Author Topic: The Trial of George Zimmerman  (Read 65667 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: The Trial of George Zimmerman
« Reply #240 on: July 14, 2013, 02:24:34 am »
Oh, don't you all worry. Zimmerman will get what is coming to him. With all the anger going down in Florida, there is no chance that he will live through it.

George Zimmerman will die a pathetic death. And that's good enough for me.
NO! Vigilantism is bad and what he deserves is a sentence of jail time not some angry mob lynching him.

If this really sparks riots or even worse vigilantism it will make the situation worse for everyone. It will help the racists who claim that blacks are violent and unruly. It will validate the people who support vigilantism in the way Zimmerman was doing it.

And worst of all it will mean more blood on the streets. Riots from cases like this will spread and people forget the original purpose as they use this excuse to riot and steal and maybe even attack everyone they see as a threat.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
« Reply #241 on: July 14, 2013, 02:27:25 am »
Oh, don't you all worry. Zimmerman will get what is coming to him. With all the anger going down in Florida, there is no chance that he will live through it.

NO! Vigilantism is bad and what he deserves is a sentence of jail time not some angry mob lynching him.

If this really sparks riots or even worse vigilantism it will make the situation worse for everyone. It will help the racists who claim that blacks are violent and unruly. It will validate the people who support vigilantism in the way Zimmerman was doing it.

And worst of all it will mean more blood on the streets. Riots from cases like this will spread and people forget the original purpose as they use this excuse to riot and steal and maybe even attack everyone they see as a threat.
We really do NOT want another Rodney King riots. Everyone suffers.
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #242 on: July 14, 2013, 02:49:22 am »

Fun for the whole family!

I could get BINGO from tumblr in the past two hours.

I've had one argument with a few people who know a friend's brother (including his uncle or something, I don't know). Let's play:

You're racist against white people: Nope.
Derails with hypotheticals: Nope (surprisingly).
Not everything is so simple: Sort of. I got a couple accusations of ignoring evidence.
He was acting in self-defense: Yup. The main crux of their argument, in fact. Complete with ignoring me pointing out the actual events as best we understand them.
The media chose to portray Trayvon as a child: Nope, but I bet it would have gone that way had I not walked away when I realized that they weren't addressing my points and were going in circles instead.
The justice system works: Yup. With those exact words, in fact.
They were both at fault: Hinted, but not outright.
The Jury decided: Yup.
Zimmerman followed his instincts: Yup.
You're overreacting: Surprisingly, no.
Zimmerman was Hispanic, so he can't be white: Yes and no. No references to him being Hispanic, but a claim that he allegedly mentored black kids... at something. All they said was that he "mentored black kids." At what? I have no idea.
Trayvon could have killed him: Yup.
Assorted racial slur free space: Surprisingly, no.
You didn't even know him: Yup. In fact, the last thing someone posted was responding to me saying "how can you not see this" with "because I wasn't there."
Think about how Zimmerman must be feeling: Nope.
Brings up literally anything about Trayvon's character: Surprisingly, no.
Blames Trayvon's appearance: Is there any truth to the claim that he fit the description of the person who burglarized a few house in that neighborhood? If so, I at least understand using this argument, despite it being a stupid argument.
Stop making everything about race: Yup.
Disregards 911 dispatch call: Mostly. They acknowledged the call's existence, but claimed that they didn't tell him not to pursue. They only told him "it wasn't necessary."
Why do you only care about this one case: Yup.
Misconstrued MLK quote: Nope.
You're just as bad for what you're saying about Zimmerman: Sort of. One guy, ignoring all of my other points, got pissy over me pointing out that Zimmerman had no reason to be carrying a gun that night.
The trial wasn't about whether or not he killed him: Nope.
You just like acting mad: Surprisingly, no.
Don't be mad at Zimmerman, be mad at [blank]: Surprisingly, no.

Also, do I get bonus points for the point of "The case is closed, deal with it!"?
Who needs a signature?

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #243 on: July 14, 2013, 02:57:26 am »

I don't want riots. I really really don't.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #244 on: July 14, 2013, 03:00:24 am »
Funny.

This has taught me that expecting the worst can still leave you disappointed when it actually happens.

There is no preparing for this kinda shit it seems.

Well, nice to know that when a black woman fires a gun into the air to scare someone, it earns her 20 years in prison, but outright killing a black teenager armed with skittles and a can of iced tea doesn't just let you go scot free, but you get hailed as a hero by a whole bunch of sheeple.

Of course, the prosecution might've actually had a case if the police had actually done their job and investigated the crime scene instead of drug testing Trayvon, patching Zimmerman's wounds, and sending him home.

Also, why the fuck didn't the defense have to prove it was self defense?  Almost every other state I know of requires you to prove it's self defense, but in this case it was somehow assumed.  That's stupid.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #245 on: July 14, 2013, 03:02:48 am »
Its obvious that no conventional justice is gonna happen here. That is why I have concluded that the only way he's ever gonna pay for his actions is through laser guided karma.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #246 on: July 14, 2013, 03:19:43 am »

Spain take florida back

Confiscate Disney World. They don't deserve to keep the "happiest place on earth".

Force Spain to pay a refund for it.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline cheese007

• Bishop
« Reply #247 on: July 14, 2013, 03:27:16 am »

I could get fucking blackout in 30 seconds from just one of the multitude of Reddit threads on the matter.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #248 on: July 14, 2013, 03:34:29 am »
Also, why the fuck didn't the defense have to prove it was self defense?  Almost every other state I know of requires you to prove it's self defense, but in this case it was somehow assumed.  That's stupid.

Because it went to a jury. The jury doesn't understand law or the court procedure. They get told two conflicting stories and are told to pick which one they like best.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #249 on: July 14, 2013, 03:37:12 am »

I could get fucking blackout in 30 seconds from just one of the multitude of Reddit threads on the matter.

The RR thread hits most of them on its first page.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #250 on: July 14, 2013, 04:58:52 am »
One of Zimmerman's relatives has posted an IAmA thread on Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1i9k6e/iama_close_relative_of_george_zimmerman_i_was/
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline cheese007

• Bishop
« Reply #251 on: July 14, 2013, 05:09:26 am »
Yeah, that's not gonna help at all...

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #252 on: July 14, 2013, 05:16:58 am »
One of Zimmerman's relatives has posted an IAmA thread on Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1i9k6e/iama_close_relative_of_george_zimmerman_i_was/

"Edit: God damn it guys, stop pming and asking about whether George would rather get into a fight with 100 duck sized horses or a horse sized duck. I do not fucking know. Let's keep this about Rampart."

Offline cheese007

• Bishop
« Reply #253 on: July 14, 2013, 05:30:15 am »
I just hope the shockingly large group of Reddit racists don't latch on to that thread.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #254 on: July 14, 2013, 05:49:52 am »
I just hope the shockingly large group of Reddit racists don't latch on to that thread.

Stop hoping.