Author Topic: Thread Killer  (Read 669049 times)

Offline Kristine

• The Beast
Re: Thread Killer
« Reply #1065 on: October 10, 2012, 11:45:49 pm »

Offline DrFishcake

• The Beast
  • A vegetarian called Fishcake. Long story.
« Reply #1066 on: October 15, 2012, 10:45:19 am »
I see the Moro Islamic Liberation Front are back in the news, thereby making childish sub-editors all over the world exercise what little restraint they have...

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1067 on: October 15, 2012, 11:47:24 am »
Oh goddamnit, I think Gangnam Style is growing on me. I'm not entirely sure what to make of this.

Offline Hades

• Balsiest Motherfucker Present
  • The Beast
  • This is a ride, not a fight
    • Fruits of Apathy
« Reply #1068 on: October 15, 2012, 12:02:36 pm »
Oh goddamnit, I think Gangnam Style is growing on me. I'm not entirely sure what to make of this.

Embrace it. Become part of the hive.
22:22 <SugarFreeJazz> the time for hats is now

"I don't know what it is, but nothing makes me hard like the thought of Megan Fox without any skin." - Existentialist Goofy

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #1069 on: October 15, 2012, 03:37:36 pm »
I don't know what all this newfangled stuff is you kids listen to...

Offline Kristine

• The Beast
« Reply #1070 on: October 17, 2012, 02:37:44 am »

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #1071 on: October 19, 2012, 12:38:31 am »
I'll be okay tomorrow as long as I go to sleep within the next hour.  I want to watch and episode of Heroes on Netflix, which will take 45 minutes.  Unfortunately, I have never successfully only watched one episode of Heroes before, because those stupid bastards are pretty damn good at cliffhanger endings, and I will almost certainly end up staying up for two or three episodes...

I'm going to do it anyway.

I'm so wild.
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline DrFishcake

• The Beast
« Reply #1072 on: October 19, 2012, 10:09:39 am »

Offline Kristine

• The Beast
« Reply #1073 on: October 21, 2012, 12:31:33 pm »
I'll be okay tomorrow as long as I go to sleep within the next hour.  I want to watch and episode of Heroes on Netflix, which will take 45 minutes.  Unfortunately, I have never successfully only watched one episode of Heroes before, because those stupid bastards are pretty damn good at cliffhanger endings, and I will almost certainly end up staying up for two or three episodes...

I'm going to do it anyway.

I'm so wild.
It's a WILD Saturday night for Veras!  - sleep late tomorrow  ;)

Offline DrFishcake

• The Beast
« Reply #1074 on: October 23, 2012, 08:32:20 am »
There are rare moments when trawling through the sheer twattery on TellYouGov is worth it.

Jimmy Savile
Dig him up & put in the dock. If he refuses to answer the allegations, then he's hiding something so burn him at the stake. If he does speak, he must be a witch so burn him at the stake.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #1075 on: October 23, 2012, 01:37:02 pm »
I have 45 minutes to kill in the lab and am practically falling asleep. I already had to resort to Robot Unicorn Attack earlier to keep myself awake, and I'd rather not do that again.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Kristine

• The Beast
« Reply #1076 on: October 24, 2012, 02:25:21 am »

What if your previous cookie was chocolate chip?

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #1077 on: October 24, 2012, 11:16:39 am »
I was once running a review session for a history class that I was teaching, and two of the students kept interrupting and talking over me (and the other students).  I was handing out fortune cookies for good answers (what?  that's what I had).  At the point that I started to get frustrated, I gave a minor rant, "this is an optional, after-school thing, if you don't want to be here, then go, but if you're going to stay, stop disrupting the meeting."  The kid guilty looked down, then read the fortune cookie that he had just opened.  His jaw dropped, he showed it to the other student who had been disruptive, handed it to me, then sat down quietly.

The cookie said "Respect your teachers"
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #1078 on: October 24, 2012, 06:18:56 pm »
Priceless.  I love how the Universe can just work out that way.

Offline Kristine

• The Beast
« Reply #1079 on: October 26, 2012, 02:31:00 am »