Author Topic: Anything Good Happen Today?  (Read 827821 times)

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
Re: Anything Good Happen Today?
« Reply #4545 on: September 22, 2019, 10:33:16 pm »
I had chili yesterday. Mixed the regular canned stuff with habanero garlic sauce bought locally and then also salsa and sriracha and a little tapatio for good measure.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4546 on: September 29, 2019, 08:13:15 pm »
Whelp, turned 30 yesterday.  Went to a mall down in Richmond for a few hours, ate an enormous fucking steak (I didn't even notice it til Sleepface pointed out that it was listed as 22oz) at a nearby steakhouse and bought myself a bottle of some nice, if extremely hairy Japanese whisky.  Plus, I got a bamboo steamer (so I can finally try to make baozi), a nice bench scraper, a fucking huge dough rolling mat (great since we got granite counters and I've been improvising when working dough), a little shortwave radio (think I picked up transmissions from Spain), some new shoes, a French press that can hold all the coffee I need to survive, and mom basically bought me the stuff to make a fucking steak dinner, and I've got some more comin' in, later this week.

I have decided to try my hand at pickling with the asparagus mom got me; only part I didn't really like was being fuckin' gassed by the boiling pickling solution.  That shit hurts about as bad as slicing shallots.

Its a damn shame I have to return to work, tomorrow.  I want more time to play with my stuff and eat some of my very first homemade pickles, damn it!
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4547 on: October 26, 2019, 08:08:28 pm »
I made some fucking epic buttermilk pancakes.  Put two pods of vanilla in 'em alongside a half pack of mini semi-sweet chocolate chips and a fistful of blueberries.

One word: FUCK.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4548 on: October 26, 2019, 09:23:07 pm »
Went to TFCon, got to hang with an old friend I haven't seen in a loooooooooooong time.

Ironbite-so much fun.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4549 on: October 27, 2019, 09:16:38 am »
It was Queen, wasn't it?

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4550 on: October 27, 2019, 05:17:28 pm »
I wish.  No this was my friend Oasis from a female centric Transformers message board that I belong to WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY back in the day.  Was fun.  Basically, I went to TFCon and had a blast.

Ironbite-and got to see quite a few voice actors who basically shaped my childhood.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4551 on: November 03, 2019, 05:25:02 pm »
Holy crap.  Just made some epic pancakes.  Added 2 tablespoons of Dutch red cocoa powder, a teaspoon of instant espresso, some vanilla sugar...and a cup of cut-up, pitted cherries and some lemon zest.  Seems insane, but the zest actually helped cut through all the richness and sweetness.  Breakfast tomorrow's gonna be good.

Offline Rime

• Pope
  • Born too slow
« Reply #4552 on: November 03, 2019, 09:10:26 pm »
I can post?  After so long of being kicked around by the forum software, it's neat to be able to say "hi." 
And when we're done soul searching,
And we carry the weight and die for a cause.
Is misery made beautiful
Right before our eyes.

Mercy be revealed, or blind us where we stand?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4553 on: November 04, 2019, 06:00:43 pm »
Greet!

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #4554 on: November 05, 2019, 01:46:55 am »
I finished up my ballot! It's all local stuff so I had to search for specific information on it which was harder than national stuff. I feel content though.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4555 on: November 11, 2019, 07:40:30 pm »
At long last, I have my badass gaming laptop: an Asus ROG G703GX, loaded with plenty of RAM and a pretty, pretty RTX 2080.  For such a beautiful, powerful machine, there could only be one fitting name: the Enterprise-E.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #4556 on: November 11, 2019, 10:13:25 pm »
I just feel happy today. It's been a little more than 200 days since I started HRT and most things are all good for me.

Offline Bodieson

• Neonate
« Reply #4557 on: December 09, 2019, 07:28:01 am »
At long last, I have my badass gaming laptop: an Asus ROG G703GX, loaded with plenty of RAM and a pretty, pretty RTX 2080.  For such a beautiful, powerful machine, there could only be one fitting name: the Enterprise-E.

That's a powerful machine right there. I suggest trying Red Dead Redemption 2. It looks beautiful on PC.

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
« Reply #4558 on: December 18, 2019, 07:09:56 am »
Got my blanket a little over a quarter of the way done, it's made from my handspun yarn. The wool is not dyed so it'll just be a plain white one. This will make room in my spun yarns bin.
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4559 on: January 09, 2020, 09:44:25 pm »
Past week or two, I've been having the occasional call with my uncle.  Before then, the last I'd heard about him was that he was spiraling hard into opiate abuse; according to my brother, the last time he saw him in person, he looked like a skeleton with skin draped over it.

Come to find out, he OD'd a week or two before Christmas and died at one point before being resuscitated.  He also found out at the same time (because they ran a standard battery of blood tests and such when he was admitted) that he had prostate cancer.  From what he told me, it kinda caused him to rethink a lot of his life.  Like how he'd pushed away my family when he put a stop to an attempt by my mom and dad to try to get him to admit he needed help by telling my grandmother, who proceeded to kick out my parents from her house and told them to never come back.  According to him, he's come to regret that decision immensely, especially now that he...can't really apologize to my dad, anymore.  He's also apparently managed to kick his addiction during his treatment and is doing his damndest to stay clean of everything, even going so far as to quit smoking.

I'm...skeptical, because this has happened before, but I am hopeful.  He might not be able to reconnect fully with my family, but I'd like to think I've kinda laid the groundwork for him to at least apologize for what he did.

In more positive news, this past weekend, he received the results of his most recent tests and he tested negative for cancer, which is extremely good.  They're still going to give him treatment (he chose chemo so he didn't have to spend several hours at a time getting directed radiation in unpleasant places) to make sure its fully gone, but as it stands, he seems to have survived his ordeal and come out better for it.  I'll, again, remain skeptical, but supportive.  I do want him to be able to actually kick his addictions once and for all because I know he's not a bad person, inside.  He's just had a lot of daemons he had to deal with and been down a cycle of addiction to numerous substances that started wayyy back when he was a teenager and his dad got him a bottle of Jim Beam for his 16th birthday.

I want him to get better, and if I can help him do it, I sure as hell will.

(Bonus points: he told me he thinks Trump is, quote, "a fucking dumbass," so at least I know his head's screwed on halfway right!)