Author Topic: Rebel patriot accidentally shoot himself at imaginary protest site  (Read 1366 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
https://theguardiansofdemocracy.com/confederate-patriot-accidentally-shoots-nonexistent-antifa-protest-gettysburg/

OK, so here's how it goes: Alt-Right has been trying to troll or discredit ANTIFA by making claims of ANTIFA protests at Confederate statues (or on one occasion at a pro-USA Texan statue because they thought it would be really funny if ANTIFA accidentally destroyed a non-Confederate statue.) So far this has not worked as ANTIFA are smart enough to know which calls for protest are from trolls and which are real.

...Guess who haven't been smart enough for this? The Alt-Right, the KKK and several other "Patriotic" groups that wish to defend "history not hate" and protect the statues.

And at one such counter-protest for an imaginary protest a "Confederate-patriot" (his words) accidentally shot himself in the foot.

Benjamin Hornberger, of Shippensburg, Pennsylvania, accidentally triggered the revolver when he temporarily rested the bottom of his flag pole against the holster, according to witnesses.
And because this story needed more examples of poor gun handling:
According to USA Today, the antiquated firearm discharged a second time while a police officer attempted to get ammunition out of the gun.

For the record, I assume what happened was that this was an old revolver and the hammer rests directly on the primer so keeping all chambers loaded causes a risk that the hammer hits the primer and detonates it. Which is why the old way in the American West was to keep one chamber empty for the sake of safety. (More modern revolvers may have a mechanical disconnect that prevents the hammer from reaching the primer unless the trigger is pulled.)

Or it could have been a black powder revolver in which case it's otherwise the same except instead of a primer there are removable percussion caps and unloading it either means firing all the chambers or getting special tools to dig out the balls and pour out the powder.

But I'm just mainly amused that

a) KKK, Alt-Right and several other groups keep falling for this trick.

b) This was the second incident where Confederate accidentally shot himself in two days time.

c) This bit:

“The Confederate battle flag has nothing to do with slavery,” he said, standing in the same area where 154 years ago the Confederate Army marched into town, abducting free black Americans and sending them to the South to be sold into slavery.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Rebel patriot accidentally shoot himself at imaginary protest site
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2017, 03:15:04 pm »
THIS IDIOT CAUSED THE CAUSALITY FIGURES FROM THE BATTLE OF GETTYSBURG TO BE UPDATED!  AHAHAHAHAH!

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2017, 03:35:56 pm »
a) I believe you meant casualty, not causality.

b)

Note that even on 4Chan some realised that this place would not have made sense for the ANTIFA to desecrate, but as usual the dumbest most gullible members of Alt-Right, KKK and militias didn't care about history or other facts as they rushed to make fools out of themselves.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2017, 05:07:57 pm »
I'll admit to having a moment so...

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2017, 11:32:29 pm »
How is /pol/ so stupid to actually think the kind of person that would call themself Antifa would use a homophobic slur in their taunt? I mean, I'm fairly certain that image board users are the only people out there that still casually use that slur.
Who needs a signature?

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2017, 12:59:39 am »
...louts will be louts.

The "patriot" and these guys just as well.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2017, 08:49:13 pm »
If he shot himself in the balls would that qualify as a Darwin Award?

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2017, 05:22:02 am »
It seems the shot in the foot was both literal and metaphorical.