Author Topic: Nicki Minaj vs Taylor Swift; or, media making mountains out of molehills  (Read 4224 times)

Art Vandelay

Wait a minute. A thread about 2 pop singers, 2 purveyors of manufactured music, had a misunderstanding and cleared it up. That's what this is about? The fuh-ok. Alright. That's what I get for wandering into E&T. Sorry to interrupt. Carry on. I think 1 Direction did or said something recently. Maybe that's newsworthy?
Yeah, one of them just took a shit. It's all over Twitter.

Heh, that can have two meanings.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
AND THAT'S WHERE YOU'RE WRONG YOU HEATHEN! 

Ironbite-T-Swift ain't country...she's pop.

There's very little difference between modern, whiny country and whiny pop.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
How many break up songs has T-Swift released now?

I think she's broken up with half of America.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Rime

• Pope
  • Born too slow
Ultimate Paragon, I think it might have been better if you had posted a few articles about how the media turned it into WWIII.  It would have been more interesting than looking at some tweets from people we aren't paying much attention to.
And when we're done soul searching,
And we carry the weight and die for a cause.
Is misery made beautiful
Right before our eyes.

Mercy be revealed, or blind us where we stand?

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
Ultimate Paragon, I think it might have been better if you had posted a few articles about how the media turned it into WWIII.  It would have been more interesting than looking at some tweets from people we aren't paying much attention to.

That would be good. Or even better, since your point (based on the title) seems to be people are giving it more coverage than its due,  let it die. Don't bring it up. If we're paying too much attending to it, stop pointing fingers at it.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.

UP has this issue where he believes everyone is on the same wavelength when it comes to shit like this.  He can't fathom why nobody actually understands nor cares about pop princesses feuding with each other over a misunderstanding that is quickly cleared up.

Ironbite-or something like that.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
To be honest, and puerile, I would only care about Nicki Minaj and Taylor Swift feuding if it involved whipped cream and light-sabre dildos.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Amen.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Art Vandelay

Taylor Swift, sure. Nicki Minaj, not quite so much.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
Nicki Minaj is far hotter than Taylor Swift. Neither of them get near Beyonce maybe she could be the sexy ref....

Art Vandelay

If you like your women to have an uncanny valley quality to them, sure.