Author Topic: Man shot and killed "for fun"  (Read 8502 times)

Offline Leafy

• Radical Radish
  • Pope
  • "My bunny will eat your soul!"
Re: Man shot and killed "for fun"
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2013, 11:39:23 pm »
I smell Facebook photos of themselves, there...

so much for keeping the names out of the media.
Uh, that's not the problem. Check the pictures in the OP's link.
They chose pretty much the worse possible pictures.
I think my eyesight is failing. The picture I posted had 3 black teens. The ones in the link had 2 black teens and 1 white teen, right.
The middle one looks like he is white, but they chose a picture where it was hard to tell. :/

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2013, 11:53:06 pm »
I smell Facebook photos of themselves, there...

so much for keeping the names out of the media.
Uh, that's not the problem. Check the pictures in the OP's link.
They chose pretty much the worse possible pictures.
I think my eyesight is failing. The picture I posted had 3 black teens. The ones in the link had 2 black teens and 1 white teen, right.
The middle one looks like he is white, but they chose a picture where it was hard to tell. :/
Then possibly the Michael Jones person has the wrong picture.
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2013, 11:55:22 pm »
I say we strip them naked, then dump them somewhere in the Australian Outback.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2013, 12:33:52 am »
Something odd I found:

As you can see, there's something rather strange about this picture.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2013, 12:35:34 am »
I told a guy on Facebook about this, he managed to find the source of "Michael Jones'" photo: link

Turns out, it's another photo of James Edward.
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2013, 12:40:24 am »
Former deputy prime minister Tim Fischer criticized the National Rifle Association and asked Australians to avoid the U.S. as a way to force its Congress to act on gun control.

"Tourists thinking of going to the U.S.A. should think twice," Fischer told the Herald Sun.

"This is the bitter harvest and legacy of the policies of the NRA that even blocked background checks for people buying guns at gun shows. People should take this into account before going to the United States. I am deeply angry about this because of the callous attitude of the three teenagers, [but] it's a sign of the proliferation of guns on the ground in the U.S.A. There is a gun for almost every American."

Oh, for fuck's sake....

You're taking three kids who decided to murder someone because of boredom, and suggesting that they wouldn't have done it if they didn't have a gun? That's not the kind of people who are going to give two shits! You're literally murdering people for fun; how is not having a gun going to make you suddenly rethink everything?

Never mind that the distribution of violent crime in the United States is extremely uneven (it's mostly concentrated in large urban areas, especially poor ones) and even the most murder-prone city in the United States (Flint, Michigan) tops out at 65-66 murders per 100,000 citizens. You're not exactly likely to get blasted by thugs every time you walk out on the street. A major part of the apparent violence of the United States comes from its large size and high population, and how many of the citizens live in densely populated urban centers that almost always suffer higher crime rates no matter what country you come from.

But no, actually understanding crime in relation to population and economic factors and how it's unevenly distributed would actually require intelligence and willingness to be educated. Can't have that in politics.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2013, 12:47:02 am »
Someone never told these kids there were things they can shoot that - while serving their urges - do not carry the same penalty as murder.

All the same, given Oklahoma, they're set for death SOMEHOW.

I really cannot say very much more. I lack the moral authority to condemn anyone for anything. I've seen it before, heard of similar before.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2013, 11:11:21 am »

No, too early in the day, try again in a few years.

Seriously, how do people like that even exist? Shouldn't there be some deep, primal instinct that keeps us from killing at random?

It's called a conscience.

Some people are born without it.

Other people are taught not to have it.
Some lose it via trauma. Some get it back. Been there, done that. I get where their minds are coming from. Go back to the deepest parts of my depression and this would seem reasonable to me. That said, can we ship them to the sun? Please?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 11:14:09 am by PosthumanHeresy »
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Silhouette

• Neonate
  • Something clever belongs here...
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2013, 07:42:09 pm »
Of course now people are saying, "A white guy got shot by black guys! Where's the justice?! Where's the outcry liberals/Al Sharpton/Jesse Jackson/Obama?!"

Completely missing the point that these guys got arrested immediatly, without national outcry, and the victim's background wasn't looked into instead of the shooters'.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 07:44:02 pm by Silhouette »
WTF should I put here?!               was gaptt