Author Topic: One upping gerrymandering; Splitting California  (Read 2484 times)

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
Re: One upping gerrymandering; Splitting California
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2014, 02:49:58 am »
Tim Draper filed a ballot initiative in December stating that because of recent social and economic changes California has become “nearly ungovernable.”

So the bitch is mad at prop 8 dying and at Covered California and California's transgender law and prop 30 (which means prop 13 is dying too) passing so he wants to kill California altogether and deliberately fracture the Bay Area and Greater LA in order for conservatives to get a shot at the senate. Obvious gerrymandering is obvious. Also if this didn't work in Colorado what makes you think it'd work here?
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2014, 03:50:52 pm »
Split all the states. Split all the cities, too. Split all the neighborhoods and blocks and towns. Split apartment blocks. Split houses. Split floors. Split people.
Split atoms. Watch the world burn.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2014, 04:06:27 pm »
Here's at least an objective version of "Waaah, why can't the GOP win statewide elections anymore? We need to fix that!" To be fair, yes, they did split up Texas. Mormons were handed vast swaths of land in the west. Shasta and Rainier annexed two former states with little to no climatological similarity. Also, I guess they wanted Republicans in charge of the Mexican border:

Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2014, 04:33:56 pm »
Plate tectonics will handle this.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.