Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1542365 times)

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #8055 on: December 27, 2015, 06:59:57 pm »
I never called you a corporate sellout, a snob, but not a corporate sellout. I've said that you don't seem to be aware of the damage Free Trade has done to the working class in this country(losing the manufacturing base and the lack of decent paying jobs to replace those loses), but not a corporate sellout. And again it wasn't a "good debate moment" because it was lame attempt at being cool.  Good debate moments don't come off as pandering for attention.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #8056 on: December 27, 2015, 07:23:35 pm »
*lights the fuse*

Ironbite- y'all ready for this?

DUN NUN NU!

Ok time for the old Pipe Bomb effect which I don't think I've ever done outside of Flame and Burn.  Gonna be interesting as I ramble and rave but it's on topic for now.

Queen, I'm trying to figure out exactly why every time you have some sort of opinion that others don't really agree with whole heartily you blame it on the booze.  You can't be drinking that much all the time and still maintain employment.  Just own up to things and we can go on with our lives staring at your gams.

Now to address some of the points that I and Nicki have come up with.  Keep in mind there's no way I'm quoting whole posts so this'll be me just rambling.

While it is true Sanders seems to be lagging behind in the black vote category, that can be attributed to numerous things.  More then likely it's how he delivers his message that seems to put people off.  They're so used to being pandered too that they can't actually respond to a straight talker who's giving them the facts and then letting them make up their minds.  It's one of the things I like about Sanders.  He talks straight, doesn't pander, and lets others come to their own conclusions.  Maybe that's hurting him and quite possibly Clinton's taking advantage of that in the south.  But I'm not sure why that's such a bad thing.

You're wrong about Hil-Dog being any different then she was in 2008 and now.  She's the same old bitch she always has been, only with a focus on the "youth" voting block this time around.  But she's pandering to that block by quoting memes, latching onto popular culture, and even trying to insert herself into conversations that really have nothing to do with her or should include her.  It doesn't perplex me at all about how she's running this campaign this time around.  It's the same old strategy that made her the runner up last time and this time she's not gonna accept a Secretary of State position to appease her.

And that leads me to the head of the DNC.  You cannot begin to convince me that Sanders is facing an uphill climb from them if Debbie Wasserman Schultz is charing the DNC.  She was Clinton's 2008 campaign chair for fuck's sake.  Look me in the eye and tell me that the Dems aren't dirty dealing this as to apologize for letting a black man take what was supposed to be her seat away from her.  Go on.  I know you can but I'm not accepting that.  Schultz and the data breech and it's punishment of the Sanders campaign are just another example about how they don't want a so called "outsider" stealing another march on them like last time.  Clinton wants the White House again and wants to be the woman in charge and will do everything in her power to make that happen.  If that includes sabotaging another campaign, so be it.

And that leads me to the last point I'll address that you've made, the super delegates.  Yes Clinton has 500 to Sanders' 8 I believe you said?  That's because the super delegates know the writing on the wall when they see it.  Clinton is the party's choice.  Sanders didn't alienate any of these people with his manner.  They were ordered to go pledge for Clinton by the DNC.  Sanders faces one of the biggest uphill battles I've ever seen in this election.  And it's a battle I really hope he wins but we'll see.

Now I'm gonna sit here and say that I don't like some of the things Clinton is for.  I have issues with both Sanders and Clinton in regards to the issues they want to bring to the White House.  But I'm not gonna sit here and claim that whatever Clinton is doing is right just because she's got a vagina which is what some SJWs want.  They want her above all forms of criticism without understanding how wrong that is.  The more we criticize these candidates the more they listen to us and the more progressive we as a nation actually get.

Ironbite-*drops the mic*

pyro

« Reply #8057 on: December 27, 2015, 08:02:08 pm »
Remember what Queen said about conspiracy theories?

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #8058 on: December 27, 2015, 08:33:30 pm »
Yeah not buying that at all.

Ironbite-if it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck, and smells delicious when put in a pan like a duck, it's a duck.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #8059 on: December 27, 2015, 10:20:03 pm »
Nicki, you are right, you did not call me a "corporate sell-out." You did, however, say

Quote from: Nicki
it's nice to see that you need to get out of your ivory tower more often given your flippant attitude towards income inequality

you certainly have shown a "meh, who cares about the working class" attitude when it comes to effects of neo-liberalism on this country

In my book, to-may-toe, to-mah-toe.

As for Ironbite...

* The_Queen lights a fuse
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #8060 on: December 27, 2015, 10:23:29 pm »
Why don't you set off your pipe bomb here?

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=7076.0

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #8061 on: December 28, 2015, 06:31:02 pm »
Back on topic:

There was a very long post after this but all I got from it was "if you call straight people straight you hate ace people". 

Edit: I was having trouble reading all that discourse without going crosseyed so I stuck the text in a text-to-speech program and it pronounced "acephobia" as "ass-o-phobia", which I thought was funny in a immature way.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 06:33:12 pm by Ghoti »
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #8062 on: January 01, 2016, 12:43:12 am »

Art Vandelay

« Reply #8063 on: January 01, 2016, 01:07:37 am »
Nicki, you are right, you did not call me a "corporate sell-out." You did, however, say

it's nice to see that you need to get out of your ivory tower more often given your flippant attitude towards income inequality

you certainly have shown a "meh, who cares about the working class" attitude when it comes to effects of neo-liberalism on this country

As for Ironbite...

So, did it fizzle out or do you just have a far longer fuse than is necessary?

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #8064 on: January 01, 2016, 02:17:57 am »

As for Ironbite...

So, did it fizzle out or do you just have a far longer fuse than is necessary?

I'm just relaxing, enjoying the rest of my break. As for the upcoming post, I am really debating how far I should go with it. I'm not trying to anger anyone, but at the same time I don't think there is a polite way to say it. It is currently making me question the meaning and boundaries of friendship, as well as the foundational aspects of friendship in a community interacted with entirely through a computer. It is quite existential.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Even Then

« Reply #8065 on: January 01, 2016, 12:00:31 pm »
I for one am craving for those sick deconstructionist beats.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #8066 on: January 01, 2016, 03:42:17 pm »

What a waste of perfectly good ink.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 03:44:14 pm by Ultimate Paragon »

Even Then

« Reply #8067 on: January 01, 2016, 03:46:33 pm »
That's... true, though. An underprivileged group of people cannot be equally discriminatory to the privileged class. A police officer saying "I place you under arrest" to a civilian has more weight than vice versa.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #8068 on: January 01, 2016, 04:05:19 pm »
That's... true, though. An underprivileged group of people cannot be equally discriminatory to the privileged class. A police officer saying "I place you under arrest" to a civilian has more weight than vice versa.

Yeah, but saying they're not racist or sexist because of that is completely absurd.  Conflating bigotry with institutional bigotry is intellectually dishonest.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #8069 on: January 01, 2016, 04:26:06 pm »
Institutional sexism is not the same thing as sexism, merely a subset of it. Words mean things, and you can't just make up your own definitions willy-nilly to suit your argument.

Honestly now, why the fuck are people still, after all this time, claiming that the whole "racism/sexism/whatever else = power + prejudice" nonsense is anything other than utter bullshit?