Rubbish > Preaching and Worship

"Pray to End Abortion"

(1/4) > >>

Shane for Wax:
I was gonna post this in petty prayers but figured it could use a different spot. I also don't know if this goes in Religion and Philosophy.

I saw this bumper sticker that simply said "Pray For the End to Abortion" on it on a van that seemed to be owned by some sort of work place, like for cable or something. They also had a sticker for the local Christian radio station.

I don't know why but it just... stuck with me.

Why would you pray for this? In a way you're praying for the mother to die with the child, too since you're asking for an end to abortion. Not to mention the complications that come about from rape cases and everything else.

I just think it's really sick to 'pray for an end to abortion'.

Eniliad:
Well obviously, the solution is to not get preggers in the first place! You knew the risks of having sex, or you wore skimpy clothes, or you were otherwise a whore in the eyes of God. Stop being so selfish and try to spare your own life instead of the babies'! What kind of monster are you?

Ugh, that hurt to type.

The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist:
I'd be fine with them praying to end of abortion in lieu of actually trying to pass legislation banning or limiting access to it, even with the disturbing implications.

Vypernight:
I want a bumper sticker that says, "Pray to end stupidity!"

TheL:

--- Quote from: Vypernight on February 14, 2012, 05:37:04 am ---I want a bumper sticker that says, "Pray to end stupidity!"

--- End quote ---

I prefer: "Jesus, please protect me from your followers."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version