Author Topic: Softball Coach Sends Team to Get Him Dates  (Read 18539 times)

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
Re: Softball Coach Sends Team to Get Him Dates
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2013, 12:17:05 pm »
So sexual harassment is perfectly ok as long as shes over 18 and you arent a middle aged male? wow...
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2013, 12:18:53 pm »
Do you not realize how fucking inappropriate it is in the first place to ask your students to take pictures of women and give you their phone numbers? Such a subject isn't appropriate between students and teachers/coaches in the first place, and yet you're saying, "Oh, he's just asking help to find a date." Um, no. He's using his students to collect women's numbers so he can browse them like a fucking catalog. How is that okay? Jesus fucking christ. And just because the guy didn't respond to messages doesn't mean he feels guilty. He could be wanting to lie low so he doesn't look like any more of a creep. He could simply not care. You accuse us of making assumptions, but then you go ahead and do it there. Stop it.

First off, I'm defending the guy and asking you guys to have the audacity to consider the other side of the coin.  Second, I'm not saying he's right.  I just think this haterade with comments like.

And he was apparently so shit-eatingly smug about the whole thing, congratulating himself on 'using his girls' to meet women.

What I wonder is why the girls complied. Is it a case of them being young and not knowing better, and simply assuming that because some respected adult is instructing them to do it then it must be okay? It doesn't say how old the girls were but since they're in high school they've gotta be at least fourteen.

And of course one of the most annoying parts is that he sent a text message to one of the women saying, 'I had to see if your legit.' I know he's just a sports coach, but COME THE FUCK ON HERE.

I'm just gonna be in this corner here weeping.

I'd argue that those are meant to provoke images of this guy being some horrible demon with no fucking moral compass.  Are those snippets from the OP not inflammatory enough for you?  Don't be so shocked when someone comes in this thread and has issues with the bias this thread started off with.  I'm not saying he was right, but you guys are acting like rabid feminists.

I particularly don't like the paragraph about the girls "possibly not knowing better."  I see that as a pretty blatant insult to their intellect.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2013, 12:27:06 pm »
Do you not realize how fucking inappropriate it is in the first place to ask your students to take pictures of women and give you their phone numbers? Such a subject isn't appropriate between students and teachers/coaches in the first place, and yet you're saying, "Oh, he's just asking help to find a date." Um, no. He's using his students to collect women's numbers so he can browse them like a fucking catalog. How is that okay? Jesus fucking christ. And just because the guy didn't respond to messages doesn't mean he feels guilty. He could be wanting to lie low so he doesn't look like any more of a creep. He could simply not care. You accuse us of making assumptions, but then you go ahead and do it there. Stop it.

First off, I'm defending the guy and asking you guys to have the audacity to consider the other side of the coin.  Second, I'm not saying he's right.  I just think this haterade with comments like.

And he was apparently so shit-eatingly smug about the whole thing, congratulating himself on 'using his girls' to meet women.

What I wonder is why the girls complied. Is it a case of them being young and not knowing better, and simply assuming that because some respected adult is instructing them to do it then it must be okay? It doesn't say how old the girls were but since they're in high school they've gotta be at least fourteen.

And of course one of the most annoying parts is that he sent a text message to one of the women saying, 'I had to see if your legit.' I know he's just a sports coach, but COME THE FUCK ON HERE.

I'd argue that those are meant to provoke images of this guy being some horrible demon with no fucking moral compass.  Are those snippets from the OP not inflammatory enough for you?  Don't be so shocked when someone comes in this thread and has issues with the bias this thread started off with.  I'm not saying he was right, but you guys are acting like rabid feminists.

I particularly don't like the paragraph about the girls "possibly not knowing better."  I see that as a pretty blatant insult to their intellect.

Look, I'm a girl and I'm still in high school. I didn't even realize how sexual harassment worked until I was 17. That's quite "impressive" compared to most, since today even most adults do not understand it fully. It isn't insulting their intellect at all. Even if these girls did know how wrong he was, they might not know what to do about it. I'm not sure if I'd even know what to do.
Also, we aren't being "rabid". This is something that shouldn't be tolerated.
And no, he's not a horrible demon that deserves to burn in hell. No one has said that. Cut it out.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2013, 12:28:48 pm »

What's the other side of the coin, then? It was somehow okay to do such a thing? Please explain.

Um, what the hell is wrong with this statement? I, too, was left wondering why the girls did such a thing. How is it an insult to their intellect? They could be anywhere from 14-18 years old, and teenagers aren't known for making the most logical choice at times. It's not about their intellect, it's that they're fucking teenagers and could've made a mistake.

Yes, the fact that she made a joke about his using "your" instead of "you're" paints him as a truly horrible demon.

Riiight, because we're complete assholes to criticize a guy for asking teenagers to find cute girls and take pictures of them. Nothing wrong about that, no sirree.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

• The Beast
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2013, 12:32:06 pm »

Look, I'm a girl and I'm still in high school. I didn't even realize how sexual harassment worked until I was 17. That's quite "impressive" compared to most, since today even most adults do not understand it fully. It isn't insulting their intellect at all. Even if these girls did know how wrong he was, they might not know what to do about it. I'm not sure if I'd even know what to do.
Also, we aren't being "rabid". This is something that shouldn't be tolerated.
And no, he's not a horrible demon that deserves to burn in hell. No one has said that. Cut it out.

I realize nobody called him a demon and said he deserves to burn in hell.  However, the subtext sure seems to be there, I would think.  As I cited, there's some pretty strong hatred and loathing in the OP.  That undertone sure hasn't disappeared from most of the posts here, either.

Offline gomer21xx

• Pope
  • Squick responsibly!
    • RT Gomer Productions
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2013, 12:33:11 pm »
I would like to introduce this coach to a site called OKCupid...  Because, while not the best, is better than getting your underage students to play wingpeople for you!

Lazy fucker can't even get his own dates... >.<
I'm looking for patrons!  How can you help?  Check out my Patreon page! =)

As always, you can catch my podcasts and videos at RT Gomer Productions!

Quote from: TheL
I've seen so many tits, they've blended into one enormous mega boob!

Quote from: The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist
Dude, when Vox Day was born, he shot out the hospital window and over an entire tank of sharks.

• The Beast
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2013, 12:34:36 pm »
I would like to introduce this coach to a site called OKCupid...  Because, while not the best, is better than getting your underage students to play wingpeople for you!

Is it sad that you've been one of the most civil people in this thread?  Things sure have gotten quite...uh...what's the word.  Things have become quite "heated" here.  Yes, that's the word.

Offline Sleepy

• The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2013, 12:36:30 pm »
I realize nobody called him a demon and said he deserves to burn in hell.  However, the subtext sure seems to be there, I would think.  As I cited, there's some pretty strong hatred and loathing in the OP.  That undertone sure hasn't disappeared from most of the posts here, either.

Sounds like you're reading between the lines way too much. We're saying that this man was wrong, and that you sound like an asshole for calling us out when we agree that it was wrong.

Is it sad that you've been one of the most civil people in this thread?  Things sure have gotten quite...uh...what's the word.  Things have become quite "heated" here.  Yes, that's the word.

You're quite the hypocrite then, screaming at us for calling this guy out. Don't try to blame us when all we're doing is saying that he's wrong, while you're freaking out over us doing such a thing.

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

• The Beast
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2013, 12:40:14 pm »

Sounds like you're reading between the lines way too much. We're saying that this man was wrong, and that you sound like an asshole for calling us out when we agree that it was wrong.

Hey, we all agree he was wrong.  The issue is that I take the language used to bash the guy as a bit much.  I guess that's "reading between the lines too much," though.

You're quite the hypocrite then, screaming at us for calling this guy out. Don't try to blame us when all we're doing is saying that he's wrong, while you're freaking out over us doing such a thing.

How about you can it?  Did I say I was better or more civil in my defense of the guy?  No?  While I'll admit I had to hold my tongue to keep from typing something really nasty and mean-spirited, I'm no angel in my angry defense.  If you've been paying attention, I admit SEVERAL TIMES that this guy wasn't necessarily justified in his actions.  I'm just saying that I think you guys are taking a very hardline stance on his behavior.

Now who's "reading between the lines way too much?"
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 12:45:09 pm by B-Man »

Offline Sleepy

• The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2013, 12:45:58 pm »
How about you can it?  Did I say I was better or more civil in my defense of the guy?  No?  While I'll admit I had to hold my tongue to keep from typing something really nasty and mean-spirited, I'm no angel in my angry defense.

I must disagree, since you called us rabid feminists for our responses. And applauding Gomer for being civil states that most others were uncivil in our responses, as well, meaning that our criticism of the guy was uncivil.

• The Beast
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2013, 12:48:03 pm »
How about you can it?  Did I say I was better or more civil in my defense of the guy?  No?  While I'll admit I had to hold my tongue to keep from typing something really nasty and mean-spirited, I'm no angel in my angry defense.

I must disagree, since you called us rabid feminists for our responses. And applauding Gomer for being civil states that most others were uncivil in our responses, as well, meaning that our criticism of the guy was uncivil.

Oh yeah.  "Shit-eatingly smug" is totally civil.  Silly me for thinking that's uncivil.

Offline Nightangel8212

• The Wicked Witch of the Great White North
  • The Beast
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2013, 12:51:36 pm »
People get ticked off when they read articles like this, and tend to vent. If someone was screaming for him to die, be tortured, or sent to prison for ten years, I could understand your point about the use of language.

Seriously, B-man, I can't remember you ever acting like this. I understand you sympathize with shy men, but the man's behavior was not appropriate or acceptable, not to the students, not to the woman, and he pretty much made himself look like a creeper. Plus, again, he did this only six days into his new job. He knew his students for six days. How shy can you be when you're asking a group of teenage girls to run around the neighborhood and collect pretty women's photo's and phone numbers? That seems pretty damn bold to me.

Offline Sleepy

• The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2013, 12:51:50 pm »

Oh yeah.  "Shit-eatingly smug" is totally civil.  Silly me for thinking that's uncivil.

Let me go count the number of people who said that.

Seems to be a whopping 1.

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2013, 12:52:51 pm »
Creepy.

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2013, 12:53:24 pm »

Hey, we all agree he was wrong.  The issue is that I take the language used to bash the guy a bit much.  I guess that's "reading between the lines too much," though.

How about you can it?  Did I say I was better or more civil in my defense of the guy?  No?  While I'll admit I had to hold my tongue to keep from typing something really nasty and mean-spirited, I'm no angel in my angry defense.  If you've been paying attention, I admit SEVERAL TIMES that this guy wasn't necessarily justified in his actions.  I'm just saying that I think you guys are taking a very hardline stance on his behavior.

Ok, you're saying you know he did wrong but then go on and say "He was just shy and embarrassed! Stop being so mean to him! You guys are such assholes!" and also a bunch of unrelated crap.
For fuck's sake, what the hell are you blabbering about?
I mean your posts pretty much boil down to "I'm not saying this guy was ok, but he was just being shy. He's only 25 and she was 21, so sexual harassment couldn't have happened! You guys are demonizing him, even though I acknowledge that you haven't said anything like that". You've attacked Cait and Art for pointing out how terrible this guy is, but Gomer was ok? (I'm not attacking Gomer, it was pretty funny).

Quit this crap, ok? You are not only attacking us unreasonably, but you are also being borderline apologetic to his harassment. Saying "I know he was wrong, but anyone who is attacking him is a jackass and he didn't do anything wrong" is just like how some people say "I'm not racist, but I just think white people are better". It's complete bullshit and it's uncalled for.