Rubbish > Preaching and Worship

More proof that Christianity is true.

<< < (2/2)

Eiki-mun:

--- Quote from: Jacob Harrison on November 09, 2018, 08:03:54 am ---
--- Quote from: Tolpuddle Martyr on November 09, 2018, 08:02:20 am ---
--- Quote from: Jacob Harrison on November 09, 2018, 07:40:46 am ---Today at college, the elevator opened and nobody was there. That proves that God had the elevator door open so that I could make a post about it to convert you guys to Christianity.

--- End quote ---
It smells of oak and vinegar in here.

Must be the bottom of the barrel.

--- End quote ---

How do you explain how the elevator door opened if nobody was there?

--- End quote ---

I'm gonna let you in on a little secret. We don't have to explain anything. We aren't here to prove or disprove anything, you are. The onus is on you to prove your claims to those who don't believe you. You need to structure your arguments so that they would convince non-believers, which by the way means you can't use evidence from sources that said non-believers don't believe in. However, since you do believe in said sources (I'm talking about the Bible), they can use evidence in said sources that goes against your argument against you. It's mean and one-sided and kind of unfair, but as Christian conservatives are so fond of saying, life isn't fair.

Jacob Harrison:

--- Quote from: Eiki-mun on November 10, 2018, 05:02:13 pm ---
--- Quote from: Jacob Harrison on November 09, 2018, 08:03:54 am ---
--- Quote from: Tolpuddle Martyr on November 09, 2018, 08:02:20 am ---
--- Quote from: Jacob Harrison on November 09, 2018, 07:40:46 am ---Today at college, the elevator opened and nobody was there. That proves that God had the elevator door open so that I could make a post about it to convert you guys to Christianity.

--- End quote ---
It smells of oak and vinegar in here.

Must be the bottom of the barrel.

--- End quote ---

How do you explain how the elevator door opened if nobody was there?

--- End quote ---

I'm gonna let you in on a little secret. We don't have to explain anything. We aren't here to prove or disprove anything, you are. The onus is on you to prove your claims to those who don't believe you. You need to structure your arguments so that they would convince non-believers, which by the way means you can't use evidence from sources that said non-believers don't believe in. However, since you do believe in said sources (I'm talking about the Bible), they can use evidence in said sources that goes against your argument against you. It's mean and one-sided and kind of unfair, but as Christian conservatives are so fond of saying, life isn't fair.

--- End quote ---

I agree that the burden of proof is on me. But when I do give proof with valid evidence and from good sources, there needs to be explanations on why the proof is not valid in order for the proof to be refuted.

Tolpuddle Martyr:
A person not querying claims in the way you want does not render your claims valid or true. The onus is on you!

Jacob Harrison:

--- Quote from: Tolpuddle Martyr on November 10, 2018, 08:14:22 pm ---A person not querying claims in the way you want does not render your claims valid or true. The onus is on you!

--- End quote ---

True. But you still need to explain why you still don’t believe in spite of the proof shown.

Tolpuddle Martyr:

--- Quote from: Jacob Harrison on November 10, 2018, 08:28:37 pm ---
--- Quote from: Tolpuddle Martyr on November 10, 2018, 08:14:22 pm ---A person not querying claims in the way you want does not render your claims valid or true. The onus is on you!

--- End quote ---

True. But you still need to explain why you still don’t believe in spite of the proof shown.

--- End quote ---
No I don't. I owe you squat!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version