Author Topic: Awesome Protest Signs  (Read 608199 times)

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: Awesome Protest Signs
« Reply #2805 on: November 18, 2015, 08:58:56 pm »
Careful, some red piller might drive by and shoot ya, yellin' "False Flag, rag heads!"
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #2806 on: November 20, 2015, 12:42:06 pm »

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2807 on: November 23, 2015, 03:32:29 am »

That is probably a biased source and without checking I can't claim that there aren't Democrats who voted against the proposition. ...I still think think it's funny that the pro-war and pro-life party opposes propositions that would help the health of citizens in general and veterans in particular.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #2808 on: November 23, 2015, 03:47:56 am »
Heh, so much for "Support Our Troops," then.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #2809 on: November 23, 2015, 04:01:14 am »
They support em while they're fighting and killing and spilling blood. They probably think the troops are too boring to support when they're at home and not killing anything like "good soldiers do".
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2810 on: November 23, 2015, 04:11:38 am »
There were claims that the "bill was a poison bill" with Democrats attaching all kinds of bullshit to it ans that was why Republicans voted against it.

Someone also claimed that actually there were no such riders on the bill and the reason why Republicans voted against is that they wanted to add Iran sanctions to the bill and when these were refused they threw a hissy fit.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/113th-congress/senate-bill/1982 In case you want to read through it and see what it really said. I'm lazy and there's like 61 amendments added to it (because 'Murican politics.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #2811 on: November 23, 2015, 10:59:34 am »
Really Mccain voted for that? I figured him being an ex military guy would support the troops somewhat.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #2812 on: November 23, 2015, 11:13:30 am »
Lots of good legislation gets drowned by the weight of partisan amendments and also just to thwart the Dems from "winning" at anything at all, even a bill that the GOP would support fully when they make their own version of it. "The Party of No", Stealing their thunder. This bill was originally introduced by Bernie Sanders and Harry Reid. It's why this truly is the worst Congress not just so far in US history, but the worst anyone could even imagine since the Secessionists at the start of the Civil War.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 11:16:17 am by mellenORL »
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2813 on: November 24, 2015, 02:16:33 am »

John Oliver's Last week tonight is an awesome show.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #2814 on: November 24, 2015, 11:51:30 am »
Found it last week (a week ago today, oddly enough) and hage been binge-watching the fuck out of what's on youtube. And yeah, that sums up my opinion.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #2815 on: November 25, 2015, 05:18:32 pm »

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #2816 on: November 26, 2015, 02:06:28 am »
*snip*

Thanksgiving was about cooperation between the settlers and the natives though...

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2817 on: November 26, 2015, 02:49:31 am »
*snip*

Thanksgiving was about cooperation between the settlers and the natives though...
But the celebration is about the time when the settlers came in and took over the place. ...The fact that the natives welcomed them into the country without realizing that they signed their own death warrants just means that it is the perfect example for the racists who claim that liberals are doing the same now that Muslims are "invading" the west.

...I kinda wish that someone would actually use it as an example of destructive invaders who subvert the local culture, wipe out any opposition and take over the land. But I suppose having (mainly) white people as the bad guys does not fit the narrative that the racists are trying to create.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #2818 on: November 28, 2015, 12:32:58 pm »

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #2819 on: November 28, 2015, 01:24:38 pm »

That's the oddest picture of Edison I've ever seen.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".