Author Topic: Jezebel Sinks Even Lower  (Read 8004 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Jezebel Sinks Even Lower
« on: April 24, 2015, 04:09:08 pm »
https://archive.is/PP4Dl

Posting Amy Pascal's private Amazon orders, and making fun of her private feminine hygiene products?  I thought those hypocritical radfems were already at rock bottom, but now they've somehow managed to fall even farther!

Any other site and it would be a prime example of how sexist and misogynistic they are.  But not us, it's totes cool when we do it.

Maybe somebody should point out what happened to this rag's biblical namesake.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: Jezebel Sinks Even Lower
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 08:45:14 pm »
Oh, for fucks sake. Since when is anybody in, on, or reading bloody JEZEBEL a "radfem"? It's a gossip 'zine, dude. They have always tried way the fuck too hard to imitate "edgy", as "edgy" as a bunch of middle aged cubicle harpies writing for other middle aged cubicle dronettes can conceive, anyway...hence the lurid style and tasteless content of the article. Which is actually a typical example of JEZEBEL humor - "edgy"-like-your-mom "humor".
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 09:19:46 pm »
Oh, for fucks sake. Since when is anybody in, on, or reading bloody Gawker a "radfem"? It's a gossip 'zine, dude. They have always tried way the fuck too hard to imitate "edgy", as "edgy" as a bunch of middle aged cubicle harpies writing for other middle aged cubicle drones can conceive, anyway...hence the lurid style and tasteless content of the article. Which is actually a typical example of Gawker humor - "edgy"-like-your-mom "humor".

FTFY.
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 09:20:21 pm »
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh...UP likes to think he's fighting the good fight against those mean old feminists.  Cause you know, this board is the best place to air those views.

Ironbite-cause you know...we're all "rah rah Men's Rights!"

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2015, 09:29:31 pm »
Oh, for fucks sake. Since when is anybody in, on, or reading bloody Gawker a "radfem"? It's a gossip 'zine, dude. They have always tried way the fuck too hard to imitate "edgy", as "edgy" as a bunch of middle aged cubicle harpies writing for other middle aged cubicle drones can conceive, anyway...hence the lurid style and tasteless content of the article. Which is actually a typical example of Gawker humor - "edgy"-like-your-mom "humor".

FTFY.
Evil Twin'zines - no shit. XD
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2015, 09:37:55 pm »
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh...UP likes to think he's fighting the good fight against those mean old feminists.  Cause you know, this board is the best place to air those views.

I have no problem with moderate feminists.  I'm one myself.  I just don't like radical feminists.

Oh, for fucks sake. Since when is anybody in, on, or reading bloody JEZEBEL a "radfem"? It's a gossip 'zine, dude. They have always tried way the fuck too hard to imitate "edgy", as "edgy" as a bunch of middle aged cubicle harpies writing for other middle aged cubicle dronettes can conceive, anyway...hence the lurid style and tasteless content of the article. Which is actually a typical example of JEZEBEL humor - "edgy"-like-your-mom "humor".

Jezebel may or may not be a feminist site (I've heard conflicting answers), but it definitely has radfems writing for it.

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2015, 09:54:13 pm »
UP. If JEZEBEL has a single solitary actual radfem on staff, then she's a brilliant, perfectly disguised mole. I think you may need a refresher course on what radfem means. Anybody wanna go grab a few doozies from Tumblr or FSDT to show UP what I mean? I can't be arsed. I pressure washed 50 patio chairs all day. I'm literally burnt toast, here.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2015, 10:09:10 pm »

I have no problem with moderate feminists.  I'm one myself.  I just don't like radical feminists.

Jezebel may or may not be a feminist site (I've heard conflicting answers), but it definitely has radfems writing for it.

Paragon, words are important. Assuming that "radfem" is even a word, would you care to give me a definition of it.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2015, 10:10:39 pm »

Paragon, words are important. Assuming that "radfem" is even a word, would you care to give me a definition of it.

It's short for "radical feminist".

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2015, 10:13:52 pm »
Yeah we know this.  Now define it.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2015, 10:18:24 pm »

Perhaps a radfem is someone who thinks that was disproportionate retribution for having the audacity to be a powerful woman in the Bible.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2015, 10:30:47 pm »
Oh, this thread turned into such an unexpected bit of fun, didn't it? UP, I could just pinch your cheek, you're being so cute! Widdle Templar Knight 'tinks a AdRag fashion-gossip-lifestyle 'zine for whitebread, jaded, working Soccer moms is a den of iniquity.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2015, 10:39:38 pm »
You know, I get why UP hates Jezebel. It's because GamerGate has taught him to. Kotaku is part of Gawker and because Kotaku is bad, all of Gawker must be bad, therefore Jezebel is a radscum infested hate rag.

Now, this is stupid to anyone else who isn't Madman, who has had similar GamerGate brainwashing (see his irrational hatred of Brianna Wu), because to anyone else, Jezebel is just a boring feminist gossip blog. A boring feminist gossip blog that too often jumps to conclusions, but a boring feminist gossip blog all the same.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2015, 10:43:12 pm »

Perhaps a radfem is someone who thinks that was disproportionate retribution for having the audacity to be a powerful woman in the Bible.

I don't remember Deborah or Esther suffering nearly as horribly.  I'd say it has more to do with the fact that she had an innocent man executed so her husband could get control of his vineyard.  Furthermore, when it comes to her misdeeds, that was the tip of the iceberg.

And a radical feminist is, in theory, a feminist who sees an end to the Patriarchy as an end in and of itself.  And from what I've read, that's how things used to be.  Today, however, most self-proclaimed "radical feminists" (or at least the most vocal ones) are little more than angry, hate-filled extremists with an irrational loathing of men, transsexuals and sex workers.

Maybe we ought to come up with a new term.  "Extreme feminist" has a nice ring to it.

Oh, this thread turned into such an unexpected bit of fun, didn't it? UP, I could just pinch your cheek, you're being so cute! Widdle Templar Knight 'tinks a AdRag fashion-gossip-lifestyle 'zine for whitebread, jaded, working Soccer moms is a den of iniquity.

Well, let's see.  You have them labelling all gay men as misogynists:

https://archive.is/IiWJl

Gloating over male victims of domestic violence:

https://archive.is/8vyn3

Accusing male feminists of being sexual predators:

https://archive.is/1g9LO

And dehumanizing men who want to reverse their circumcisions:

https://archive.is/UsHd9

You know, I get why UP hates Jezebel. It's because GamerGate has taught him to. Kotaku is part of Gawker and because Kotaku is bad, all of Gawker must be bad, therefore Jezebel is a radscum infested hate rag.

Now, this is stupid to anyone else who isn't Madman, who has had similar GamerGate brainwashing (see his irrational hatred of Brianna Wu), because to anyone else, Jezebel is just a boring feminist gossip blog. A boring feminist gossip blog that too often jumps to conclusions, but a boring feminist gossip blog all the same.

I hated Jezebel before GamerGate became a thing.  And again, see the above links and tell me it's just a "boring gossip blog".
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 11:48:41 am by Ultimate Paragon »

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2015, 10:46:07 pm »
Awww, it thinks it's people.
Who needs a signature?