Author Topic: The Trial of George Zimmerman  (Read 65678 times)

Offline m52nickerson

• Polish Viking
  • The Beast
  • Winning by flying omoplata!
Re: The Trial of George Zimmerman
« Reply #135 on: July 06, 2013, 07:42:15 pm »
It only supports what the witness claimed to have seen in the most barest sense. The actual testimony of the medical examiner indicates that either Zimmerman was lying or Martin wasn't even bitch slapping him.

Just because Martin was throwing punches does not mean they were connecting.  You would expect someone with some training knowing how to protect themselves.  In fact had Martin been landing clean blows Zimmerman most likely would have been to dazed to reach for his gun.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. ~Macbeth

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #136 on: July 06, 2013, 07:42:43 pm »
I'm...not sure how I didn't see that word.  Like at all.  Just completely glazed over it.

Ironbite-still.....Zimmerman might still go down if his lawyer spends the whole time telling knock-knock jokes.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #137 on: July 06, 2013, 07:56:23 pm »
It only supports what the witness claimed to have seen in the most barest sense. The actual testimony of the medical examiner indicates that either Zimmerman was lying or Martin wasn't even bitch slapping him.

Just because Martin was throwing punches does not mean they were connecting.  You would expect someone with some training knowing how to protect themselves.  In fact had Martin been landing clean blows Zimmerman most likely would have been to dazed to reach for his gun.

You're still acting under the belief that Martin was repeatedly punching Zimmerman. You're taking a notoriously unreliable eyewitness statement as fact.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline m52nickerson

• Polish Viking
  • The Beast
« Reply #138 on: July 06, 2013, 09:23:25 pm »
I'm...not sure how I didn't see that word.  Like at all.  Just completely glazed over it.

Ironbite-still.....Zimmerman might still go down if his lawyer spends the whole time telling knock-knock jokes.

No problem.

I have been watching that trial, when I have time.  So far the defense has been doing a very good job.  Knock - knock jokes not withstanding.

You're still acting under the belief that Martin was repeatedly punching Zimmerman. You're taking a notoriously unreliable eyewitness statement as fact.

I have little doubt that Martin was on top of Zimmerman and trying to punch him.  As I said the medical examiners testimony does not disprove this.  Zimmerman getting punched once flush does not mean Martin only threw a single punch.  Before the end the defense is going to frame this as I did, if they don't call their own expert.

The eyewitnesses story has not changed since he gave his statement to the police right after the shooting happened.  So I will put more stock in someone that was there than a medical examiner working off pictures.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 09:29:05 pm by m52nickerson »
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. ~Macbeth

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #139 on: July 06, 2013, 10:16:32 pm »
As has already been stated, witness testimonies are highly unreliable.  Just because the testimony hasn't changed doesn't mean that it's any more reliable.  Once someone becomes convinced of something, it's easy to keep them convinced of something.

So, a professional who has seen these kinds of wounds before has less clout than a random witness who has no evidence to actually corroborate his story.  That seems entirely messed up to me.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline m52nickerson

• Polish Viking
  • The Beast
« Reply #140 on: July 06, 2013, 11:15:24 pm »
As has already been stated, witness testimonies are highly unreliable.  Just because the testimony hasn't changed doesn't mean that it's any more reliable.  Once someone becomes convinced of something, it's easy to keep them convinced of something.

So, a professional who has seen these kinds of wounds before has less clout than a random witness who has no evidence to actually corroborate his story.  That seems entirely messed up to me.

Watch some MMA.  I've seen guys get hit one good time and look much worse than Zimmerman.  I've also seen guys take punches to the face for the better part of 25 minutes and not even look like they were in a fight.

...and to mention it again just because Martin was on top of Zimmerman and throwing punches does not mean he was connecting. 

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #141 on: July 07, 2013, 12:48:26 am »
And to mention it yet again, witness testimony is the least reliable form of evidence.  Not to mention, witnesses can lie, even when under oath.

I mean the media has lied about Trayvon being a "thug" and a "wannabe gangster", despite full evidence to the contrary.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #142 on: July 07, 2013, 12:55:23 am »

Watch some MMA.  I've seen guys get hit one good time and look much worse than Zimmerman.  I've also seen guys take punches to the face for the better part of 25 minutes and not even look like they were in a fight.

...and to mention it again just because Martin was on top of Zimmerman and throwing punches does not mean he was connecting.

MMA is NOT a good example of the variables in a fight. Zimmerman has a detailed, brightly lit photo showing his facial injuries. He seriously looks like he took exactly one punch to the bridge of the nose, with barely any marks on the rest of his face that can conclusively be called the results of injury or bad complexion.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #143 on: July 07, 2013, 01:42:50 pm »
http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/david/zimmerman-lawyer-urges-trayvons-mom-admit-he

Zimmerman's lawyer tried to make Martin's mother say that her son caused his own death... He tried to weasel her into saying that her son's death was his own fault...

I do not like that lawyer.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #144 on: July 07, 2013, 01:47:44 pm »
http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/david/zimmerman-lawyer-urges-trayvons-mom-admit-he

Zimmerman's lawyer tried to make Martin's mother say that her son caused his own death... He tried to weasel her into saying that her son's death was his own fault...

That lawyer can go to hell and should be sued for emotional anguish.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #145 on: July 07, 2013, 02:40:39 pm »

That lawyer can go to hell and should be sued for emotional anguish.

I'm surprised the prosecution didn't object to that. It pretty clearly fits the definition of badgering the witness (legal argument posed as a question). Even if you could argue otherwise, it ALSO fits the definition of a leading question. Both are objectionable courtroom antics.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #146 on: July 07, 2013, 03:52:03 pm »
Maybe the prosecution is hoping if the defense is an asshole that she looks better . 

Offline m52nickerson

• Polish Viking
  • The Beast
« Reply #147 on: July 07, 2013, 04:38:52 pm »
And to mention it yet again, witness testimony is the least reliable form of evidence.  Not to mention, witnesses can lie, even when under oath.

I mean the media has lied about Trayvon being a "thug" and a "wannabe gangster", despite full evidence to the contrary.

Eye witness testimony can be unreliable and they can lie.  That does not mean this witness did.  It is all going to come down what the jury puts more stock in. 

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #148 on: July 07, 2013, 04:47:37 pm »

Eye witness testimony can be unreliable and they can lie.  That does not mean this witness did.  It is all going to come down what the jury puts more stock in. 

So where's the evidence supporting the eye witness testimony that doesn't lend more support to the medical examiner's testimony?

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #149 on: July 07, 2013, 05:51:51 pm »
Maybe the prosecution is hoping if the defense is an asshole that she looks better .
That is a good point. If you shut down an asshole early, he looks like a minor asshole. If you let him keep going, he exposes him for the Todd Akin he is.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.