Author Topic: Best Political Cartoons  (Read 1599671 times)

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
Re: Best Political Cartoons
« Reply #6360 on: July 25, 2021, 06:41:52 pm »
That is so brilliant in so many ways.

The whole point of the windmills which Don Quixote was tilting at was that they weren't really a threat, so China, Censorship, Twitter, Facebook and Google aren't threats and Free Speech protection is deluded.

But how the fuck does a windmill run. The windmills picked up Don Quixote in the story and brained him. Presumably trump is safe from braining.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #6361 on: July 25, 2021, 07:25:03 pm »
It's not even the only time Garrison's done that either

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #6362 on: July 25, 2021, 10:27:04 pm »
Here's Garrison's response:

Who Knew the Left would Lose their minds over a “cartoon”

He who laughs last..laughs best

Apparently nobody read my post about Trump charging a windmill. They said I didn’t understand the Don Quixote metaphor. In my post I explained I did indeed understand it, but as an artist I’m free to take liberties with any metaphor I like.

This is the part where Ben speaks slowly so the mentally challenged Left can understand:

Trump was riding a strong steed and carried a lawsuit lance. He had the social media windmill on the chase.

Not exactly what Cervantes wrote, eh? No need to apologize to him since he’s been dead for centuries.

People knew I was bending the metaphor to communicate a point but they didn’t care.

They just used it as an excuse to attack Trump and his supporters. That’s their prerogative. That’s what they do.

Help us expose the Big Tech’s Censorship of Americans, every dollar helps keep GrrrGraphics online, we are totally funded by YOU! Click to donate today

For my next cartoon I will show Trump defeating the great white whale. Just kidding.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6363 on: July 26, 2021, 01:37:11 am »
So again, Garrison is a moron with delusions of grandieur.

When you bend a well known metaphor like that, you should know that people will not understand what you mean with it. Especially since your "I am totally doing this intentionally" explanation was separate from the cartoon and thus most people did not see it.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #6364 on: July 26, 2021, 03:32:29 am »
Of course it's not surprising in any sense of the word that Garrison is corncobbing over this. I don't believe for a second that he was missing the point intentionally. There's creative liberties and then there's reading something as literally the exact opposite of what the thing is saying.
Who needs a signature?

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #6365 on: July 30, 2021, 01:48:08 am »
I guess Garrison knows what tossing salad refers to as well:

(click to show/hide)

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #6366 on: July 31, 2021, 08:54:40 pm »
I find it pretty uncomfortable, albeit unsurprising, that the right has taken Biden's occasional misspeaks, which are generally caused by his stutter, as "proof" that he's got dementia. At least the armchair diagnoses died down for the most part from the Twitter Roses.
Who needs a signature?

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #6367 on: August 01, 2021, 11:08:29 am »
There's also the rank hypocrisy of it considering they ignore the various signs that MANY things are wrong with Donald Trump.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #6368 on: August 01, 2021, 09:53:05 pm »
I was thinking more of the insinuation of latent homosexuality, which is emphasised by his leg being raised behind him. Especially funny given trumps obsession with big burly tough guys.

(click to show/hide)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #6369 on: September 05, 2021, 12:19:27 pm »
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6370 on: September 28, 2021, 08:46:58 pm »
Ben Garrison does not understand idioms.  Ben Garrison does not understand very much at all.  Ben Garrison does however have Covid  :D

https://gizmodo.com/anti-vaccine-cartoonist-ben-garrison-says-hes-got-covid-1847749901

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6371 on: October 07, 2021, 04:05:36 am »
"It was to be expected that he would get sick. Covid-19 didn't walk up to him with a giant label on it."
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #6372 on: May 08, 2022, 07:22:34 pm »

This is brilliant, although it raises many questions -for instance why is the blue fairy (presumably democratic have a MAGA wand) although I am impressed by the restraint in not depicting the blue fairy as a trans woman)

« Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 12:29:28 am by davedan »

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #6373 on: May 19, 2022, 06:49:27 am »
maybe she has a maga wand because he cant go one comic without making a donald trump reference. our man benjamin is obsessed with the dude from the apprentice.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #6374 on: June 07, 2022, 07:53:13 pm »