there should be a law that prohibits voting on minority rights.

But then people opposed to same-sex marriage will just say it's not a rights issue, like they tend to do.
Which is pretty much why it's been decided by the courts, they have the authority to point out that voting on the rights of a minority isn't constitutional. So every time some state passes a law to ban it, they open the issue up to the courts.

Offline VirtualStranger

• Blinded with Science
  • The Beast
« Reply #702 on: August 20, 2012, 03:12:19 pm »
The Prop 8 trial will most likely reach the Supreme Court around summer of next year, which means that if we're lucky, the SCOTUS will rule it unconstitutional and their decision will be affective across the entire country.

http://www.prop8trialtracker.com/2011/11/23/where-things-stand-with-the-prop-8-trial/

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #703 on: August 20, 2012, 03:27:09 pm »
The Prop 8 trial will most likely reach the Supreme Court around summer of next year, which means that if we're lucky, the SCOTUS will rule it unconstitutional and their decision will be affective across the entire country.

http://www.prop8trialtracker.com/2011/11/23/where-things-stand-with-the-prop-8-trial/

And what if they rule that it is constitutional?
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #704 on: August 20, 2012, 03:30:00 pm »
Then LBGTQs are FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!