Author Topic: Catholic Archdiocese reduce teens to anger and tears  (Read 8995 times)

Offline Xotan

• Neonate
  • S'é mo chat luchtiarna an tí.
Re: Catholic Archdiocese reduce teens to anger and tears
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2012, 06:40:04 pm »
Just got back home - midnight here in my part of Europe.

@  RavynousHunter, He would not be the first to be removed from office!  I think it's a brilliant idea. 

But why stop there?  The whole corruption that is the Vatican should be dismantled,  I was in the US when the Chicago scandal broke. (Cardinal Law - ironical name!)  And then I was in Ireland when the seismic  revelations came on stream there,  Ireland has no further use for the Italian Mission.  As an anglican at that point, the Sunday Eucharist in the Anglican cathedral would have had a congregation of about 30.  Last time I was there it was packed to the doors.  Disaffected Catholics are voting with their feet.  My path went in another direction to agnosticism.

The truth is that as far back as the 1960s the Rat in the Vat was writing to bishops forbidding them (a) to mention the Vatican's decision and (b) forbidding bishops to denounce rogue priests to the proper civil authorities.  And that was tightened up over time.  As a result, evidence was withheld, crimes undeclared, and when caught, priests were moved on.  Now they go to jail.

I would be happy to see the whole Vatican power structure destroyed systematically, including its tentacles in other countries.

The history of the papacy is a sordid scramble for gaining power over the civil power, and money from its adherents.   It is not a case of rendering to Caesar any more, as the papacy has taken the place of Caesar.  Oh for the Ides of March for the structure - not for any person, I hasten to add.  I do not advocate violence - unlike the Vatican in its uncaring attitude towards the innocent.

Roman Catholicism is tainted with the sins of its Pope and his priests.  It must never be forgotten
Is maith le mo chat na Francaigh!  Is ban-chat fhrancach í.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2012, 08:22:22 pm »
Didn't a king respond to the pope excommunicating him by telling the pope the he was excommunicated?
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2012, 08:31:12 pm »
One time my sister's sunday school teacher told her that her dead cat wouldn't be heaven.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2012, 09:25:11 pm »
One time my sister's sunday school teacher told her that her dead cat wouldn't be heaven.

That is insensitive as all hell.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet