Author Topic: The Trial of George Zimmerman  (Read 65638 times)

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
Re: The Trial of George Zimmerman
« Reply #120 on: July 05, 2013, 10:43:50 pm »
That picture of his injuries IS consistent with a single blow to the face.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline m52nickerson

• Polish Viking
  • The Beast
  • Winning by flying omoplata!
« Reply #121 on: July 05, 2013, 10:50:02 pm »
That picture of his injuries IS consistent with a single blow to the face.

Could be, or it could be a couple shots.  Martin being on top of Zimmerman that throwing punches does not mean Zimmerman was not trying to defend himself and all of Martin's blows where landing.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. ~Macbeth

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #122 on: July 05, 2013, 11:20:57 pm »
Same evidence, I'm fully convinced of his guilt.

Ironbite-what reason could you have that Martin was up to no good anyways?

There had been break-in in that community in the recent past. 

Thing is Zimmerman was not breaking any laws approaching Martin and asking him what he was doing.  So it comes down to who started the fight.  The single eye witness did not see the start of the fight.  The young women on the phone with Martin on the type has not way of knowing who started the fight.  So you are left with Zimmerman's story.  Yes, he may have started it.  I think he probably did, but not beyond a reasonable doubt.

It's important to remember that most condo and townhouse complexes are middle class + income level, and almost always mixed race and ethnicity in large towns and cities in Florida. There is nothing out of the ordinary for a complex  here full of middle aged, middle income home owners to also have quite a few kids and teens walking around. Hispanic kids, black kids, white kids. They all live in these communities. Zimmerman had no more reason in fact to follow Martin than any other teen living there, regardless of the recent burglaries, which are also done by white and Hispanic criminals.

Sanford is especially diverse, and 25% of the population is under 18.
http://www.florida-demographics.com/sanford-demographics

Also, on a "lighter" note....wanna-be's are no longer tolerated in central FL. :o
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-gun-hoa-threaten-resident-20130705,0,3300958.story
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline m52nickerson

• Polish Viking
  • The Beast
« Reply #123 on: July 06, 2013, 12:12:39 am »
Zimmerman had no more reason in fact to follow Martin than any other teen living there, regardless of the recent burglaries, which are also done by white and Hispanic criminals.

I believe in the police call Zimmerman said Martin was acting suspicious, and did not identify him as black.  Regardless of his reasoning following Martin was not illegal. 
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. ~Macbeth

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #124 on: July 06, 2013, 12:17:40 am »
Zimmerman had no more reason in fact to follow Martin than any other teen living there, regardless of the recent burglaries, which are also done by white and Hispanic criminals.

I believe in the police call Zimmerman said Martin was acting suspicious, and did not identify him as black.  Regardless of his reasoning following Martin was not illegal.
I'm not sure of that. I was pretty sure it was illegal to follow someone without their consent without being a law enforcement officer.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #125 on: July 06, 2013, 12:43:21 am »
Oh no a bloody nose totally indicative of someone trying to kill him instead of punching him once.

That picture entirely supports the medical examiner's testimony.  Unless you have evidence of more attacks as can be seen in that picture, then the medical examiner is currently the most reliable testimony, since the evidence actually supports it.

Sorry, nickerson, but I think you're stretching a little too hard to try to play Devil's Advocate.

Furthermore, I would like to point out one thing: There is one incident of Stand Your Ground that actually should've applied.  A black woman was being attacked by a bunch of men.  She shot her gun a few times as a warning shot.  She didn't even kill anybody.  She was convicted for 20 years.  So if Zimmerman gets acquitted, then I'm giving up all hope for Florida.

Additionally: Unlike in Phoenix Wright, Eyewitness testimony is unreliable.  In fact, it's the least reliable form of evidence that can be presented in court.  It was dark.  It's hard to see who is who in that situation.  And, guess what?  MEMORY IS FALLIBLE.  Especially during intense situations. And it's also easily tainted by suggestion.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 12:51:10 am by Magus Silveresti »
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #126 on: July 06, 2013, 08:07:04 am »
Like homosexuality, Magnus is in the wrong here.  The lady in question fired a warning shot at her abusive ex-husband who had broken a CPO.

Ironbite-another instance of the Liberal agenda getting "facts" wrong

Offline m52nickerson

• Polish Viking
  • The Beast
« Reply #127 on: July 06, 2013, 11:04:51 am »
Oh no a bloody nose totally indicative of someone trying to kill him instead of punching him once.

That picture entirely supports the medical examiner's testimony.  Unless you have evidence of more attacks as can be seen in that picture, then the medical examiner is currently the most reliable testimony, since the evidence actually supports it.

Sorry, nickerson, but I think you're stretching a little too hard to try to play Devil's Advocate.

Furthermore, I would like to point out one thing: There is one incident of Stand Your Ground that actually should've applied.  A black woman was being attacked by a bunch of men.  She shot her gun a few times as a warning shot.  She didn't even kill anybody.  She was convicted for 20 years.  So if Zimmerman gets acquitted, then I'm giving up all hope for Florida.

Additionally: Unlike in Phoenix Wright, Eyewitness testimony is unreliable.  In fact, it's the least reliable form of evidence that can be presented in court.  It was dark.  It's hard to see who is who in that situation.  And, guess what?  MEMORY IS FALLIBLE.  Especially during intense situations. And it's also easily tainted by suggestion.

The cuts on the back of Zimmerman's head, the detective testifying Zimmerman's back was wet from being on the grass both support the eye witness testimony. 

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #128 on: July 06, 2013, 11:06:19 am »

The cuts on the back of Zimmerman's head, the detective testifying Zimmerman's back was wet from being on the grass both support the eye witness testimony.

....what? That proves that Zimmerman was on his back and his head hit the curb. Meaning exactly what we said.

You're not even playing Devil's Advocate here. Now you're just ignoring people to avoid admitting that you might be wrong.

Offline m52nickerson

• Polish Viking
  • The Beast
« Reply #129 on: July 06, 2013, 11:13:45 am »
You're not even playing Devil's Advocate here. Now you're just ignoring people to avoid admitting that you might be wrong.

It also supports what the witness saw.  His testimony may not be a reliable as the medical examiner but it is going to depend on what the jury puts more stock in.

I'm not sure of that. I was pretty sure it was illegal to follow someone without their consent without being a law enforcement officer.

Under which law?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 11:17:39 am by m52nickerson »

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #130 on: July 06, 2013, 12:38:26 pm »
Stalking.

Offline m52nickerson

• Polish Viking
  • The Beast
« Reply #131 on: July 06, 2013, 04:10:09 pm »
Stalking.

From Florida Statute:

"(2) A person who willfully, maliciously, and repeatedly follows, harasses, or cyberstalks another person commits the offense of stalking, a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083."

For it to be stalking it has to be repeat.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #132 on: July 06, 2013, 06:59:59 pm »

It also supports what the witness saw.  His testimony may not be a reliable as the medical examiner but it is going to depend on what the jury puts more stock in.

It only supports what the witness claimed to have seen in the most barest sense. The actual testimony of the medical examiner indicates that either Zimmerman was lying or Martin wasn't even bitch slapping him.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #133 on: July 06, 2013, 07:33:14 pm »
Stalking.

From Florida Statute:

"(2) A person who willfully, maliciously, and repeatedly follows, harasses, or cyberstalks another person commits the offense of stalking, a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083."

I'm not seeing the word repeat there nickerson.

Ironbite-are you Zimmerman's lawyer or something?

Offline m52nickerson

• Polish Viking
  • The Beast
« Reply #134 on: July 06, 2013, 07:37:26 pm »
Stalking.

From Florida Statute:

I'm not seeing the word repeat there nickerson.

Ironbite-are you Zimmerman's lawyer or something?

A person who willfully, maliciously, and repeatedly follows, harasses, or cyberstalks another person commits the offense of stalking, a misdemeanor of the first degree.

No, I'm not his lawyer.  I think a lot of people are going to wonder how he could be acquitted if he is.  Which is a good possibility since the prosecutions case is not that strong and the defense has not even started theirs. 

The problem is not going to be the court, or the jury but the laws in Florida.