Author Topic: The Trial of George Zimmerman  (Read 65627 times)

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
Re: The Trial of George Zimmerman
« Reply #270 on: July 14, 2013, 04:17:35 pm »
A manslaughter conviction would have been much easier. Zimmerman pretty obviously acted recklessly: he aggressively followed a teenager who was alone at night without identifying himself. While Martin was pretty dumb to confront and punch him over that, he was very justifiably intimidated by Zimmerman. While Martin stated the actual fight, Zimmerman was the one whose own stupid intimidation and ignoring of the police got him in trouble in the first place.

Thing is the defense did a good job of raising doubt that Zimmerman followed Martin.  Remember Zimmerman said he was looking for a street sign.  With that in doubt so to was the manslaughter conviction.

Looking for a street sign in his own neighbourhood, eh? Where he served as neighbourhood watch...
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #271 on: July 14, 2013, 04:28:48 pm »
I just read some fuckwit say that the whole thing was a "show trial" and the only reason why George Zimmerman was charged was because he was white and Trayvon Martin was black.

What parallel universe is this motherfucker living in?
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #272 on: July 14, 2013, 04:35:48 pm »
A manslaughter conviction would have been much easier. Zimmerman pretty obviously acted recklessly: he aggressively followed a teenager who was alone at night without identifying himself. While Martin was pretty dumb to confront and punch him over that, he was very justifiably intimidated by Zimmerman. While Martin stated the actual fight, Zimmerman was the one whose own stupid intimidation and ignoring of the police got him in trouble in the first place.

Thing is the defense did a good job of raising doubt that Zimmerman followed Martin.  Remember Zimmerman said he was looking for a street sign.  With that in doubt so to was the manslaughter conviction.

What? No they didn't. The call he made to Sanford police completely indicates that he was following Martin. Allow me to provide a direct quote:

Dispatcher: Are you following him?
Zimmerman: Yeah.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline m52nickerson

• Polish Viking
  • The Beast
  • Winning by flying omoplata!
« Reply #273 on: July 14, 2013, 04:35:48 pm »
Looking for a street sign in his own neighbourhood, eh? Where he served as neighbourhood watch...

Some times being a dumbass is a defense.  While it was reported Zimmerman was part of the neighborhood watch there was no evidence to that fact, nor evidence that Zimmerman patrolled the housing complex.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. ~Macbeth

Offline m52nickerson

• Polish Viking
  • The Beast
« Reply #274 on: July 14, 2013, 04:38:21 pm »
What? No they didn't. The call he made to Sanford police completely indicates that he was following Martin. Allow me to provide a direct quote:

Dispatcher: Are you following him?
Zimmerman: Yeah.

What was the next part to that call?  The dispatched told him he did not need to do that and Zimmerman responded okay.  He than indicated he was looking for the street name and to have the officer call him when he arrived in the area.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. ~Macbeth

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #275 on: July 14, 2013, 04:42:20 pm »

Some times being a dumbass is a defense.  While it was reported Zimmerman was part of the neighborhood watch there was no evidence to that fact, nor evidence that Zimmerman patrolled the housing complex.

Zimmerman was the neighborhood watch coordinator according to Wendy Dorival, who was the program's organizer for the Sanford PD.

Seriously, are you actually reading anything? It's like you don't even bother Googling this case.

What was the next part to that call?  The dispatched told him he did not need to do that and Zimmerman responded okay.  He than indicated he was looking for the street name and to have the officer call him when he arrived in the area.

Red herring. You claimed that there was no evidence that Zimmerman was following Martin. I provided a direct quote from Zimmerman himself that states that he was. You were wrong, plain and simple.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline m52nickerson

• Polish Viking
  • The Beast
« Reply #276 on: July 14, 2013, 05:00:15 pm »
Zimmerman was the neighborhood watch coordinator according to Wendy Dorival, who was the program's organizer for the Sanford PD.

Seriously, are you actually reading anything? It's like you don't even bother Googling this case.

Zimmerman was setting up a neighborhood watch and Dorival considered him the organized yet it was nothing official nor mart of the HOA.  There was no evidence to support the notion that Zimmerman was patrolling.

Red herring. You claimed that there was no evidence that Zimmerman was following Martin. I provided a direct quote from Zimmerman himself that states that he was. You were wrong, plain and simple.

Zimmerman started to follow Martin but there is little evidence to show that he continued to do so after he was told to stop.

...and regardless of us arguing about it the jury did not find enough evidence to convict of murder or manslaughter.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 08:14:31 pm by m52nickerson »

• The Beast
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #277 on: July 14, 2013, 05:50:37 pm »
I just noticed that Zimmerman kind of looks like a weird cross between my brother and my old boss, at least from certain angles. Especially in this picture:

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #278 on: July 14, 2013, 07:15:22 pm »
That picture brings up an unrelated question I've had for a while. Say I shoot someone in defense of myself, my family, and my property. This is a reasonably likely scenario as we recently had someone steal a trailer of ours and we bought a shotgun because of that. The police generally take the gun a evidence. Once it's proven that it was indeed self defense, do I get my stuff back?
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

• The Beast
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #279 on: July 14, 2013, 07:18:35 pm »
Yes. In fact, that picture came from an article about Zimmerman leaving the courtroom with the gun.

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #280 on: July 14, 2013, 10:28:49 pm »
Yep. Zimmerman has the gun he killed a kid with.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #281 on: July 14, 2013, 11:33:37 pm »

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #282 on: July 15, 2013, 12:01:08 am »
He couldn't leave it alone. He just couldn't stop from being a dick to the African American community one last time. First he claimed he shot Trayvon because God wanted him to or something, and now he wants them to apologize to him.

There's being an aggrandizing, self indulgent douche, and then there's being a suicidally stupid moron. He just signed his own death warrant; thanks Zimmerman. I look forward to the details, and I do hope its gruesome.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #283 on: July 15, 2013, 12:04:15 am »
He couldn't leave it alone. He just couldn't stop from being a dick to the African American community one last time. First he claimed he shot Trayvon because God wanted him to or something, and now he wants them to apologize to him.

There's being an aggrandizing, self indulgent douche, and then there's being a suicidally stupid moron. He just signed his own death warrant; thanks Zimmerman. I look forward to the details, and I do hope its gruesome.

That article was written a year ago.  Not saying it makes it okay, but this isn't something he did after being found not guilty.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #284 on: July 15, 2013, 12:09:40 am »
What if Martin had been armed? Would he not have been legally justified in shooting Zimmerman.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR