Author Topic: Rick Scott Allows Guns at GOP convention  (Read 5027 times)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
Rick Scott Allows Guns at GOP convention
« on: May 03, 2012, 07:27:54 pm »
To... to what? 'Protect citizens' from 'protest'.

Florida Gov. Rick Scott (R) has officially rejected a proposal by the city of Tampa to limit firearms outside the Republican National Convention in Florida later this year.

Last week, the Tampa City Council formally asked Scott to use his executive power to temporarily suspend a state law that prevents local governments from regulating guns.

The council has already issued a citywide ban on items like pieces of wood, switchblades, slingshots, containers of bodily fluids and even squirt guns. A so-called “Clean Zone” around the convention area would prohibit string longer than six inches, glass containers, light bulbs, portable shields and gas masks. A smaller protest area would prevent demonstrators from having camping gear, bottles, cans and umbrellas. The Secret Service has said that only law enforcement will be able to carry firearms inside of the convention center.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/05/02/rick-scott-allows-guns-at-gop-convention-to-protect-citizens-from-protests/

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Rick Scott Allows Guns at GOP convention
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 07:40:11 pm »
.....IS HE STUPID!?

QueenofHearts

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 08:58:38 pm »
When I first read the title, I thought for sure it meant in the Republican Convention and then I had a thought of a Ron Paul delegate at the convention jumping up, yelling "sic semper tyrannous," and shooting Romney. The more I think of it, the more realistic it seems that it will happen come August.

Although didn't Florida learn the unrestricted gun laws and armed citizens can cause problems. There was kind of a big story in the news recently about such laws and their inadvertent affects on innocent people.

Offline m52nickerson

• Polish Viking
  • The Beast
  • Winning by flying omoplata!
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 09:46:24 pm »
I a strange way, I like this move since it was the rest of the GOP in Florida screaming to ban guns from outside the convention.  I guess the right was worried about an armed group of liberals.  That's funny!
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. ~Macbeth

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 10:53:57 pm »
Yeah, squirt guns are banned, but real guns are ok.  I give up on understanding people...I'm ok with the allowing of guns at the convention it's just that I don't see the logic behind banning squirt guns, which are way more safer than real guns.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 11:01:08 pm by nickiknack »

Offline CaseAgainstFaith

• Pope
  • Smartass with a Dunce Hat
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 10:54:36 pm »
I think I'm going to need to buy more popcorn.
Reasoning with a fundie is like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it is victorious - Anonymous
Let us drink like dwarves; Smoke like wizards and party like hobbits!

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 11:05:21 pm »
...well, I'd better make more popcorn and get some more Mountain Dew. I wonder if I can get some good pizza rolls somewhere.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2012, 03:43:29 am »
Yeah, squirt guns are banned, but real guns are ok.  I give up on understanding people...I'm ok with the allowing of guns at the convention it's just that I don't see the logic behind banning squirt guns, which are way more safer than real guns.

The logic is painfully simple. Real guns are a constitutional right in America. Hence banning real guns violates a citizens constitutional right to be a well armed militia. However, water guns and other toy guns are not a constitutional right and hence can be banned. Personally, when a situation like this arises it makes me shake my head at how stupid the American gun laws are.

Offline armandtanzarian

• God
  • Sad tropical monkey
    • My band's music
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2012, 08:51:58 am »
Shall we place bets on a shooting "accident"?

Cruel I know, but not like those fuckers will afford us any courtesy either.

Offline speshuled67

• Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2012, 10:08:21 am »
.....IS HE STUPID!?

short answer, yes

long answer, hell the fuck yes.

to their credit the tampa city council is actively attempting to ban guns from around the convention center, but florida state law
(which appears to be sponsored by this man
(click to show/hide)
threatens the council with fines or impeachment if they pass a ban...

i love my state.  :-\
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 10:15:39 am by speshuled67 »
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”

-Isaac Asimov

Offline TigerHunter

• Bishop
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2012, 09:41:16 pm »
It's probably less of a safety issue and more of a preventing-people-from-hosing-down-politicians issue.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2012, 10:57:49 pm »
Yes, lets invite people to a political convention openly allowing guns. *facepalm*
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2012, 11:31:18 pm »
There's absolutely nothing that can go wrong with this.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2012, 01:50:32 am »
.....IS HE STUPID!?
...did you have to ask?

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2012, 05:59:46 am »
Scott was a raving nutcase since day one.  I still don't understand how Sink lost that election.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"