Author Topic: Gamers throw shitfit re: transgender character in Baldur's Gate  (Read 35339 times)

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
Re: Gamers throw shitfit re: transgender character in Baldur's Gate
« Reply #120 on: April 06, 2016, 03:32:00 pm »
...fuck it, let's say that's an actual quote because I'll be fucked if I click that far. You're not worth that effort.

To quote myself:

"No one's been denying that people have been complaining about the mechanics being bugged, cumwad. You're telling us things we already know. What we're against is you taking the non-transphobic comments (which is cherrypicking) and using them to tell us that the transphobia and other assorted "muh status quo" are not another notable contributing factor."

Interesting.  How do you define "transphobic comments?"

It really is an "I'll know it when I see it" test to certain -isms. Largely, because know-nothings like yourself continue to play dense to avoid being called on your shit. Nevertheless, if you would agree, I would serve as an independent judge of whether the comments are transphobic. Everyone knows I think very little of you, but I can put aside my personal disdain for you long enough to at least evaluate a statement. If this is not conducive, we can get two other gender-variant individuals on the board (say Random and Zygarde if they approve joining) to act as a three person panel to judge whether the comment is transphobic.

You game?
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #121 on: April 06, 2016, 03:35:49 pm »
...yeah, no, you're doing this on purpose so you're even less worth my time. This isn't the Socratic method, cockpeeler: this is you being given a writeup, reading it, throwing it into a trash can and then asking me for another writeup. I'm done.

Pardon me for wanting to establish criteria.

Oh no you don't. You are pretending to be ignorant and ignoring arguments on the basis that we haven't explained what every single word of them means BUT you yourself are exempt from the same rules and you throw in random links and quotes without examining them in the same inane detail.

I was only too happy to establish criteria when Even asked.

Removes the two most idiotic things I've ever seen in a cRPG.

Requires Siege of Dragonspear Expansion So, the Siege of Dragonspear expansion came out a few days ago. It's pretty "meh" since its a Beamdog original, but once again SJW writers just had to include their propaganda to virtue signal about how tolerant and inclusive they are. And I'm not the only one who's sick of this. Now...

What the mod actually does For lack of a better-working solution (and because I'm a n00b at modding), commenting on how strange Mizhena's name is simply ends dialogue. No special snowflake life story for you, hooray!

One of Minsc's rare "task given" lines has been changed to something else. The devs thought it would be hilarious if they got a jab at GamerGate in the game and have Minsc say it, of all people. Totally not an invitation to respond in some way, and its just sad to defile Minsc to use as their political mouthpiece to express a "take that" to their #1 boogeyman.

No string references are added or replaced for maximum compatibility and simplicity.

Installation Extract the override folder and place the two files in your own override folder of your Siege of Dragonspear installation. The location should look something like this for those who bought it from Beamdog:

Baldur's Gate Siege of Dragonspear\Data\00806\override

What about Beamdog's artistic vision, you hypocritical GooberGrappler!?! LOL OWNED, MISOGYNIST!

Guess every mod that adds more story or quests violates their artistic vision, then. They can do whatever they like, they don't have to change anything for anyone. But I can, and that's the difference.

Soo... the problem isn't the inclusion of a Trans character with an optional line of dialogue, it's about bad writing. The bad writing this mod removes that was said line of dialogue. But the problem isn't with the Trans character. Which the mod removes..

does KiddiesInAction have any semblance of self-awareness?

The person's an admitted noob, so maybe that was the best they could do.

...fuck it, let's say that's an actual quote because I'll be fucked if I click that far. You're not worth that effort.

To quote myself:

"No one's been denying that people have been complaining about the mechanics being bugged, cumwad. You're telling us things we already know. What we're against is you taking the non-transphobic comments (which is cherrypicking) and using them to tell us that the transphobia and other assorted "muh status quo" are not another notable contributing factor."

It really is an "I'll know it when I see it" test to certain -isms. Largely, because know-nothings like yourself continue to play dense to avoid being called on your shit. Nevertheless, if you would agree, I would serve as an independent judge of whether the comments are transphobic. Everyone knows I think very little of you, but I can put aside my personal disdain for you long enough to at least evaluate a statement. If this is not conducive, we can get two other gender-variant individuals on the board (say Random and Zygarde if they approve joining) to act as a three person panel to judge whether the comment is transphobic.

You game?

Let me think about it.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 03:39:07 pm by Ultimate Paragon »

Even Then

« Reply #122 on: April 06, 2016, 03:36:37 pm »
Don't forget the innocuous twist on the catchphrase of a movement! A joke that doesn't even deride said catchphrase! See, there's another complaint as well, that means the transphobia isn't a motivating factor for this mod, if you beat someone's ass for being gay and steal their wallet to buy a soda that means it's not a hate crime amirite

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #123 on: April 06, 2016, 03:39:31 pm »

To quote myself:

You game?

Let me think about it.

There really isn't that much to think about, it's just letting a group of individuals more knowledge of trans issues than most evaluate a statement for transphobia (or just myself acting impartially). As such, think you can get me an answer by 11:59 PM, EST, April 6, 2016?

I hate that I have to be so specific with you.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #124 on: April 06, 2016, 03:40:44 pm »
Don't forget the innocuous twist on the catchphrase of a movement! A joke that doesn't even deride said catchphrase! See, there's another complaint as well, that means the transphobia isn't a motivating factor for this mod, if you beat someone's ass for being gay and steal their wallet to buy a soda that means it's not a hate crime amirite

Let me get this straight: do you think simply mentioning Mizhena in a review is transphobic?

Offline Vinroke

• Apprentice
« Reply #125 on: April 06, 2016, 03:42:30 pm »
There is no way in hell you are this stupid
Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes
Machina improba! Vel mihi ede potum vel mihi redde nummos meos!

Even Then

« Reply #126 on: April 06, 2016, 03:45:14 pm »
Quote from: me
for this mod

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #127 on: April 06, 2016, 03:48:04 pm »
Quote from: me
for this mod

Missed that part.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #128 on: April 06, 2016, 03:58:44 pm »
There is no way in hell you are this stupid

Kid, I like your style. You need to post more often.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #130 on: April 06, 2016, 04:24:07 pm »

To quote myself:

You game?

Let me think about it.

There really isn't that much to think about, it's just letting a group of individuals more knowledge of trans issues than most evaluate a statement for transphobia (or just myself acting impartially). As such, think you can get me an answer by 11:59 PM, EST, April 6, 2016?

I hate that I have to be so specific with you.

Alright, let's go with the consensus.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #131 on: April 06, 2016, 06:06:55 pm »
Sweet. I'll need to get their approval to joining such a panel, or others. If I can't find anyone else, well, looks like I'm you judge, jury, and executioner, buddy!

Offline Vinroke

• Apprentice
« Reply #132 on: April 06, 2016, 06:29:25 pm »
First you'll need to define "Judge", "Jury" and "Executioner" which will then be arbitrarily re-interpreted to the point that you'll need to define "Judge", "Jury" and executioner which will then...

fuck it that would take too long, the KiddieInAction well simply ignore any panel and deflect with enough force to melt Europa
Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes
Machina improba! Vel mihi ede potum vel mihi redde nummos meos!

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #133 on: April 06, 2016, 06:47:57 pm »
Ultie, where and how cheaply did you purchase a backhoe? I figure you must have one, to be digging yourself a hole so quickly and efficiently.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #134 on: April 06, 2016, 06:50:28 pm »
Ultie, where and how cheaply did you purchase a backhoe? I figure you must have one, to be digging yourself a hole so quickly and efficiently.

Don't blame me, blame the ideological circlejerk that refuses to accept dissenting viewpoints.  Fact is, I have strong evidence suggesting that the transphobes are a vocal minority among the expansion's critics.