Author Topic: Good/bad anime thread  (Read 69864 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Good/bad anime thread
« Reply #225 on: August 08, 2014, 02:59:35 pm »
I'm just past the big victory and even though it is an old show this story seems rather fresh. The only other show that I remember showing the aftermath with all its problems  was Gurren Lagann.

Also, I don't remember if I have asked this before but there is this one anime movie that I saw years ago and would like to find again. The Finnish translation of the name was something like "Eleventh passenger" but I don't know what the original name is.

The basic idea was that ten (I think at least, actually the number might be different) captain-cadets are going on a final exam of some galactic space captain school and the exam is done as a team. The ten cadets are sent onto a derelict ship and must survive a set amount of time there. There are some complications though with the ship being rigged to explode and the fact that there is one more person on the vessel than there should be. (The eleventh passenger. Or 12th or 9th if I misremembered their numbers.)

It was rather good movie and I liked the story and characters but can't seem to find it anymore. (Since it was shown in Finnish TV it must have had some spread outside of Japan.)

(click to show/hide)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #226 on: August 08, 2014, 03:09:20 pm »
I'm just past the big victory and even though it is an old show this story seems rather fresh. The only other show that I remember showing the aftermath with all its problems  was Gurren Lagann.

Also, I don't remember if I have asked this before but there is this one anime movie that I saw years ago and would like to find again. The Finnish translation of the name was something like "Eleventh passenger" but I don't know what the original name is.

The basic idea was that ten (I think at least, actually the number might be different) captain-cadets are going on a final exam of some galactic space captain school and the exam is done as a team. The ten cadets are sent onto a derelict ship and must survive a set amount of time there. There are some complications though with the ship being rigged to explode and the fact that there is one more person on the vessel than there should be. (The eleventh passenger. Or 12th or 9th if I misremembered their numbers.)

It was rather good movie and I liked the story and characters but can't seem to find it anymore. (Since it was shown in Finnish TV it must have had some spread outside of Japan.)

(click to show/hide)

Sounds interesting.

Offline Iczerfour

• Spawn of Pinkamena and Flutterbat
  • Pope
  • Now won't you stop moving, interrupting's not nice
« Reply #227 on: August 09, 2014, 07:15:58 pm »
Watching Kill La Kill..   so far.. I LIKE IT!

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #228 on: August 09, 2014, 09:09:44 pm »
Watching SNK right now XD!!!!!!!!!

EREN IS SOOOO HOT (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ ∩(︶▽︶)∩

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #229 on: August 09, 2014, 09:18:48 pm »
Is Gintama as good as I've heard?
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #230 on: August 09, 2014, 09:41:27 pm »
I'm itching for Log Horizon season 2...
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #231 on: August 10, 2014, 07:09:25 am »
Watching Kill La Kill..   so far.. I LIKE IT!
It is a great show. Despite how ridiculous it is most of the time it manages to make some great scenes, some of which are even serious (although still way over the top.) It is easy to see that the Gurren Lagann crew did this anime as well.

And the Blumenkranz song is one of the best songs I've heard. It sounds epic and threatening (since it is being sung in German it sounds threatening to my ears which do not understand the language.) but when you read what the lyrics actually mean it is a rather touching and inspiring song.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline starseeker

• God
« Reply #232 on: August 10, 2014, 08:45:45 am »

(click to show/hide)

Is it this one?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/They_Were_Eleven

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #233 on: August 10, 2014, 10:01:37 am »

Is it this one?

Looks like it. YAY!

Cast: Stebe Blum, David Hayter...

Those guys are everywhere.

Offline starseeker

• God
« Reply #234 on: August 10, 2014, 10:35:34 am »

Is it this one?

Looks like it. YAY!

Cast: Stebe Blum, David Hayter...

Those guys are everywhere.

There's a subbed version available if you don't want to watch it dubbed.

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #235 on: August 10, 2014, 11:03:37 am »
I just got done binge-watching "Trigun" last night.

(click to show/hide)
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #236 on: August 10, 2014, 11:06:25 am »
If I can find either version.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #237 on: August 10, 2014, 11:32:50 am »

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

On the one hand, that explains both how they're able to cause and (in Vash's case) prevent such disasters. On the other hand, it somehow makes even less sense than the definition I was going with. Then again, I've never read the manga, so...yeah. And no, in the anime I don't remember
(click to show/hide)
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline starseeker

• God
« Reply #238 on: August 10, 2014, 12:50:55 pm »

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

BakaBTs got a dual audio version of it. 

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #239 on: August 10, 2014, 01:03:08 pm »
But no one appears to be seeding it.

Oh well, I'll also check if I can find it legally somewhere.

EDIT: Or I'll just watch it on Youtube.