Author Topic: RadFems create a petition to classify MRAs as terrorists  (Read 5379 times)

Offline Kat S.

• Pope
  • Repentant sinner, unrepentant knowledge junkie
Re: RadFems create a petition to classify MRAs as terrorists
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2014, 06:23:07 pm »
Yeah, but even if the petition is successful in getting all 100,000+ signatures, how do you think the White House would actually respond?  They still haven't answered yet to other successful petitions, including the Edward Snowden petition from nearly a year ago. 

Typically, the white house responds, but rarely actually does anything in response to the petition.  Granted, some are silly to actually allow to be act upon such as the "seceding from the union" due to Obama's re-election.  The "We the People" petition site has proven itself to be more of a dog and pony show of political transparency. 

I have also heard, and by all means correct me if I am wrong fellow Americans on this forum, that once you sign up an account on the "We the People" site, you will start receiving political campaign emails from the incumbent office.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 06:25:06 pm by Kat S. »

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2014, 10:53:19 pm »
Whitehouse.gov/wethepeople may send you emails alerting to other petitions or the status of the one you signed. It'll do that regardless of who's in office. Just like kickstarter and change.org do.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Kat S.

• Pope
  • Repentant sinner, unrepentant knowledge junkie
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2014, 11:02:40 pm »
Whitehouse.gov/wethepeople may send you emails alerting to other petitions or the status of the one you signed. It'll do that regardless of who's in office. Just like kickstarter and change.org do.

Ok, that's good.  Mind you what I heard about the campaign emails was that, hearsay.  The reason I stated it anyway is because when I tried to email my congress representative about something, after that issue, I kept getting stupid emails from the office of that congress member about other stuff that sounds more like political election ads than updates.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2014, 02:32:19 am »
*pulls pillow over head* Someone let me know when they're done killing each other, I'm tired of this.

Room for one more, brother?
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2014, 08:31:06 am »
You gon' be waitin a long time, then.  They're, by and large, far FAR too pussified to actually DO anything.  They'll just bray like the bunch of ignorant jackasses they are.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2014, 09:07:17 am »
You gon' be waitin a long time, then.  They're, by and large, far FAR too pussified to actually DO anything.  They'll just bray like the bunch of ignorant jackasses they are.
Or jennies, in the case of the RadFems.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2014, 10:00:56 am »
I hate using the term "pussy" & "pussified" to describe a wimp. Since "pussy" refers to a vagina & femaleness, it seems to imply that "pussy/female/vagina/girl" means "weakling". I don't mean to be a nit-picker but it's really annoying.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2014, 11:52:27 am »
I'm sort of fascinated with the Radfemers and MRA type people.
Just two groups of people that really hate the opposite sex to the point of wanting to enslave/murder/rape them.
I'm more fascinated with what leads men and women to become part of these groups and ideologies.

I grew up lonely, was never really the attention of girls. I had girls I was attracted to but was either too scared to ask them out or was rejected by them. But I never hated them for it. I even called myself a "nice guy" but it's literally because I thought I was nice, and not for the reasons they use it, meaning that they feel they deserve sexual favors for doing nice things. I didn't lose my virginity until I was 29. I know personal, but a lot these guys feel that if you're a virgin after you 18 your some sort of loser or lost cause. But now I'm with an amazing girl that I'm getting married to, because I put myself out there. I tried to better myself and paint myself in a more positive light. I used to have a woe is me, I need a girlfriend attitude, but I never felt I should hate them. Is it because my mom taught me to respect women? Is it because I realized that if I didn't lose my virginity by the time I was 21 that my life wasn't over?
Surely all of these men and women didn't all come from bad parental upbringings? Is it just the case of these people getting one poisonous idea in their mind and stumbling upon a group on the internet that aggrandized it to the point where it might become a problem now?
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2014, 06:28:54 pm »
The radfem women are just as nuts as the MRA people.  However, I don't think they are that far off in wanting to classify them as terrorist or at least have them on some kind of watchlist.  These are some frightening chat logs someone recorded while lurking on one of their forums.  They actually talk about "going Elliot" and acting as if he was some kind of hero.  It's beyond disturbing. 

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2014, 06:36:56 pm »
The radfem women are just as nuts as the MRA people.  However, I don't think they are that far off in wanting to classify them as terrorist or at least have them on some kind of watchlist.  These are some frightening chat logs someone recorded while lurking on one of their forums.  They actually talk about "going Elliot" and acting as if he was some kind of hero.  It's beyond disturbing.
It's certainly true that a number of MRAs are shitty human beings.  However, lumping all MRAs in with Elliot Rodger is just plain intellectually dishonest.  You might as well try to categorize all Muslims as terrorists.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2014, 06:46:09 pm »
It's certainly true that a number of MRAs are shitty human beings.  However, lumping all MRAs in with Elliot Rodger is just plain intellectually dishonest.  You might as well try to categorize all Muslims as terrorists.
How bout we register groups like "A voice for men" as hate groups though.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2014, 07:41:23 pm »
Seems a fair compromise to me.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2014, 10:32:19 pm »
It wouldn't surprise me if SPLC has begun monitoring both "movements" already, at least the blogs, sites and forums with the really fucked up uber crazies.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2014, 11:24:41 pm »
It wouldn't surprise me if SPLC has begun monitoring both "movements" already, at least the blogs, sites and forums with the really fucked up uber crazies.

That's what they should do.  Especially the ones who are talking about going on another killing rampage. 

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2014, 01:24:41 am »
Before any MRA gets put on the terrorist list, that damn ex-police chief (I actually forgot his name, and can't be bothered to look it up) should be put on there first.  Not only has he threatened violence, he has demonstrated the capacity to do so.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet