Author Topic: Who Shot MLK?  (Read 12258 times)

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
Re: Who Shot MLK?
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2013, 06:48:26 pm »
Here's a question: why did Lee Harvey Oswald shoot JFK? Why did Jack Ruby shoot LHO? Why didn't the FBI investigate at all?

My theory is that LHO was a Soviet sleeper agent who got stolen by the Cubans. Castro wanted revenge for the Bay of Pigs, so he decided to bump off Kennedy. Jack Ruby was probably just a really angry citizen.

Personally I lean more to the Mafia theory: LHO was hired by the Mob somehow- the Mob hated the Kennedies for various good reasons. Then it became apparent that he would talk, so Mafia buttonman Jack Ruby shot him right in the face. Hoover was either being paid by the Mob, or was temperamentally on the side of the Mob, so he refused to investigate in any serious way, while stopping others from investigating also.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2013, 01:07:58 am »
People tend to talk a lot about how many enemies JFK had when suggesting "proof" that he was assassinated by some powerful country or organization.

What if all of those enemies WERE real and DID want to see him die, but some nutbag Soviet sympathizer named Lee Harvey Oswald bumped him off before they got the chance?
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2013, 01:22:00 am »
People tend to talk a lot about how many enemies JFK had when suggesting "proof" that he was assassinated by some powerful country or organization.

What if all of those enemies WERE real and DID want to see him die, but some nutbag Soviet sympathizer named Lee Harvey Oswald bumped him off before they got the chance?
Which reminds me of this:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4meFC1ee7Q" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4meFC1ee7Q</a>
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2013, 01:59:30 am »
I should point out as well that there ARE conspiracy theories that are proven to exist. The problem is that the vast majority of them are meant to cover up fuckups that military officers or politicians committed and they usually get revealed in short order when actual evidence appears (and I don't mean circumstantial evidence or some elderly man testifying from a sanitarium).

An assassination conspiracy being derailed when a random whacko does the job for you is exactly how the world would work.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2013, 02:23:02 am »
Oswald was a bit nutty and wanted to defect to the Soviets.  In fact, he'd done so once before.  So he killed Kennedy to try and get into the USSR's good graces.

Ruby was pissed off about the assassination and was high on Phenmatrazine, an upper.  He was not rational, but wanted to "redeem" the city of Dallas.

There was an investigation, a quite thorough one.  However, the results don't support the conspiracy theories, so conspiracy theorists ignore them in favor of whatever sounds more paranoid.
There is one conspiracy theory that was proven right, though. The KGB worked to popularize the "Who Shot JFK?" conspiracy theory.
Which immediately puts them up on the list of suspects.

New idea: some nobody in the KGB wanted to impress his superiors. By sheer fortune, he managed to pull it off.

My other theory is that JFK was shot by JFK from the future where he caused World War III, so he went back in time to kill himself to prevent it.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2013, 02:41:58 am »
New idea: some nobody in the KGB wanted to impress his superiors. By sheer fortune, he managed to pull it off.

So who is this "nobody"?

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2013, 06:24:33 am »

So who is this "nobody"?
Just some formerly high ranking KGB agent. No, not Vladimir Putin. He joined right out of high school, in 1975.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2013, 07:06:59 am »

Maybe that was true. Unfortunately, the FBI never investigated, so we have no idea.

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2013, 04:49:40 pm »

So who is this "nobody"?
Just some formerly high ranking KGB agent. No, not Vladimir Putin. He joined right out of high school, in 1975.

But.....who?

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2013, 04:56:24 pm »

So who is this "nobody"?

But.....who?
You're not getting the "secret" in "secret agent man".
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".

Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2013, 08:57:21 pm »
Right now your idea has about as much merit as "Satan did it."

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2013, 11:33:51 pm »
My emails are probably read by an NSA agent. I have no idea which NSA agent. That is not evidence that he doesn't exist.

-FDR

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2013, 11:36:30 pm »
My emails are probably read by an NSA agent. I have no idea which NSA agent. That is not evidence that he doesn't exist.
Or, my AP tests are graded by a teacher. I have no idea which teacher. That is not evidence that the teacher does not exist.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2013, 11:39:53 pm »

Except that we have evidence of the NSA actually illicitly monitoring private communications. Where's the evidence that the KGB set up Kennedy's death?

Also, if I remember correctly you're in Australia. The NSA isn't exactly concerned with YOUR emails.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2013, 11:44:38 pm »

Except that we have evidence of the NSA actually illicitly monitoring private communications. Where's the evidence that the KGB set up Kennedy's death?

Also, if I remember correctly you're in Australia. The NSA isn't exactly concerned with YOUR emails.

The NSA mostly reads foreigners emails.

-FDR