Author Topic: Good person test video.  (Read 15290 times)

Offline e13

• The Beast
  • Fabulousity is at 100%!
Re: Good person test video.
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2012, 02:22:02 pm »
Am I the only one who thinks that what Jesus did in the bible wasn't a sacrifice? I mean he was tortured and put to death but then just went up to heaven to be with his sky daddy? Yeah sounds like a huuuge sacrifice. Wouldn't a bigger better sacrifice have been him saying I as the son of God will be put to death and be taken down to hell as a payment to Satan so the rest of the people on earth will be spared from that torment after they die? That to me sounds like a sacrifice.
Well, he was in Hell for three days, according to what I was taught. Those three days "destroyed the gates of Hell" and now allowed the act of reconciliation and service to allow one entry into heaven, without having to be a saint.

...Meh. He's Gawd. Three days of torment? Come on!  ;)

Just Having Some Tea, Hanging With My Friends...

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2012, 03:29:14 pm »
Yeah, This shit is so disgusting it actualy makes my teeth hurt.
They want to make people feel worthless and inferior, so they will be more easily manipulated.

Yeah.  Are you human and make mistakes?  Well you're a horrible person and deserves to be endlessly burned alive! 

This kind of theology makes me rage so hard.  I want to kick Ray Comforts smug, arrogant ass. 

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2012, 04:08:15 pm »
Anyone kind of freak out that you have to be mindraped by jesus in order to go to heaven?
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2012, 04:29:52 pm »
Anyone kind of freak out that you have to be mindraped by jesus in order to go to heaven?

So much for free will, eh? 

Offline D Laurier

• Bishop
  • Never trust a white man with power.
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2012, 06:14:38 pm »
Am I the only one who thinks that what Jesus did in the bible wasn't a sacrifice? I mean he was tortured and put to death but then just went up to heaven to be with his sky daddy? Yeah sounds like a huuuge sacrifice. Wouldn't a bigger better sacrifice have been him saying I as the son of God will be put to death and be taken down to hell as a payment to Satan so the rest of the people on earth will be spared from that torment after they die? That to me sounds like a sacrifice.
Odin tore out his own eye, and made sure it would never heal, as his sacrifice to save us all from the eternal winter of Ragnarok.
Cable (or satelite) TV is like paying someone to projectile poop all over your brain.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2012, 06:48:29 pm »
The Odinic pantheon: far more badass than the Christian pantheon.  Their heaven also kicks more ass...who wouldn't want to spend the time until Ragnarok feasting, drinking, fucking, and getting into bar fights with Thor?
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2012, 06:53:05 pm »
The Odinic pantheon: far more badass than the Christian pantheon.  Their heaven also kicks more ass...who wouldn't want to spend the time until Ragnarok feasting, drinking, fucking, and getting into bar fights with Thor?

Me.  Thor's an ass and dumber then a box of Skyfires.

Ironbite-now Shiva...that's who you wanna hang out with for all eternity.

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2012, 08:12:11 pm »

Shiva is an interesting god. His wife is essentially a manifestation of himself, and she has many manifestation of herself. In some older traditions, Shiva is both male and female. And here's one of his wife:

And the Æsirs tend to be jackasses in comparison to the Vanir. Also the old Germanic folks could chose to go to Hel in Nilfheim if they wanted too.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline e13

• The Beast
  • Fabulousity is at 100%!
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2012, 11:38:20 pm »

Thor was a bore, but I wouldn't call him an ass. At least not with the mythology I've read. /offtopic

Just Having Some Tea, Hanging With My Friends...

Art Vandelay

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2012, 03:22:57 am »
On the contrary, that sounds really shitty. Like being stuck in a bar full of frustrated boguns.

I say get rid of the fighting and drinking and replace it with gaming and lightning fast internet. That would be a truly kick ass heaven.

Offline myusername

• Bishop
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2012, 06:43:42 pm »
Isn't the commandment thou shalt not bear false witness, not you shall not lie per se? They don't seem like exactly the same thing to me anyway. Bearing false witness is more something like perjury.

Offline Wurdulac

• Neonate
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2012, 12:10:18 am »
On that note, "taking the lord's name in vain" applied more to swearing to their god without meaning it; "I swear to God, I didn't know she was your girlfriend", that sort of thing.

Also, am I the only one who expected the video was a parody?  The whole time I was waiting for the protagonist to point out how absurd it is to judge someone based on their thoughts which they have no real control over, or that the whole damn thing is a fucking joke.  An extremely unfunny, extremely harmful joke.
Then again, I could be wrong.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2012, 01:11:41 am »
Isn't the commandment thou shalt not bear false witness, not you shall not lie per se? They don't seem like exactly the same thing to me anyway. Bearing false witness is more something like perjury.

I thought it depended on the translation.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Smurfette Principle

• Will Blind You With Library Science!
  • The Beast
  • Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2012, 01:19:10 am »
Well, he was in Hell for three days, according to what I was taught. Those three days "destroyed the gates of Hell" and now allowed the act of reconciliation and service to allow one entry into heaven, without having to be a saint.

...Meh. He's Gawd. Three days of torment? Come on!  ;)

I was taught that those three days were his entire punishment for absorbing all the sin in the world. If he was only punished for three days for the sins of every person past and present, then shouldn't humans only be in hell for, like, two seconds?

QueenofHearts

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2012, 02:52:13 pm »

I think the real sacrifice is the Judas paradox. Jesus had to come to Earth and died for our sins, suffer for a few hours, and die. Were it not for Judas, Jesus would never have died for atonement of our sins. Jesus suffers physically for a few hours, Judas is in hell for almost 2000 years. In spite of this, we worship Jesus for his suffering in the role of our atonement while ignoring the greater suffering on the part of Judas (completely ignoring the fact that the entire series of events was pre-determined and Judas was nothing but a pawn in God's plan for Jesus' crucifixion).

Of course, assuming the Christian interpretation of history is correct.