Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 118037 times)

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #75 on: May 02, 2012, 11:11:37 am »
Someone needs to make that Star Wars movie.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Art Vandelay

« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2012, 08:53:17 pm »
At the very least, it couldn't be any worse than the prequels.

Offline Sleepy

• The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #77 on: May 15, 2012, 12:12:00 pm »
I had a dream last night that I was back in school. I looked at my schedule and had five classes, one of which I never signed up for during registration. I went to that class, and according to the professor, I was supposed to be a student aid for a particular person who had trouble with the material. Problem is, I didn't know who it was. The professor didn't tell me, the student didn't come forward, so I just left the classroom in the middle of lecture.

I appeared back at my high school. Apparently I wanted to take classes there for fun (what the HELL?). I talked to a woman about doing so, and she grabbed a piece of paper and wrote down a ton of stuff at breakneck speed. When she finished, she showed me a potential schedule that had me taking three high school classes per semester. Somehow, these classes would transfer to the college level and help me complete my degree even faster. Glancing over the classes, I saw MATH 200 written down and thought hell nooo, promptly telling the woman "no thanks" and leaving the school.

There was a scandal in there somewhere, too, but I can't remember it.

Edit: I just remembered what the scandal may've been. There were lots of people in the school who were missing hands. I don't know how they lost them, but it was an odd sight, seeing most people with a tapered wrist and nothing more.

Edit 2: Come to think of it, only males were missing hands. How sketchy.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 12:22:30 pm by Sleepy »

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #78 on: May 15, 2012, 08:39:57 pm »
I have recurring dreams of going back to High School just for shits and giggles too.  I wonder what it means?  Maybe that we want to go back to a simpler time in our lives?  Weird.

Offline Sleepy

• The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #79 on: May 15, 2012, 08:46:37 pm »
I'm sure it varies for everyone, since high school was definitely not a simpler time for me. Maybe it was in terms of learning material and family matters, but even then, shit was complicated. I'm much better off now.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #80 on: May 16, 2012, 08:14:59 pm »
Last night I dreamed I had a remote-controlled life sized skateboarder. Though I don't remember it, I apparently had it go through a hospital and kill everyone it came across. I later came back to the hospital and found it full of FBI agents (apparently I was in America) who were trying to find out who did it. I tried to make my RC skateboarder go inside, but the guy guarding the door said I couldn't drive it around inside, so I had to switch it off and carry it around. Funnily enough, even though the investigators knew that a life-sized remote-controlled skateboarder had done the deed, nobody batted an eyelid at me walking around the place while carrying my own life-sized remote-controlled skateboarder.

I then left and went to a park across the road, where my skateboarder disappeared and I was instead wearing a suit of armour. As it turns out, there were other people in suits of armour who were riding around the place on horses and jousting with any other knights they came across. I tried to acquire my own horse, but nobody would let me ride one, as they thought I'd end up killing more people. I then learned that all of the "horses" were in fact two guys in a horse costume. There was also something about stale food at some point.

Offline Spong Habsburg

• Apprentice
  • This is satire, right?
    • Hell yes!
« Reply #81 on: May 18, 2012, 05:25:30 pm »
Me and a group of friends were wandering through a near-deserted town in the middle of the night. We'd been walking for bloody ages looking for somewhere to spend the night, when we finally came across an old cathedral that had been converted in to a hotel. We thought about staying there, but it turned out that about half of the building was on fire. We decided that, since the building was mostly made of stone, the fire wouldn't spread very fast. So we found a room and slept there while the rest of the cathedral burned down.

When we woke up, the building was still on fire, but only a few rooms were engulfed by flames. We went to get some food at the nearby shop, and when we returned, the entire building was on fire. I wanted to leave, but my friends who were with me insisted that they liked the hotel/cathedral, and wanted to spend another night there (I can't remember why exactly). The dream ended with me and my friends pacing round the outside of the building, trying to find a door to any room that wasn't on fire, so that they could hang out there.
"The expression of polite horror on her face as it fell past mine, plus the sound of air whistling out of the top of her head, made me feel really crap."

If anyone's interested (probably not), I done gone and got a last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Oates_Moustache

Offline Sleepy

• The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #82 on: May 19, 2012, 01:45:18 pm »
Well, this one was mildly disturbing. There was a sudden shortage of food in the US, so people were gathering what they could and locking themselves indoors with family members. I went to the fridge and saw tons of lunch meat, which I grabbed and used to make myself a sandwich. My family was sprawled across the house, lying there hungry and lacking showers as if life had no meaning now. I heard about a terrible accident where twin infant girls had somehow been injured. I appeared in a hospital room and watched doctors as they operated on one of the infants. It was not a pleasant sight...they basically used a scalpel to chop off random pieces of the girl, thinking this was life-saving.

I was also at a gym at some point. The treadmills were quite intelligent. They would come over to you if called, so I called one over and began exercising on it. I began at a fairly fast jog and decreased the pace to a walk, embarrassed that I might slip and fall. I felt guilty that my treadmill may be blocking others who were trying to exercise here, so I eventually quit and tried to tell it to go find someone else.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #83 on: May 21, 2012, 08:15:13 pm »
Last night, I dreamt that I had leukemia. The treatment for this was shaving my head and applying a special skin cream. At one point, the disease caused my ear drums to fall out through my nose, which attracted a bunch of flesh-eating insects.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #84 on: May 21, 2012, 08:43:46 pm »
That invokes an interesting mental image...
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #85 on: May 21, 2012, 09:14:56 pm »
Try actually living in, even just in a dream. Not fun.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Normandy

• Pope
« Reply #86 on: May 28, 2012, 03:24:41 pm »
Last night I had a Pokemon-related dream.  I was at some sort of outdoor market and there was a stall selling old Gameboy games.  Looking through their items I saw a bunch of Pokemon games including Red, Blue, Silver, and Gold versions, and even a special Yellow version with a Pikachu on a Motorcycle on the cover.  I went back home to get some money to buy it, but when I got back the stall was gone. :( So disappointing.

Offline Spong Habsburg

• Apprentice
  • This is satire, right?
    • Hell yes!
« Reply #87 on: May 29, 2012, 04:44:47 pm »
Fucking hell, in my last dream I was on a train journey somewhere, and I looked out the window and smoke was billowing out of one of the carriages further up. Suddenly there was an announcement telling us that one of the carriages was on fire, but that the train would continue on it's journey until the fire got massively out of hand (ie three or more carriages were on fire), advising passengers to just move a bit further down the train if they wanted to avoid the fire.

This is the second dream I've had where common sense indicates: "If you spot a fire, just ignore it until it gets massively out of hand - evacuating the area is just a waste of time and it probably won't spread very quickly anyway so just make the most of the bits that aren't on fire because they won't be there forever" I would be fucking rubbish in an emergency situation.
"The expression of polite horror on her face as it fell past mine, plus the sound of air whistling out of the top of her head, made me feel really crap."

If anyone's interested (probably not), I done gone and got a last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Oates_Moustache

Art Vandelay

« Reply #88 on: May 30, 2012, 05:45:14 pm »
A while back I dreamed that I was a real life Pokemon trainer. I managed to get into a battle with a Magikarp, tried to send out my Snorlax but sent out Jolteon instead. Somehow I managed to get my ass handed to me. By a Magikarp. Against a Jolteon.

I think my sub-conscious is trying to tell me that I have self-esteem issues. That or I'd just make a shitty Pokemon trainer.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #89 on: May 30, 2012, 06:11:40 pm »
A Magikarp that could pwn a Jolteon... think of the Gyrados that critter would make...