Author Topic: Steubenville Verdict is in...  (Read 26046 times)

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
Re: Steubenville Verdict is in...
« Reply #90 on: March 19, 2013, 11:46:15 am »
There is definately a rape culture look at Madcat's hell hole a guy got gangraped in and boys will be boys

Offline Scotsgit

• Is Reenacting Reality or Reality Reenacting?
  • The Beast
« Reply #91 on: March 19, 2013, 01:08:44 pm »
Is it wrong that I want them spend their sentences amongst the general population wing of the prison?
I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #92 on: March 19, 2013, 01:20:22 pm »
Yeah let's shy away from that eh?

Also I bet dollars to donuts this isn't the first time they've done something like this.  Only the girl was local and knew if she pressed charges her life would be essentially over.

Ironbite-hope this causes other people to step up and raise their voices agains these monsters.

Offline Scotsgit

• The Beast
« Reply #93 on: March 19, 2013, 01:23:42 pm »

Also I bet dollars to donuts this isn't the first time they've done something like this.  Only the girl was local and knew if she pressed charges her life would be essentially over.

Ironbite-hope this causes other people to step up and raise their voices agains these monsters.

There's apparently another girl come forward to say it happened to her and she got the same treatment from the 'Police'.  I use the word 'Police' loosely in this case.

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #94 on: March 19, 2013, 01:28:03 pm »
Is it wrong that I want them spend their sentences amongst the general population wing of the prison?
I just wished that they would have been tried as adults, and gotten a far harsher sentence.

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #95 on: March 19, 2013, 01:30:57 pm »
Jesus christ, that's a half-assed apology if I've ever seen one. It comes off as "sorry we got caught." Fucking scumbags.
Actually Ma'lik Richmond's apology was even better:

"I had not intended to do anything like this. I’m sorry to put you through this."

See? He didn't intend to do anything like that. I mean, hasn't anyone else just tripped, fallen and accidentally raped someone? God, I hate it when that happens...

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #96 on: March 19, 2013, 01:42:49 pm »

I don't think scotsgit meant what you think he meant.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #97 on: March 19, 2013, 04:28:37 pm »
Jesus christ, that's a half-assed apology if I've ever seen one. It comes off as "sorry we got caught." Fucking scumbags.
Actually Ma'lik Richmond's apology was even better:

"I had not intended to do anything like this. I’m sorry to put you through this."

See? He didn't intend to do anything like that. I mean, hasn't anyone else just tripped, fallen and accidentally raped someone? God, I hate it when that happens...

Me too! I thought I was the only person who did that.  :-[

Don't you just hate it as well when you forget to screen lock your phone and you end up accidently taking pictures and tweeting about it.

Offline Scotsgit

• The Beast
« Reply #98 on: March 19, 2013, 07:35:08 pm »

I don't think scotsgit meant what you think he meant.

Yeah, I didn't mean I want them raped, more introduced to the fact that they're not the tough guys they think they are.

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #99 on: March 19, 2013, 08:08:41 pm »
Okay, take two.

What I should have done the first time is asked for more exposition.  I got that in IRC yesterday.  Now, onto my thoughts.

I think this whole "coverup" business speaks about a larger problem in our society.  It's not just this town that messed up.  The Catholic Church and the Jewish Orthodoxy have problems with abuse too, although it's with boys.  Society really needs to learn how to handle these kinds of problems.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #100 on: March 19, 2013, 08:24:33 pm »
Okay, take two.

What I should have done the first time is asked for more exposition.  I got that in IRC yesterday.  Now, onto my thoughts.

I think this whole "coverup" business speaks about a larger problem in our society.  It's not just this town that messed up.  The Catholic Church and the Jewish Orthodoxy have problems with abuse too, although it's with boys.  Society really needs to learn how to handle these kinds of problems.
Oh, but see, after the steel mill closed, a half decent high school football team is the only thing this town has left. You can't take that away from them just because of one itty bitty case of gang rape. Did not a wise man once say that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few?

Besides, it's not like locking up their star players is going to magically un-rape the girl, so what's the bloody point?

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #101 on: March 19, 2013, 08:55:24 pm »
To the "news" commentators lamenting how sad it is that these rapists' lives are ruined, and to the people harassing the victim, and to the people blaming the victim and to the rape apologists, I have but one thing to say:

"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Scotsgit

• The Beast
« Reply #102 on: March 19, 2013, 09:06:53 pm »
Okay, take two.

Oh, but see, after the steel mill closed, a half decent high school football team is the only thing this town has left. You can't take that away from them just because of one itty bitty case of gang rape. Did not a wise man once say that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few?

Besides, it's not like locking up their star players is going to magically un-rape the girl, so what's the bloody point?

And everybody knows that if you play sports you can do no wrong:  George Best may have been an alcoholic who beat up his wife, but he scored goals so that apparently makes everything OK.  Hell, premier league footballers can act really despicably towards women, but if the goals keep coming in, then the fans and the pundits think that they're the greatest people in the world.

Seriously, when the fuck is are these parts of society going to work out that the ability to kick, throw or do whatever to a ball does not give someone a free pass to act like a total and utter cunt?

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #103 on: March 19, 2013, 09:20:56 pm »
If I were another school in the area, I'd refuse to play with Steubenville.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #104 on: March 19, 2013, 09:38:56 pm »
Have the media outlets released any press statements regarding the sympathetic spin to the rapists and the public outcry?
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.