Author Topic: Study about the link between Racism and Gun Ownership  (Read 10102 times)

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: Study about the link between Racism and Gun Ownership
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2013, 08:56:00 am »
Speaking of which, why is it that every time one of these threads come up, another "I will not be demonized" pops up?
Sorry Queen, but that links to (so far) two very well written and thought out posts about gun safety practices. Just don't see anything defensive or "gun nut apologist" in them.

I'm very much in favor of whatever regulations and screening and background check laws that are enforceable to lower gun violence and accidents being enacted nation wide. Getting easy-to-understand safety tips and rules of ownership out there to the public is probably much more effective in tamping down the deadly stupid shit we see in re gun violence and accidents. Since the weapons are already ubiquitous, educating people on safety to counteract the American gun=empowerment mentality by explaining just how they work, and how dangerous they can be, and how to handle them in a more safe and responsible manner is a public service.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

QueenofHearts

« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2013, 09:32:46 am »
Speaking of which, why is it that every time one of these threads come up, another "I will not be demonized" pops up?
Sorry Queen, but that links to (so far) two very well written and thought out posts about gun safety practices. Just don't see anything defensive or "gun nut apologist" in them.

1. Would that thread even exist but-for the existence of this one?
2. There are also at least 2 or 3 examples from the past I could pull, so at this point, it is a trend.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2013, 12:09:20 pm »

1. Would that thread even exist but-for the existence of this one?
2. There are also at least 2 or 3 examples from the past I could pull, so at this point, it is a trend.

If you do feel like pulling up examples, do it in F&B.
Σא

Offline Danarth

• Apprentice
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2013, 04:09:12 pm »
I sense another gun debate on the horizon.   Cuz I'm psychic like that.

Personally, I think another gun debate should be framed with the question 'Should we be using lightsabres instead?'

Personally, I say yes.

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2013, 05:57:03 pm »
If the second half of a question is "... or lightsabers." Lightsabers are always the right answer.

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2013, 06:03:52 pm »
I sense another gun debate on the horizon.   Cuz I'm psychic like that.

Personally, I think another gun debate should be framed with the question 'Should we be using lightsabres instead?'

Personally, I say yes.

"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2013, 06:58:57 pm »
What about...  A gun that shoots lightsabers?  No no... A gun that shoots chainsaws made of lightsabers.

... That are on fire!
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2013, 07:52:54 pm »
What about...  A gun that shoots lightsabers?  No no... A gun that shoots chainsaws made of lightsabers.

... That are on fire!
A BEAR WITH CHAINSAWS FOR ARMS!

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2013, 07:53:39 pm »

... That are on fire!

An bear with a bulletproof vest, raping your churches and burning your women!
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2013, 07:54:11 pm »

... That are on fire!

An bear with a bulletproof vest, raping your churches and burninating your women!
Fixed.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2013, 08:39:17 pm »
Eh, I still don't know why there shouldnt be background checks, waiting times between purchase, bans on semi-automatic or automatic weapons. Legislated requirements for storage, ie gun safes separate from ammunition (also in safe).

QueenofHearts

« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2013, 08:58:23 pm »
Eh, I still don't know why there shouldnt be background checks, waiting times between purchase, bans on semi-automatic or automatic weapons. Legislated requirements for storage, ie gun safes separate from ammunition (also in safe).

Because you hate freedom you cracker!

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2013, 09:00:57 pm »

There are, those vary by state, that's fucking stupid, the requirement to get those are high to say nothing of price, separate safes are debatably unnecessary, and I think some states have full rebates for safes, respectively.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2013, 09:08:12 pm »
Okay I'm just gonna say one thing then dissapear into the night.  Red states tend to not care as much about mental health of the gun buyers

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2013, 11:10:35 pm »
Red states tend to not care as much about mental health in general.  Of course, blue states aren't that much better, however.