Author Topic: Vox Day: I don't put women in video games.  (Read 8603 times)

shykid

Re: Vox Day: I don't put women in video games.
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2014, 02:12:25 pm »
Anal Circumference Tables.

Every time I hear something about FATAL, it somehow manages to outdo itself and sound even worse.

A while back, a friend and I decided to design characters using the FATAL gamebook for shits and giggles. It included such things as vaginal depth and elasticity (to calculate whether or not a rape would tear you open), the shape, length and size of your nipples and areola (which influenced how attractive you are), penis length and girth (again, to calculate whether you'd tear someone open while raping them), and so on. There was also this whole complicated die roll for the likelihood of surviving a rape, with all kinds of crazy modifiers. We made it about half way through, which took well over an hour, before giving up.

What the fuck.

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2014, 03:05:42 pm »
It's all pretty terrible. You can find a copy of the guide here, if you want to give it a go: http://web.archive.org/web/20040413024415/http://www.hyperbooks.com/fatal/fatal.pdf (NSFW due to some... interesting illustrations).

Edit: Decided to create a F.A.T.A.L. character for the hell of it. Thus far, I'm a 36-year-old female human who is 5'5" and 119lbs. I have tan skin; thick, curly, oily blonde hair that reaches my upper back; small blue eyes; and no deformities. I have C-cup breasts with medium coloured, 1" areolas and 1/4" nipples. My vaginal circumference potential is 6-8", and its depth potential is 5.9 inches. My anal circumference potential is 5-6", depth potential is 8.3". My tongue is 2" long. My most attractive feature is my voice, and my least attractive feature are my lips.

I'd do more, but I'm getting sick of this.

Instead of being really anal about specific measurements, why don't they just rate them on a scale from 1 to 10?

So you don't want them to be anal about their anal measurements?

Well, it would make it a lot simpler.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2014, 12:40:37 pm »
I wonder if F.A.T.A.L is trolling? Not only is the subject matter repulsive but it's impossible to play.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2014, 04:36:23 pm »
According to the review, and yes, I read the WHOLE fucking thing, the creator is likely a complete sociopath who doesn't even understand the concept of basic human morality, much less what constitutes trolling; he responded to their review in words that, according to them, came off in a very creepily neutral, almost deadpan monotone manner.  That's not the hallmark of a stable individual.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2014, 10:24:23 pm »
According to the review, and yes, I read the WHOLE fucking thing, the creator is likely a complete sociopath who doesn't even understand the concept of basic human morality, much less what constitutes trolling; he responded to their review in words that, according to them, came off in a very creepily neutral, almost deadpan monotone manner.  That's not the hallmark of a stable individual.

We'll if this weirdo's serious, then at least make his abomination "playable". You can make the stupidest game in the universe but if gameplay is impossible, then it's useless.

Perhaps his screws are so totally loose that the gameplay is feasible in his own deranged mind....or maybe calculating orifice-sizes for hours on end is fun for him.

People don't care about orifices! They just want to slay dragons, kill orcs, stake vampires & zap various hellspawn.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2014, 10:26:40 pm »
I have no idea who that game was even meant for.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2014, 02:05:28 am »
I have no idea who that game was even meant for.

"the most difficult, detailed, realistic and historically/mythically accurate role-playing game available."

The writers of that game believec they were making a serious game for serious people. None of that silliness in AD&D with the living underwear that posses people and duckwolfs and whatnot.

They just assumed that those serious people wish to roleplay their rape fantasies. Which is a thing you can do in this game (Wow! So realistic!) while "dating" on the other hand has no rules. So basically, if you wish to rape and disembowel your victim and then "feast on their warm innards" as the game suggests on page 2, there are rules for that. Probably rules for any diseases or stomach ache you get for that. (Roll fir diarrhea, see if you mess your hose.) If you want non-violent and consensual interaction with people, you're going to have to make up your own rules or simply roleplay that.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline LeTipex

• Bishop
  • I'm right, because I accept that I can be wrong.
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2014, 07:13:58 am »

We'll if this weirdo's serious, then at least make his abomination "playable". You can make the stupidest game in the universe but if gameplay is impossible, then it's useless.

Perhaps his screws are so totally loose that the gameplay is feasible in his own deranged mind....or maybe calculating orifice-sizes for hours on end is fun for him.

People don't care about orifices! They just want to slay dragons, kill orcs, stake vampires & zap various hellspawn.
This is old-school gaming. It's not supposed to be fun. It's supposed to be a time consuming slogfest were you just kill rat after rat in the sewer with a bent stick before gaining the right to actually play the character you dared to imagine. Realism!

(Oh how I wish I was joking right now... But no, there are people who actually say that kind of stuff.)

Art Vandelay

« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2014, 07:33:27 am »

This is old-school gaming. It's not supposed to be fun. It's supposed to be a time consuming slogfest were you just kill rat after rat in the sewer with a bent stick before gaining the right to actually play the character you dared to imagine. Realism!

(Oh how I wish I was joking right now... But no, there are people who actually say that kind of stuff.)
Or in the case of FATAL, raping street kids and disabled people with a 2" knob at half-mast for hours on end before you move on to ripping the most beautiful women you can imagine in half (with copious amounts of screaming, pain and general viscera, naturally) with a shlong as big and hard as a redwood.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2014, 10:12:41 am »

It doesn't help that its so fundamentally broken on a basic, mechanical level that a baby with Down's could exploit it.  Seriously, you could have two characters constantly steal some valuable object from one another for infinite experience with absolutely zero effort, if they happen to be bandits...considering the world of FATAL is one in which literally half of all men are rapists, it is quite likely that your players are the raping-and-pillaging bandit types.

Oh, and if you want to have a guaranteed Urination check (yes, you have to make a skill check to take a piss in the world of FATAL) you have to, on average, be level 20.  Which takes hundreds of millions of experience, which requires an obscene amount of grind to achieve.  You also roll to see how much shit you knock out of someone's ass if you manage to make a critical hit to their rectum...yes, the damage is THAT specific, and NO, you don't harm any of the surrounding tissue, even if you're using a battle axe with an edge as wide as a small building.

FATAL isn't just for moronic man-children who think copious amounts of rape and gore is amusing, but its for people whose sense of challenge is so warped, so mind-breakingly out of control that they make "hardcore" gamers look like perfectly reasonable people.  The "game," such as it is, is the most abominably fucked up thing I've ever come across...and I've come across such gems as Gummo, Manos, and The Room.  Yes, I'd much rather watch The Room (and not the Rifftrax version, either) than even consider reading the 900 pages of horror that is FATAL.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 10:15:22 am by RavynousHunter »
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2014, 06:02:28 pm »
About that review, I did get a good laugh out of the description of the "Official Theme Song" of this abomination. "Cookie Monster chasing a drum kit down a flight of stairs".

Yes! This 900+ page incomprehensible & gruesome tome that would make C'thulhu barf has a THEME SONG!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TLlbVW-VA0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TLlbVW-VA0</a>
...and WADDAYAKNOW...It sounds like garbage........

.....or Cookie Monster chasing a drum kit down a flight of stairs!

But that would be an insult to the wonderful, huggable, lovable, hilarious, fun-loving blue Muppet hairball!

Okay...Cookie Monster's devil-possessed evil twin's having the tom-tom/stairway caper!