Community > Politics and Government

Is China hiding its real numbers?

(1/2) > >>

Vanto:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-01/china-concealed-extent-of-virus-outbreak-u-s-intelligence-says

Quite frankly, I'm inclined to believe so. I certainly wouldn't put it past the Chinese government to downplay the extent of the outbreak, considering the rest of their Wuhan coronavirus-related conduct. They may not have engineered the virus like some people are claiming, but they should still be condemned. Let's count the ways:

-Failing to crack down on wildlife markets after the SARS and bird flu outbreaks
-Trying to cover up the initial outbreak and persecuting whistleblowers.
-Insisting that the virus couldn't spread from human to human.
-Trying to dodge accountability with unfounded claims and even outright conspiracy theories.
-Sending afflicted countries equipment that's faulty, or worse yet, contaminated with the virus.

This is all just off the top of my head. Why should anyone trust Xi and his cronies after all that?

By the way, sorry I wasn't active here in a while. I was doing a lot of volunteer work to help virus-stricken places.

Id82:
I don't trust anything a dictator or dictator wannabe says.

DarkPhoenix:
Maybe, but it's irrelevant at this point.  We have data from countries that aren't China.

ironbite:
Yeah China's been lying from the get go in order to not have the world go into super panic mode.  Any number of deaths they report has to have a massive asterisk put on it.  Cause as bad as the US response has been, China's has probably been worse.

Ironbite-wouldn't be surprised if their death toll is in the millions right now.

SCarpelan:

--- Quote from: ironbite on April 04, 2020, 08:31:04 am ---Yeah China's been lying from the get go in order to not have the world go into super panic mode.  Any number of deaths they report has to have a massive asterisk put on it.  Cause as bad as the US response has been, China's has probably been worse.

Ironbite-wouldn't be surprised if their death toll is in the millions right now.

--- End quote ---
Nah. China took real action when they finally realised the seriousness of the situation - not because of any altruistic motivation but out of self-preservation. While the delay cost unnecessary lives when the system decided it had to take real action the authoritarian response has been fast and efficient. While you can't trust their official death toll US will probably suffer much worse than China based on how incompetent Trump administration's response has been and how badly the system is prepared for an event like this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version