Author Topic: A religious mental breakdown  (Read 3209 times)

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
  • The person who discovered England's true monarch
A religious mental breakdown
« on: November 18, 2018, 09:04:52 pm »
Today at church I asked my priest about the Galileo controversy and Papal Infallibility and he told be to look at certain Catholic websites about it. I did research on the William W Roberts’ book “The Pontifical Decrees Against The Doctrine Of The Earth's Movement” and found a huge thread about the book on Catholic Answers where some poster debates a bunch of Catholics on whether Papal infallibility was used in regards to Heliocentrism.

https://forums.catholic.com/t/heilocentrism-infallibly-condemned/50472

I found so many arguments for both sides that I am overwhelmed and do not know which side is right. I therefore do not know whether Papal Infallibility is true or not. And as I said before, Papal Infallibility affects who the true heir to the throne of England is in this universe and also affects King Michael’s lineage in Parallel Hero.

I AM THEREFORE HAVING A RELIGIOUS MENTAL BREAKDOWN!

Art Vandelay

Re: A religious mental breakdown
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2018, 09:17:50 pm »
Surprise, surprise, religion is a load of make-believe bullshit. It's what we've been saying from the very beginning, and it's good to see that you're finally figuring it out. Now, you just need to figure out that democracy is superiour in every way to absolute monarchy and you'll be ready to join the rest of us here in the 21st century.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2018, 06:50:34 am »
Surprise, surprise, religion is a load of make-believe bullshit. It's what we've been saying from the very beginning, and it's good to see that you're finally figuring it out. Now, you just need to figure out that democracy is superiour in every way to absolute monarchy and you'll be ready to join the rest of us here in the 21st century.

But as I said in this post, I am in a state of not being sure whether Papal Infallibility is true or not, because I am overwhelmed with the information from the book The Pontifical Decrees Against The Doctrine Of The Earth’s Movement as well as the huge thread on Catholic Answers.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2018, 06:55:53 am »

But as I said in this post, I am in a state of not being sure whether Papal Infallibility is true or not, because I am overwhelmed with the information from the book The Pontifical Decrees Against The Doctrine Of The Earth’s Movement as well as the huge thread on Catholic Answers.

Good rule of thumb for this sort of situation. If there is any reasonable doubt whatsoever that someome or something is infallible, it's a good sign that he or she or it is most definitely is not.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2018, 07:34:34 am »

Good rule of thumb for this sort of situation. If there is any reasonable doubt whatsoever that someome or something is infallible, it's a good sign that he or she or it is most definitely is not.

But in this situation, many people made reasonable arguments why the Galileo controversy does not disprove Papal Infallibility. That is a possible sign that the person arguing against Papal Infallibility is wrong. I am overwhelmed by the book about it and the huge thread with arguments made on both sides.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2018, 07:36:31 am »
If you say so. I'm sure you'll let everyone know when you reach a conclusion on the matter.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2018, 10:31:38 am »
I found a comment made by a Catholic on the issue.

Simlarly, according the 1909 Catholic Encyclopedia (which also carries the Imprimatur of the Catholic Church)…It should be observed in conclusion that papal infallibility is a personal and incommunicable charisma, which is not shared by any pontifical tribunal. It was promised directly to Peter, and to each of Peter’s successors in the primacy, but not as a prerogative the exercise of which could be delegated to others. Hence doctrinal decisions or instructions issued by the Roman congregations, even when approved by the pope in the ordinary way, have no claim to be considered infallible. To be infallible they must be issued by the pope himself in his own name

Hence, the condemnation of Galileo was not infallible. I therefore converted back to Catholicism.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2018, 01:43:52 pm »
What evidence in favor of the Pope's infallibility is there?  As far as I know it's a handful of statements that are impossible to verify.  Nothing very convincing. 

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2018, 02:40:52 pm »
What evidence in favor of the Pope's infallibility is there?  As far as I know it's a handful of statements that are impossible to verify.  Nothing very convincing.

Pope Sixtus V’s death is evidence. He was struck dead by God before he could teach error. There is no evidence he was poisoned. https://forums.catholic.com/t/pope-struck-dead-before-teaching-error/89446

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2018, 04:29:33 pm »
Today at church I asked my priest about the Galileo controversy and Papal Infallibility and he told be to look at certain Catholic websites about it. I did research on the William W Roberts’ book “The Pontifical Decrees Against The Doctrine Of The Earth's Movement” and found a huge thread about the book on Catholic Answers where some poster debates a bunch of Catholics on whether Papal infallibility was used in regards to Heliocentrism.

https://forums.catholic.com/t/heilocentrism-infallibly-condemned/50472

I found so many arguments for both sides that I am overwhelmed and do not know which side is right. I therefore do not know whether Papal Infallibility is true or not. And as I said before, Papal Infallibility affects who the true heir to the throne of England is in this universe and also affects King Michael’s lineage in Parallel Hero.

I AM THEREFORE HAVING A RELIGIOUS MENTAL BREAKDOWN!
But you were always the picture of perfect mental health!